• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash of the Fists (My New Smash Bros. Clone in Unity) - Need Help!

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
Hey, guys. So I downloaded Unity on my laptop last night, trying to get use to the way of editing a game and going through tutorials. As I went through this I thought to myself about making a Smash Bros. clone but with original characters. This is my idea called Clash of the Fists.

What is it?
Clash of the Fists is a Smash Bros. clone where you can play up to 25 characters (or contestants, since this might be like a game show) in the roster. As I said, Clash of the Fists takes place in a game show, hosted by the one and only Mr. Clash, where they fight until they are out of the ring.

Here are your contestants:
So far I have a character I may reveal, but the rest will be announced later on. These are concept art I have made myself.

Stacy Reaper
Fighting Type: Scythe Fighter
Bio: Stacy Reaper is the sexiest girl around Reaperville. She is the father of the Grim Reaper and a model for Reaper Gals magazine. One day, Stacy Reaper wanted to show everyone how she can be the best fighter there is by collecting their souls and being cute due to her beauty.

Clash of the Fists needs YOU!
Clash of the Fist needs the crew for this #1 game show in Television history and is seeking assistance. It needs to be in the style of Skullgirls and Smash Bros., making them cartoony and anime-ish at the same time. Here are some people we need:
- Developer: Russell_SSB (Me!)
- Artists
- 3D Modelers (Characters, Stages, items, etc. since this might be in 3D)
- Programmers

- Composers
- ETC. (Also ideas/suggestions/feedback)

Thanks! :)

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
If you want a career in game dev, learn to program and start really small. 3d platform fighter with 25 chars will take years with a full team of experienced devs. I also would not expect anyone to join your team without there being any work done beforehand.

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
If you want a career in game dev, learn to program and start really small. 3d platform fighter with 25 chars will take years with a full team of experienced devs. I also would not expect anyone to join your team without there being any work done beforehand.
Thanks. Sorry I wasn't meaning to get too carried away.

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
Thanks. Sorry I wasn't meaning to get too carried away.
I apologise if I'm sounding harsh. It's great that you have an interest in game dev, but it is an extremely common theme to see people get their first taste and then immediately jump into an impossibly large project, which will inevitably be abandoned. It is much healthier to make smaller games first, where you can learn the foundation but also makes all the mistakes everyone inevitably does. The worst thing to do is to start building something large with poor infrastructure, because it always gets to a tipping point where you need to tear it all down. I wish you the best in your endeavours!

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
I apologise if I'm sounding harsh. It's great that you have an interest in game dev, but it is an extremely common theme to see people get their first taste and then immediately jump into an impossibly large project, which will inevitably be abandoned. It is much healthier to make smaller games first, where you can learn the foundation but also makes all the mistakes everyone inevitably does. The worst thing to do is to start building something large with poor infrastructure, because it always gets to a tipping point where you need to tear it all down. I wish you the best in your endeavours!
Thank! :)

Lans

Smash Rookie
That guys an ignorant stooge kid.

I used to help ORIGIN with Ultima Online and I remade it's entire GUIs and GUMPs through the .muls and verdata; when they used it, in under 4 days.

... That's 135,000 odd entries of graphics all replaced with custom made versions. Kid. Don't lie to people about what it takes. He has a beautiful dream and idea and you're making the world a darker place with your ignorance, most developers are Lazy if you get a Real Team you'll learn what a Real Designer and Worker can do.

... The animations each had 32 directions with upwards 90 frames each, which each took me about 30 minutes to an hour per direction to fully recreate and reorient pixel by pixel on the avatar, adding a new animation meant all 86 odd items/equippables needed that added to them as well. I added martial arts animations for that games' engine for their server without even being asked because it was obvious it lacked them. That's not touching on XML animations that I incorporated into the Spell Craft system to make it 'seem' more magical.

... Creating music took about 5 minutes per basic composure while analyzing the nature, environment, situations, creatures involved, mythos, and 'atmosphere'. Refined editions could take weeks, but that's usually not called for and these days they don't use symphonies like we did they use midi-loops for rave type music that's space efficient. "Dost thou even compose or direct?"

... Likewise point collision, timing, fluidity to animations and determining the potency/force/impact/velocity during contact are the hardest part of a smash game -- having studied physics, quantum physics in many of their capacities; that's like going to read a pamphlet of my notes. It's quite natural to do; you didn't even touch on this before discouraging him.

Here's areas I can handle:

- Damage Calculations (Any / All)
- Angular mathmatics (Any / All)
- Refined and Applied Physics, Macro/Micro (Any / All)
- Thermodynamic Nature and Balance of Energies within Outer-Systems and Sub-Systems (Any / All Realities)
- Character drawing/design ( I imagine all team mates will want to help there, it's fun, but Any / All here as well, being a Theologist/Historian gives you great insight into "all humanity" up to the points you've studied, so far i'm about 25,000 years past Mesopotamia in having reviewed our world.)
- Level and Stage Design. (See Above, I already have one designed that's 1 Macro Stage and consists of 12 sub-stages that are viable to suit various play modes and styles within the engine, or any engine as they're adaptable.)
- Interactive Environments and Cultured AIs (AIs that are semi-intelligent)
- Market design, appeals, implements, and balances of algorithms to ensure ideal cost.
- I am well educated in combat, I love it. I can help determine how your fighters do/don't operate and how works and "Does not" and "What this strike does and why/how"
- Help you realize how to create flowing environments with shifting aspects, it took Nintendo about 15 years and some anonymous letters to figure it out, they still ony realized about 4 out of 45 dimensions I told them about with those, there's many layers and aspects to be learned and considered.
- A lot more.

What I don't do:
- Actually creating the meshes/textures/modells.
- The direct coding itself, usually, I prefer to design as a expert designer and expert developer tend to 'be fastest as a duo'; not a singular. Both are thought/focus intensive!

I'd be happy to help you out Russel, I anticipate it'd take between 2 months and a year with a "Good" team, which won't be hard to assemble.

Just4giglez123

Smash Rookie
Hey, guys. So I downloaded Unity on my laptop last night, trying to get use to the way of editing a game and going through tutorials. As I went through this I thought to myself about making a Smash Bros. clone but with original characters. This is my idea called Clash of the Fists.

What is it?
Clash of the Fists is a Smash Bros. clone where you can play up to 25 characters (or contestants, since this might be like a game show) in the roster. As I said, Clash of the Fists takes place in a game show, hosted by the one and only Mr. Clash, where they fight until they are out of the ring.

Here are your contestants:
So far I have a character I may reveal, but the rest will be announced later on. These are concept art I have made myself.

Stacy Reaper
Fighting Type: Scythe Fighter
Bio: Stacy Reaper is the sexiest girl around Reaperville. She is the father of the Grim Reaper and a model for Reaper Gals magazine. One day, Stacy Reaper wanted to show everyone how she can be the best fighter there is by collecting their souls and being cute due to her beauty.

Clash of the Fists needs YOU!
Clash of the Fist needs the crew for this #1 game show in Television history and is seeking assistance. It needs to be in the style of Skullgirls and Smash Bros., making them cartoony and anime-ish at the same time. Here are some people we need:
- Developer: Russell_SSB (Me!)
- Artists
- 3D Modelers (Characters, Stages, items, etc. since this might be in 3D)
- Programmers

- Composers
- ETC. (Also ideas/suggestions/feedback)

Thanks! :)
I m willing to help you I two am building a team and have 2 people so far and 15 character designs

Top Bottom