• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuDat-Style Edgehog --> Inhale. Is this legit?

trusty

Smash Apprentice
I watched a video of Chudat trolling and winning HARD in a PM tourney with Kirby. Basically he would go up a stock then hang on the ledge, wait for anyone to come near and kirbycide. Some sets he would grab on the edge between 50 and 100 times. Seriously! I know it's obnoxious and maybe illegal (I don't know about edge grab limits in PM) but does anyone else think this could be a legit strategy for DDD? And as a side, I'm having a crazy hard time nailing any pseudo DDcides and getting back on stage lol:dedede:

Smur

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4141-3292-3562
Wave-bouncing an inhale from the ledge works on stages where the ledge is sort of close to the blast zone (If you plan on dying as well). You might find yourself having to edgeguard on bigger stages if they mash out, but it's nothing too hard. I'd say it's a legit strat but there are ways around it. Usually you die since it's hard to mash out of DDD's inhale but that shouldn't matter if you have the stock lead.

I use this strategy to trade stocks when I'm at a way high percent.

trusty

Smash Apprentice
Cool thanks. Iv only played PM against a few of my friends and trading stocks or going up 2-1 has been the only time I've tried it. But I was worried if I was trying to recover wrong since most of the time I would cancel out of the up b and still be too laterally far off to edgehog if whoever I inhaled was too close by. I'm gonna quit trying to survive them then lol

Smur

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4141-3292-3562
Cool thanks. Iv only played PM against a few of my friends and trading stocks or going up 2-1 has been the only time I've tried it. But I was worried if I was trying to recover wrong since most of the time I would cancel out of the up b and still be too laterally far off to edgehog if whoever I inhaled was too close by. I'm gonna quit trying to survive them then lol
Never spit them out. Just mash jump while they're in your belly and hope for the best.

Top Bottom