• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chun-Li Kicks the Competition for DLC 'work in progress'

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Maybe. We'll see whether or not in the hour.
If we think back to when Sakurai tweeted that screenshot with two clocks, and that the wii fit trainers' pose in the aforementioned screenshot resembles a T-pose, we might unpredicatably get Sakuya (Touhou) with Rumia (Touhou) as a mii costume instead of Chun-Li.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If we think back to when Sakurai tweeted that screenshot with two clocks, and that the wii fit trainers' pose in the aforementioned screenshot resembles a T-pose, we might unpredicatably get Sakuya (Touhou) with Rumia (Touhou) as a mii costume instead of Chun-Li.
Perhaps. But... It's starting. Welp, it's Pyra and Mythra.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think E3 is Chun-Li's time. But we'll have to wait until June to see how things pan out. I also think it's important to pay attention to Pyra/Mythra's Mii costume wave as if the Monster Honter and Rathalos Mii costumes return with them, that might not look good for Chun-Li's chances or any Capcom characters chances in general since they would most bring those two costumes back in a Capcom Challenger Pack if there was going to be one.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I think E3 is Chun-Li's time. But we'll have to wait until June to see how things pan out. I also think it's important to pay attention to Pyra/Mythra's Mii costume wave as if the Monster Honter and Rathalos Mii costumes return with them, that might not look good for Chun-Li's chances or any Capcom characters chances in general since they would most bring those two costumes back in a Capcom Challenger Pack if there was going to be one.
Maybe Chun-Li will get a mii costume if she doesn't make it in. I can see the Lloyd (Tales) mii costume returning too. When will Pyra and Mythra's gameplay be presented? Will it be next week?

Perhaps. But... It's starting. Welp, it's Pyra and Mythra.
Thank goodness we didn't get absolute Sakuya (Touhou), but considering Sakurai's aforementioned tweets, along with Shovel Knight being an assist trophy, there's still a possibility that Sakuya with a Rumia (Touhou) mii costume might occur.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Maybe Chun-Li will get a mii costume if she doesn't make it in. I can see the Lloyd (Tales) mii costume returning too. When will Pyra and Mythra's gameplay be presented? Will it be next week?
Possibly. But there's also the strange absence of Street Fighter Mii costumes outside of Gile which would fit right in Chun-Li's Challenger Pack.

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Possibly. But there's also the strange absence of Street Fighter Mii costumes outside of Gile which would fit right in Chun-Li's Challenger Pack.
Guile is currently an assist trophy, but not a mii costume. So will Pyra and Mythra be presented next week?

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I just checked and I think you were right. I somehow misremembered and thought Guile got a Mii costume in Smash 4. This makes the absence of Street Fighter Mii costumes in general even stranger now.
Well, the Megaman franchise got mii costumes, but it didn't get any additional playable characters as DLC in Smash 4 or Ultimate, so I think we might get some Street Fighter mii costumes in fighters pass 2. Probably not deluxe mii costumes. It was actually Jacky (Virtura Fighter) who got a mii costume instead.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well, the Megaman franchise got mii costumes, but it didn't get any additional playable characters as DLC in Smash 4 or Ultimate, so I think we might get some Street Fighter mii costumes in fighters pass 2. Probably not deluxe mii costumes. It was actually Jacky (Virtura Fighter) who got a mii costume instead.
True. But I think it would make sense to see these Street Fighter costumes in a Capcom Challenger Pack whether or not the playable character in the Challenger Pack is a Street Fighter rep or not.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
True. But I think it would make sense to see these Street Fighter costumes in a Capcom Challenger Pack whether or not the playable character in the Challenger Pack is a Street Fighter rep or not.
Speaking of Megaman, Megaman deserved to get in over Ryu, Ken, and Chun-li, for being more famous.

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Honestly, I would say Megaman, Ryu, Ken and Chun-Li are all on equal footing in terms of iconicness. They all deserve to be in Smash as fighters.
From what I know, with the exception of Sonic and Pacman, there are no other 3rd party primary reps, who are more famous than Megaman. And of course they all belong on the roster.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
From what I know, with the exception of Sonic and Pacman, there are no other 3rd party primary reps, who are more famous than Megaman. And of course they all belong on the roster.
Street Fighter as a franchise is bigger and has sold more copies than the Mega Man games. I would say at least Ryu is on Mega Man's level even if some people say Mega Man is more iconic.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Street Fighter as a franchise is bigger and has sold more copies than the Mega Man games. I would say at least Ryu is on Mega Man's level even if some people say Mega Man is more iconic.
Ryu, Ken, and Chun-Li may be more popular, but Megaman remains to be more famous. It's pretty much already been implied that Megaman trumps them.

