• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cincinnati Smash Classic - 3/23/15

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
Cincinnati Smash Classic Results Thread
March 23, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio

Tournament Thread

Melee Singles (60)
Cincinnati Smash Classic - Melee Singles Finals
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Drephen
$192.00
2nd
Jiano
$96.00
3rd
Souroush
$32.00
4th
Fizzle
5th
LuigigoShard
5th
FEAR
7th
Broverdose
7th
Soul Pech
9th
Fumbles
9th
Village Mascot
9th
Amida
9th
Salt
13th
megachuk
13th
Team Nick
13th
Toastbread
13th
Reeve
17th
KellyK
17th
Goodin
17th
Ragu
17th
Peppy
17th
Dr. Greenthumb
17th
Suidt
17th
mudkyp
17th
Halfjack
25th
Digitalism
25th
p00psc00p
25th
shockage
25th
snap
25th
Clef
25th
Crenshaw Pete
25th
TJDK
25th
Papa

PM Singles (53)
Cincinnati Smash Classic - Project M Singles Finals
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Drephen
$192.00
2nd
Fizzle
$96.00
3rd
Fumbles
$32.00
4th
Broverdose
5th
Soul Pech
5th
Master WGS
7th
Papa
7th
Halfjack
9th
tasteless gentleman
9th
Village Mascot
9th
Mister Eric
9th
Amida
13th
Rizner
13th
King of Hoboz
13th
mudkyp
13th
SneakyTako
17th
Suidt
17th
Snap
17th
K-TEL
17th
Silver
17th
Russy
17th
Hoff
17th
theleeryone
17th
Peppy
25th
KellyK
25th
AlfaStryke
25th
Clef
25th
Sephy
25th
Foxy
25th
Buck XI
25th
redxparasite
25th
Team Nick

Melee Doubles (19)
1: Fizzle & Drephen
2: FEAR & Megachuk
3: Amida & Broverdose
4: Jiano & Reeve

PM Doubles (16)
1: Fizzle & Drephen
2: Salt & Fumbles
3: Suidt & SneakyTako
4: Village Mascot & Rizner​

All bracket and pools images

Interested in more smash in the area? Join the Facebook groups below for up to date information on tournaments in the surrounding area.

Cincinnati - https://www.facebook.com/groups/cincysmash/
Columbus - https://www.facebook.com/groups/columbuspmbrawl
Dayton - https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashBrosDayton
Tristate - https://www.facebook.com/groups/KyInOhSmash

Last edited:

it's Papa

Smash Apprentice
Broke out of my 3 tournament streak of doing horrible at PM by only doing kinda bad at this and still winning $10. :colorful:

Shoutouts to everyone in my Melee and PM pools; had fun playing everyone.

Shoutouts to all the Cincinnati homies; always fun to hang out with you guys.

Shoutouts to tether mechanics for costing me a crucial game in PM winners; I forgive you.

Shoutouts to King of Hoboz for being a semi-secret boss; keep working on that Ike.

Shoutouts to Dr. X for running the tourney well; I loved the mini schedules lol.

Shoutouts to semicolons.

Village Mascot

Smash Rookie
Fun tournament.

Shout outs to getting super salty in PM after throwing the set away to Fumbles. I apologize for my reaction; definitely needed to just go away for a bit and cool down.

Shout outs to SoulPech picking up Marth just for me.

Shout outs to all the doubles matches.

Good to see some of the Kentucky guys coming up again. Hoboz, K-TEL, Broverdose, etc. Sorry I wasn't feeling up to eating at 1:00ish, I needed sleeeeeeep.

Overall had a lot of fun. I commentated a little bit which was entertaining, although I'm sure it was awful.

Hope we make the next one even bigger, and hopefully my secondary will be ready for everyone's melee characters.
Or maybe I'll find a better way to fight them with Lonk. Hopefully that's what happens :p

Last edited:

redxparasite

Smash Cadet
My biggest goal going forward for tourneys is to not get demoralized and underrate myself. I need to keep my focus and play it game to game, stock to stock, without worrying about the bigger picture. I started off strong early on, but lost energy and the will to play as the day went on.

I'm definitely improving though, and I need to keep that in mind. I definitely pulled off some crazy stuff that I wasn't expecting to. I just have to live for those moments.

Next tourney where there's a stream, I definitely want to get on commentary. I feel like that's where I could contribute the most to the community at the moment. I think I'd do best paired up with someone with a lot of game and matchup experience to supplement what I don't already know.

All in all, it was a ton of fun. And I look forward to seeing people again!

NinthWonder

Smash Apprentice
Got stuck in another tough pool. But hey, I still felt I did my best and did reasonably well. I took a lot of people to last stock but ended up failing in the end. Overall I think I did so much better at this than last time.

Shout outs to all of my peeps for coming up in my car. We all definitely improved!

Shout out to redxparasite for being a really chill and open guy. The Melee matches were pretty one-sided, but at least the ping-pong ones were more even.

Shout out to Snap. Best PM game ever man. I love G&W dittos! Thought I played against you well but you definitely were a step ahead.

Shout out to Mister Eric. Thought I had you this time! GGs as usual.

Shout out to Hoboz for being an awesome guy in general and apparently wrecking my friend with Ike.

I still sucked, but not as bad! :p

EDIT: Sorry to the guy I beat with Zelda in Melee, you were definitely better than me and I just gimmicked you hard. :c Also sorry to anyone else that expected good matches from me in Melee.

