• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cincinnati Smash Classic II Results

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Cincinnati Smash Classic II Results Thread
May 16, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio

Tournament Thread

Melee Singles (75)

CSCII Melee Singles Bracket
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Drephen
$160.00
2nd
Hanky Panky
$64.00
3rd
Fizzle
$44.80
4th
Rik
$28.80
5th
Jiano
$11.20
5th
Salt
$11.20
7th
Iggy Azalea
7th
Reeve
9th
Ragu
9th
Soul Pech
9th
Broverdose
9th
Ralis
13th
Fumbles
13th
Amida
13th
Animal
13th
goodin
17th
LuigigoShard
17th
Village Mascot
17th
Suidt
17th
Dunx
17th
Halfjack
17th
MrRavine
17th
DerfMidWest
17th
Otaku
25th
PAS
25th
Sneakytako
25th
K-TEL
25th
JTFS
25th
Gracen
25th
Ogie
25th
Team Nick
25th
Clef

PM Singles (53)

CSCII PM Singles Bracket
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Drephen
$192.00
2nd
Hanky Panky
$96.00
3rd
Fizzle
$32.00
4th
Sneakytako
5th
Village Mascot
5th
DRB | Juushichi
7th
Amida
7th
Papa
9th
Master WGS
9th
Soul Pech
9th
Fumbles
9th
Broverdose
13th
[Melee Hell] the tasteless gentleman
13th
Hoboz
13th
Snap
13th
Live
17th
Suidt
17th
MrRavine
17th
Halfjack
17th
Quincy
17th
Agent Guilt
17th
I-19
17th
Animal
17th
K-TEL
25th
Otaku
25th
PAS
25th
Silver
25th
Clef
25th
Gracen
25th
Quint
25th
jay
25th
Banana Steve

Melee Doubles (21 Teams)
1: Fizzle & Drephen
2: Soul Pech & Hanky Panky
3: Reeve & Jiano
4: Amida & Broverdose

PM Doubles (13 Teams)
1/2 (split): Soul Pech & Hanky Panky
1/2 (split): Fizzle & Drephen
3: Fumbles & Snap
4: Village Mascot & DRB | Juushichi​

All bracket and pools images

Interested in more smash in Ohio? Join the Facebook groups below:

Cincinnati - https://www.facebook.com/groups/cincysmash/
Columbus - https://www.facebook.com/groups/columbuspmbrawl
Dayton - https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashBrosDayton
Tristate - https://www.facebook.com/groups/KyInOhSmash

Last edited:

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Note to all, the top three in singles for both games was not played. The tournament ran late and the columbus players in top 3 opted for an uneven split, with Drephen at the top. In the future we will be taking steps to make sure the finals are played out by a more agreeable hour. :)

Overall I'd call the second installment of CSC to be an improvement over the first. Everybody was incredibly cooperative this time around. I only had to hand out three disqualifications, and only one pre-registered player didn't show without contacting me.

By the end of the event I could hardly walk, so I was very worried about there being messes once you all were gone, because I would have been in no position to help clean up anything major. Fortunately there was almost no trash left lying around.

So, let me express sincere thanks to all of you. You're the best. Except Rizner, of course, as he is, as we all know, the worst.

On a bit less positive note, though, it's been brought to my attention that post-loss salt was a major problem for a couple players. Live from Columbus in particular. Allegedly he threw his own controller hard enough to pull someone else's Wii off a table. I didn't see it myself, but I've had multiple people complain to me about it after the fact.

I just want to say that while I know that feel, we can't be breaking other people's stuff. It'd be better to not break anything at all, but if you must, make sure it's your own stuff only. And try to keep the comfort of other players in mind so like... yeah... avoid breaking things in general. That goes for everybody. For real.

I will take more drastic steps to avoid things like this happening in the future, if I have to. I'm pretty confident I won't though, cause again, you guys are the best.

Last edited:

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Yo I love this tournament series and will come back every time Project M or Melee is involved, even if it goes super late. Keep up the good work Doc.

NinthWonder

Smash Apprentice
Drowned in pools. Again. Weeeeeee.

Trying to figure out what to do better is difficult when I felt I did all I could. Oh well.

I was put into a ridiculously stacked pool so I have somewhat of an excuse.

Salt aside, shoutouts:

Mainly giving a shotout to redxparasite. You are so awesome man, we need to do these things more often. Also, if I enter Melee, we're doing a Kibry ditto money match.

Shoutout to the stream people for getting me on and Papa and Peppy for commentating. For the record, I didn't know the G&W force apparently multiplied overnight :p I can only hope you don't hate me.

Shoutout to JTFS for a solid challenge.

Shoutout to my gang of course, I swear if the chips align next time we'll get out of the dreaded pools.

Anyone else that talked to me or played friendlies with me or just had some sort of interaction, thanks for being chill as always. This was my sixth tournament and definitely not my last so hopefully you'll get used to seeing more of me once the summer break ensues.

The only complaint about the tournament was the lack of water, but that's mainly due to our own stupidity for not bringing any. You ran a good shift Steve.

it's Papa

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts to:

Dr.X for running everything, as usual. I think cutting down to one doubles event next time will definitely help get things done.

Team Nick and Peppy for co-commentating some round 2 PM pools matches with me, that was fun.

Everyone in my pool, I had fun playing you guys.

Agent Guilt for almost upsetting Suidt in pools; you played well. Sorry for bashing Luigi while we played, I have rage issues when it comes to that character.

PAS for scaring me in round 1 winners. I told you anyone in the venue could beat me if they played well before we sat down, and you seemed to take it to heart immediately, which I was glad to see. Keep up the good work and I bet you'll be a serious contender before long.

Hoboz for a ****ing intense set in bracket; good lord.

Tako for being a fun guy to hang around and play in general. I enjoyed out Dedede dittos and our bracket set.

Sorry for my general volume/salt level at this tournament; I was super in the zone.

Top Bottom