• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cincinnati Smash Revival Biweekly Results

KERO

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts to Cinatas for coming out of nowhere, beating me in pools (I johned about the barrels like mad, but you deserved the win), and taking 5th overall. You need to come to Comfy and Easy to Wear and Beta Ignition, man! It's great seeing new Kentucky people taking interest in our scene!

Cinatas

Smash Cadet
NNID
cinatas
Shoutouts to Cinatas for coming out of nowhere, beating me in pools (I johned about the barrels like mad, but you deserved the win), and taking 5th overall. You need to come to Comfy and Easy to Wear and Beta Ignition, man! It's great seeing new Kentucky people taking interest in our scene!
Hey thanks, Its nice to play some good players offline, Ive been playing strictly online for to long XD

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
January 3, 2015

Smash 4 WiiU Doubles (11)

1: Kentucky Boys (Kero, Amida) ($55.00)
2: AbsolEric (Absol, MisterEric) ($35.20)
3: Weeaboos (Sorasin, Luminoth) ($19.80)
4: VillageDTJ (VillageMascot, DTJ)
5: Monogatari (Soulpech, Katakiri)
5: Today with Fumbles (Fumbles, Today)
7: HalfClef (Halfjack, Clef)
7: SneakyRizner (SneakyTako, Rizner)
9: Quinton, Lellam (Quinton, Lellam)
9: Skiboots, OSB (Skiboots, OSB)
9: Corn Relish (Corn, Rello)

Melee Singles (45)

1: Fizzle ($112.50) :sheikmelee: :peachmelee: :marthmelee:
2: ToastBread ($67.50) :falcomelee:
3: Ragu ($33.75) :sheikmelee:
4: Fumbles ($11.25) :pikachumelee: :peachmelee:
5: Dr. X :foxmelee:
5: Sorasin :foxmelee: :falcomelee:
7: Mudkyp :peachmelee:
7: TeamNick :jigglypuffmelee:
9: DBSammy
9: Amida :jigglypuffmelee:
9: Soulpech :jigglypuffmelee:
9: Chi :sheikmelee:
13: Master WGS :marthmelee:
13: EAT PU55Y :popo:
13: Juushichi :gw: :pikachumelee:
13: HalfJack
17: Peppy
17: OLA :sheikmelee:
17: Village Mascot :foxmelee:
17: Luminoth :foxmelee: :sheikmelee:
17: Mr. Ravine :sheikmelee:
17: SneakyTako :marthmelee:
17: Dr. GreenThumb :peachmelee:
17: Dirac :foxmelee:
~pools cutoff~
25: Clef
25: Joe
25: DanX
25: Rizner :foxmelee:
29: Modem :marthmelee:
29: PAS
29: KidBuu :falcomelee:
29: Max
29: Dante
29: Quinton
29: Kellam :foxmelee:
36: Karinole
36: Zeppelin
36: Justin
36: Russy :falconmelee:
36: RedXParasite
36: Logan L.
36: Mr. L
43: Hoff :sheikmelee:
43: Cobbler
43: AaronBL

PM 3.5 Singles (34)
1: Fizzle ($85.00) :sheik: :rob:
2: Soulpech ($51.00) :jigglypuff:
3: Village Mascot ($25.50) :link2:
4: EAT PU55Y ($8.50) :ivysaur:
5: DBSammy
5: Juushichi :gw:
7: Fumbles :popo: :metaknight:
7: Master WGS :bowser2::lucas:
9: Ragu :zelda: :sheik:
9: Mister Eric :rob:
9: Dr. X :lucas:
9: SneakyTako :metaknight:
13: Rizner :zelda:
13: Clef :mario2:
13: Peppy
13: HalfJack :gw:
17: Hoff :snake:
17: OLA
17: Kellam :gw:
17: Zeppelin
17: Ninth Wonder :gw:
17: DTJ | SZ
17: Secret Boss
17: Dante
~drowned in pools~
25: Mr. L
25: Pas
25: Mr. Ravine :wario:
25: KidBuu :mario2:
25: Usagimaru :squirtle:
25: Quinton
31: DanX
31: Kyle
31: John F
31: Raws