Unfortunately, I doubt Chun-Li will get in for now, I predict the final 2 DLC fighters will be a Tecmo rep and an indie rep.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Ryu, Ken, and Chun-Li may be more popular, but Megaman remains to be more famous. It's pretty much already been implied that Megaman trumps them.

Unfortunately, I doubt Chun-Li will get in for now, I predict the final 2 DLC fighters will be a Tecmo rep and an indie rep.
I wouldn't mind that if the Indie rep is Shantae. What makes you think we are getting a Indie rep? I believe Shantae has a decent chance, but I'm not completely all sure she's likely.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind that if the Indie rep is Shantae. What makes you think we are getting a Indie rep? I believe Shantae has a decent chance, but I'm not completely all sure she's likely.
The reason why I predict we will be getting an indie rep and Tecmo rep is because Bomberman, Akira (Virtutra FIghter), Shovel Knight, and Yuri (Fatal Frame) are currently trapped in the assist trophy collection. Simon and Ren (Persona) became playable, both Bomberman and Simon are owned by Konami, and both Akira and Ren (Persona) are owned by Sega. Yuri is owned by Tecmo, and Shovel Knight is an indie rep.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The reason why I predict we will be getting an indie rep and Tecmo rep is because Bomberman, Akira (Virtutra FIghter), Shovel Knight, and Yuri (Fatal Frame) are currently trapped in the assist trophy collection. Simon and Ren (Persona) became playable, both Bomberman and Simon are owned by Konami, and both Akira and Ren (Persona) are owned by Sega. Yuri is owned by Tecmo, and Shovel Knight is an indie rep.
Maybe. But that isn't really a good indicator in determining a particular rep's chances.

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but Chun-Li is coming to Fortnite.
I think that's pretty neat, but do you guys think it will affect her chances of getting into Smash Bros?
I don't think so, but with two super wifus being announced I think it could hurt her chances, I don't think Sakurai will add another female. I hope he can do it but nintendo seems to prefer others options

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
What do you guys think of this track list idea?

If Chun-Li ends up DLC, I thik her music track should look something like this:

What’s your opinion on this list?

Pakky

Smash Hero
With the Fornite thing, it makes me think, that if she's not in Fighter's pass 2 she'll be in 3.

What has been said is true, she has been in everything but Smash. That has to change. Especially if a lot of guys getting added are those who missed the boat at an earlier date for Smash Ultimate.

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
With the Fornite thing, it makes me think, that if she's not in Fighter's pass 2 she'll be in 3.

What has been said is true, she has been in everything but Smash. That has to change. Especially if a lot of guys getting added are those who missed the boat at an earlier date for Smash Ultimate.
Is there even going to be a fighters pass 3? Sakurai has already officially confirmed that Fighters Pass 2 will be the final DLC unless we get any bonus surprise DLC.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Is there even going to be a fighters pass 3? Sakurai has already officially confirmed that Fighters Pass 2 will be the final DLC unless we get any bonus surprise DLC.
It hasn't been confirmed yet. I think it's unlikely Sakurai will confirm that or not in Pyra/Mythra's Presentation and will likely confirm it or not at E3 or in the last character Presentation if not at E3.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Keep in mind none of this ever leaked until the day before it was officially announced.
This was nowhere in the Capcom leak. So it stands to reason, that cross-over material is held with the holder of the project perhaps. Like Epic or Nintendo.

This is interesting

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Keep in mind none of this ever leaked until the day before it was officially announced.
This was nowhere in the Capcom leak. So it stands to reason, that cross-over material is held with the holder of the project perhaps. Like Epic or Nintendo.

This is interesting

Yeah. If Chun-Li is in Smash, it's more likely Sora Limited would have those documents or files about her inclusion than Capcom would so that way in can be more secretive.

Top Bottom