• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cincinnati Smashfesting! (Next Event: Dec 27th!)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I was like "whoa, we're having a smashfest at the house?" and then I remembered it was at Arcade Legacy so prolly won't be here

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Fair warning to everyone, my phone has bit the dust and I won't be able to replace it for a couple days. If you want to get in touch with me for this event today, you might call arcade legacy's phone.

(513) 874-8766

I will plan on being there all day.

xFumbles

Smash Apprentice
I had such a great experience, I hope the Cincinnati crew decides to keep holding events and hangouts! And I DIDN'T GET WREAKED WITH 4 STOCKS <3

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Here are the results from that 10-man bracket we did. Unfortunately I can't remember all the characters. Some of these are guesses. Feel free to correct if you'd like. Fun times guys.

1: Rizner :zelda:

2: Doctor X :wolf: :fox: :falcon:

3: Nick :marth:

4: sneakytako :warioc: :sheik:

5: Matt :link2: :toonlink: :luigi2:

5: Sorasin :falco:

7: xFumbles :peach: :zelda: :marth:

7: Peep :sheik:

9: Will :squirtle:

9: Sean :zelda:

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Bump for an update to the OP. We will be doing this smashfest again on the 10th. I think if we get at least 8 people we'll do draft crews, maybe?

Could be a lot of fun.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
So I don't know whether I should be expecting anybody today or not? Nobody else is here yet besides s couple randoms I managed to get to join me.

I'll chill for another hour or two and probably go if nobody else comes.

Edit: Ok I'm outta here. I'll let AL know to inform me if anybody shows up later. >.>

xFumbles

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I deeply apologize Doc. I fully planned on going, but I simply was running on no sleep because everyone was up and loud last night and my scedule got out of whack. But I promise, there's nothing stopping me from going next week!

Doctor X

Smash Lord
tbqh I didn't really get confirmations from anybody else. No worries, though. I did get to play with a few randoms so it wasn't a total loss. I doubt any of them will show up for the tournament based on their reactions to getting trounced-- both in P:M and in vBrawl-- but still... Exposing otherwise unaware people to real competitive smash is always nice.

OH Rob

Smash Rookie
I plan on being in town through around the weekend and a little bit into next week. Are you going to be playing any Smash after Nerd Rage?

Rizner

Smash Ace
I might start holding smashfests at my apartment (Milford area) regularly-ish. I'm out of town this week, but when I'm back I'll plan it out and let you guys know more details. Most likely will be on Fridays starting after 6 or so because I have work until 5, unless people say that wouldn't work.

Edit: If I do, I'd need people to bring set-ups. I currently have no CRT tv, so would need at least one of those.

SoulPech

Smash Master
CINCI! I'm holding a smashfest this weekend on Saturday from 12-whenever. You guys should come.

Dr. X I am "borrowing" your idea for a Pie Crew. hYPEEEEE

mudkyp

Smash Apprentice
You guys still doing these? I'm a Melee/PM player from Dayton but I was out in New England for the past year. Would be down to play some P:M soon!

Heroofhatz

Smash Journeyman
You guys still doing these? I'm a Melee/PM player from Dayton but I was out in New England for the past year. Would be down to play some P:M soon!
I second that, I'm a P:M/Melee'r from Colorado currently in Oxford Ohio for college. When's the next get together? I'd love to meet the rest of the community and get some games in!

SoulPech

Smash Master
Cincinatti is currently kinda dead w/ Smash related activities. I would recommend checking out Columbus for now to get Smash stuff.

SoulPech

Smash Master
I'll see if There's a facebook group because i do know when Smashboards was down the secondary communication method was facebook. I'll check that later and get back w/ you.

Heroofhatz

Smash Journeyman
I found the Ohio/Kentucky FB group, and it seems like there a few people who are still active, BH3 just took them away for a while.

xFumbles

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, i was hoping nerd rage would get the crew together again. I live in liberty township. If anyone wants to play, im all for it. Cant go too much further than cincinnati, but anyone can come to my place :3

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I got pretty sick following Nerd Rage and I've had a lot of real-life stuff to take care of, both as a result of this and other things. My plan had been to talk to Jesse about doing monthlies at AL, but, you know... stuff happens.

I do want more Smash going on in Cincinnati, though. Really, I think we just need a definitive forum to use for arranging things. This thread I'm unsure of, as the last time I used it to arrange a fest, nobody showed. :p

Would you guys prefer some kind of facebook group?

handicappedhero

Smash Rookie
Hanging out counts as a small quality event! After Thanksgiving I should have my Wii back in my possession. Maybe by then I won't embarrass myself when I go against someone local!

xFumbles

Smash Apprentice
probably not. I live down in liberty township, if anyone lives close by and wants some practice, im all in. i play everyone so i wont bore you :cool:

handicappedhero

Smash Rookie
I live in Oakley/Hyde Park. I work from home, and have a pretty flexible schedule. I can't currently host, as I have no Wii and a tiny crap TV, but I also drive up to West Chester sometimes. I don't mind visiting someone in my free time. I'm good at cooking, so we could make a lunch/late breakfast of it!

xFumbles

Smash Apprentice
both of you guys are close! i know heroofhatz said he doesnt have a car, but we should work something out. my room isnt too big, but i can host a few people here :3 otherwise, someone else could host?

Heroofhatz

Smash Journeyman
I've got a few friends who might be able to take me down to Cincinnati one weekend, but I'm heading to Shuffle IV next weekend. Maybe I can meet a few people there and see if I can work something out.

Top Bottom