Last edited:

half_silver28

Smash Ace
really fun tournament, even though doubles took forever (shoutouts to losing Drephen). Wish I wouldn't have to wait 2 months for the next one : /

Drephen - jerk. But honestly thanks for being a chill guy and coming to Cincy tournaments (and taking all our money)

Fumbles - I don't believe I've ever played you in pools/bracket before. Really fun matches as always, and congrats on playing really well in both games

Amida - that is one legit Puff, you totally should've had Drephen in pools

Toastbread - Should've tried to get some games with you, next time I suppose

Team Nick - when did you start playing Zelda?! We have to mirror match now

Ragu - shrek is lyfe

Halfjack - fun matches in doubles, never thought I'd see 2 G&W teams face off

Peppy - fun games in melee, and thanks for making my attempt at commentary less terrible

Sudit - you don't just get chicken teriyaki without vegetables. Really fun doubles matches with you and Tako, Jiggs/Dedede is just 2strong

Snap - well we tried, but you just can't create team chemistry on the fly. But let's try out the Melee double Sheik sometime. Your PM Sheik is super legit though, I had a hard time dealing with her.

Papa - I totally didn't know about Ivysaur's new tricks in this game. The MU is way more fun without all the comboing into vine whip tho : p . Also your commentary is amazing.

Tasteless Gentleman - you and WGS really gave us a beating in doubles, didn't realize how brutal double Bowser could be. I had a lot of fun with our friendlies too, I'll be ready for the Koopa King next time

Mister Eric - you sure played well for just having picked the game back up. as always, you're a super cool guy and I really enjoy playing you (except in Smash 4)

Rizner - decide on a character already : l

Hoboz - wooooooooooooooow I got wrecked. My matches with you were close last time, props for putting in mad work on Ike. I watched your matches with Drephen after I got home, those were super hype too.

Hoff - you're getting a lot better with that Snake. Thanks for just being a chill guy and lightening the mood. I'm thinking that come next tournament we could team in PM and just lock the whole stage down with traps.

Alfastryke - thanks for being a beast on commentary

Sephy - we seriously got matched up 3 times? Anyway, nice matches. You should put in some work on your defense though, shielding and out of shield options and such.

Redxparasite - nice matches in pools. I can definitely relate to losing my energy as the day goes on, I felt I could've played better if stayed fresh. You're a good player, and can definitely get better with more experience.

Anyone I missed - you're awesome

Silver - shoutouts to being horrible at Melee

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
I am still so salty about having to drop out in both games, lol.

Amazingly ran though, I look forward to future tournaments :D

Last edited:

Suidt

Smash Rookie
I had fun. Me and Tako won money w/ DDD + Puff

Papa - had a great time playing you in pools

SoulPech - Thanks for saying I was not free in PM bracket

Everybody else I hope you had a good time.

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
Extremely disappointed in the way I played at this event. SO many minor things I messed up that I wish I could go back and fix. Probably the worst performance I've had in recent memory.

BTW PiBs, I played Sheik in Melee and Wario/Fox in PM.

Shoutouts to Snap for royally pissing me off in PM pools then SDing in our melee set. You are very good and I would like to play you again soon.

Shoutouts to Shiro for bringing the stream setup. Sorry I didn't feel like commentating much at the end of the day.

Shoutouts to Fizzle for getting knee'd by Jiano.

Shoutouts to negativity.

EDIT: This tournament was really well run, I should mention. Big ups to Dr. X for putting it together, and I'm hoping to see more like this event in the future from Cincy :)

Last edited:

Foxy_Grandpa

Smash Rookie
I finally made it into a bracket this time, ayyyy (it was because of no-shows, but I was still pretty excited about it lmao)

Hoboz - thanks so much for sitting with me for like an hour and giving me pointers on Ike! I actually noticed that I was playing better even later that day because of it. That was super chill! And thanks for the Louisville info, when I move back I'll definitely look into it :)

Toastybread - it was really nice meeting you! And watching you get hyped was one of the best things I saw all day haha

AlfaStryke - it was good to see you again! Watching you and Skiboots play together was so fun to watch.

And thanks to everyone else who I talked to and played friendlies with! These tournaments are always a lot of fun.

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
To Columbus: Thanks for the matches you all, especially Papa for the million friendlies. I haven't been able to play someone outright better than me for a really long time and it was rather revealing of what I need to focus on. Not letting you all push me into the corner so easily, and I'll be the one doing the 0-death-ing next time. You all will definitely see me at Shuffle and Smash'n'Splash!

To Cincinnati: Thanks for the tourney! If you all ever do anything earlier than May, let me know and I'll definitely show from now on. I'll figure out that Link match-up eventually, got to stop getting nair and bair'd out of things.

Foxy: No problem, us Ikes got to stick together. I actually admin the Ike Skype Group if you want tips from them.

TastelessGentlemen: Better work on that Boozer, we need another KY rep for him if it's not going to be me. Ike's rough, but I think that a lot of what did you in was my playstyle as Ike and match-up knowledge kind of screw Bowser over some. I use to main him after all, I know what he's weak to. : P

theleeryone

Smash Rookie
Shout outs to everyone who played friendlies with me; the help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

shockage

Smash Rookie
awesome event! glad i could come up to ohio to play my 2nd tournament, i'll definitely come around if more are hosted near cincinnati again. this is also the first tournament where i had to stay up past 10 or so competing, it's somewhat difficult. i can imagine what people at apex have to go through now lol. next time ill be prepared to withstand playing smash into the night.

hopefully, i can get more involved and known in the community around ohio. i had a good time.

Top Bottom