Smash 4 WiiU Singles (40)
1: Katakiri ($100.00) :4metaknight:
2: Kero ($60.00) :4greninja:
3: Mister Eric ($30.00) :4rob:
4: DTJ | SZ ($10.00)
5: Fumbles :rosalina:
5: Amida :4ness:
7: Secret Boss
7: Village Mascot :4luigi:
9: Fizzle :rosalina: :4ness:
9: KassandraNova :4peach: :rosalina:
9: Soulpech :4jigglypuff:
9: PiBs :4ness: :4jigglypuff: :4olimar:
13: Sorasin :4yoshi: (dropped)
13: Rell
13: Brill :4duckhunt:
13: Karinole
~pools cutoff~
17: Absol :4sheik:
17: KidBuu :4shulk: :4megaman:
17: Cinatas :4link:
17: Peppy
21: OSB
21: Clef
21: Renko
21: Lumpy Gravy
21: DBSammy
26: Mr. L
26: Skiboots
26: Luminoth :4bowserjr:
26: SneakyTako :4rob:
26: Stealthy Brill :4pikachu: :4wiifit:
31: Trymada
31: P
31: QBehine
31: Cobra-chan
31: Ninth Wonder
36: RedXParasite
36: Justin
36: Russhi :4yoshi:
36: HalfJack
36: Dreadeye

Bracket Images: http://imgur.com/a/kZ6UY#0

Last edited:

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
I want to apologize for the changes I had to make in smash 4 to save time and finish the tournament on time. Maybe this will push the point through to players that we NEED setups, tournaments cannot be run without setups and the community needs to help support events by simply bringing there setup. I have ideas to cut time in future events like doing pools in waves or bracket but setups is a key factor to finishing any tournament on time.

Shoutouts: To all the new people that came! Love to see new faces and I hope to have you guys back for future events.

Juushichi: For giving a false tag and ruining the seeding in a pool.

Rell: For getting first in his pool out of nowhere! Too bad he had to urgently leave when bracket started.

Katakiri: Keep up the great work, your metaknight is fierce. Everyone from the area knows the king of brawl never really left.

Ragu & Toastbread for great performances in melee.

To all the puff players placing right below the fox players.

Fumbles for placing the highest in melee.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
In PM I was Bowser and Lucas. In Melee I was Marth.

Shout outs to Village Mascot for bouncing back and taking our set after I 3-stocked him game 1. Never underestimate the power of minor adjustments and adaptation in games 2&3.

NinthWonder

Smash Apprentice
I performed really badly in bracket and it was obvious that I was making bad inputs and dumb mistakes. I'm still happy I met my goal of getting out of pools, and I did it pretty well. I need to work harder and get up to the level where I can start posing a threat to the bigger names.

I was hella salty earlier, but now I'm satisfied with this given my current skill. I definitely plan on keeping my current character switch, and I'll start using my pocket Kirby more and see how that works (I forgot I had one and didn't use him :c ).

Shout outs to Ragu and Rizner for being cool guys to talk to and especially Ragu for the friendlies.

Hoff for coming out to his first tournament. I noticed you never L-cancelled, which I would definitely recommend, as Snake has laggy aerials, and you can get combos off with them by using cancels (it's easier in P:M too since your character lights up). Also, you are (after the Zelda projectile changes) the best character at stage control. Abuse the mines. Keep doing those downsmash mine setups too. Good job though!

Hoff's friend (forget his tag) that did some G&W dittos with me.

Usagimaru for some tight matches. You've got a good Squirtle, but after a while those side-b gimmicks got predictable. Really good job!

I'll definitely try to head to the big 24th tournament and test my luck there.

(I played G&W by the way in P:M)

Last edited:

it's Papa

Smash Apprentice
I (EATPU55Y) used Ice Climbers in melee, but it's w/e.

Shoutouts tho

HalfJack: Our set in pm pools was a nail biter. That G&W was very scary, and you've got tether edgeguarding down to a science. Keep up the improvement.

Master WGS: You shoulda had me in our PM set; that ending was very unfortunate. Glad I was able to make you sweat with my Ice Climbers in our melee set. They're getting there.

Juushichi: Was super stoked that I finally beat you in bracket. That was one of the best sets of smash I've ever played. Sorry for popping off on you.

Collin: Sorry for also entering under a false tag and messing up seeding. It's kind of a custom at Columbus biweeklies lol

Village Mascot: GOOD **** ON TAKING OUT FIZZLE, DAMN. That was legit. Also sorry for wobbling your Samus at 0% in Melee; no hard feelings.

all other Cincy folk: Always nice to see and hang out with you guys at these CSR tourneys. Glad to see the attendance so strong for this one, even if it posed some logistical difficulties. git gud at PM guys

Village Mascot

Smash Rookie
Overall I had a lot of fun, even if the beginning of the tournament kind of had a rough start and I was bouncing back and forth between pools / occasionally getting yelled at (no worries anyone who did, it was kind of hectic)

Some shoutouts yayyy:

(PM/Melee)
Koz/EATPU55Y/Papa Smurf /Whateverthe****: No hard feelings in Melee; I basically just ran into you when you did that, haha. And thanks, hopefully I can keep that up :p

Juushichi: Thanks for the bit of tips, sorry there wasn't a ton of time to play friendlies :(. Definitely good seeing you again and keep us updated with that Columbus tournament you and a few others mentioned.

Fizzle - Good games, sir. I'll get you next time :p
I might need to pick up a new character for these crappy matchups you force me to fight.

SoulPech: I think this was the worst I've ever played against you and it upset me. Congrats getting second; I definitely need to learn how to deal with puff better. Maybe next time we can play friendlies for a while :p

Master WGS: Dat Bowser. You really forced me to change how to play against you and it was a great set. Good seeing you around as always.

DBSammy: Good matches in bracket sir, super close. Good to see you got so far into the bracket, too. Always nice seeing ya.

Fumbles: Shout outs to the two Matts in Cinci being top 8 in PM. Good stuff overall, dawg.

Secret Boss: Good games in pools, man. Always fun and somewhat terrifying.

OLA: Good games sir; Ganon was probably the wrong choice for that first match ha.

Dr. X: I don't like seeing you out of top 8. We need to play more PM.

Ragu: Good **** in melee, kinda glad I didn't have to fight your Sheik in PM.

SneakyTako: Not a bad showing for the first time at a tournament since your hiatus. We missed you, man. :(

Rizner: Still the worst. (Play more)

Smash 4:

S2: It was a lot of fun teaming with you. If you're ever in need of a teammate I'm up for it, Luigi/Wario too stronk. Good stuff in singles, too.

Absol: Sorry you didn't make it out, man. Our pool matches were ridiculous.

KassandraNova: I couldn't beat Fumbles, I'm sorry. :(

Everyone else who I can't remember because I'm bad with names (of people I'm just meeting): Good games. Hopefully everyone will continue to come to tournaments when we have them. Good to see so many people coming lately.

Edit: Forgot Fizzle, lololol.
(Good seeing everyone)

Last edited:

The Hoff

Smash Rookie
Hoff for coming out to his first tournament. I noticed you never L-cancelled, which I would definitely recommend, as Snake has laggy aerials, and you can get combos off with them by using cancels (it's easier in P:M too since your character lights up). Also, you are (after the Zelda projectile changes) the best character at stage control. Abuse the mines. Keep doing those downsmash mine setups too. Good job though!

Hoff's friend (forget his tag) that did some G&W dittos with me.
Thank you for the tips! Yeah I was pretty lackluster in the tourney even if I reached 17th and made it out of bracket for PM, I'll work on my technique and overall play as much as possible. This is especially true in melee, where I played Sheik, which I also I just do bad and predictable stuff constantly. I will never stop practicing and all advice I get will be heard and implemented! Thank you really.

As for my friend who played G&W in PM he was Kellam and he played fox in Melee.

Kellam, Quinton and I, all attended our first tournament this day and it was so much fun, we all really enjoyed it and will continue to do our best and go to every smash event we can. (Though we want to, we can't make it to arcade on thursdays due to high school being early the next day, but any weekend day is pretty much good for us)

I'm excited for the 24th and this tournament series that is starting after it along with the other events that are sure to come. Thanks again to NinthWonder for these along with the other players I played against!

Huge shoutout to Brian Shannon for convincing a noob like me to come out to this and bring my friends along even if I suck.

Last edited:

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
ggz
bout to put in mad work in PM, 4, and Melee. Let's see where it goes. Hope cincy can keep up.

Top Bottom