• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
http://i.imgur.com/FZ5riMj.jpg

Ignore all my ****, but help me with space management here. I want to fit a small CRT television (not pictured because I'm an idiot, it's about as wide/long as the smaller monitor is tall). I use the small monitor as my second monitor and it's where I do all my YouTube and anime watching on and the bigger TV is basically only hooked up to my Wii U which I never use except for right now since I'm playing Wind Waker. If I hooked up the CRT somewhere, that Wii is going away and my GCN is replacing it.

Halp

OgiEthan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
OgiEthan
3DS FC
2766-9108-2825
Hiiiiii, is this the appropriate place to seek advice for matchups? I've always had R.O.B. as a secondary, and have always been in love with him, but I've decided to make him my main as of a few months ago. I'm trying to get some help in the wario matchup :?

Spin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
spinpai
I wish I had advice about the Wario match up, the only Wario I've ever played is Krystedez, and he is really good, so I always got bodied by him. Congrats on becoming a robot though

Heartstring

Smash Legend
wario matchup? It's hard IMO. it's all about spacing but our usual spacing tool (Ftilt) isn't particularly good in this MU.

Honestly I just hate wario as a whole, ****s me up royally lol

OgiEthan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
OgiEthan
3DS FC
2766-9108-2825
God same here. I used to use pit against him and pit's crappy killing abilities made it impossibru. Then I switched to ROB and despite the (I'd say pretty good) killing arsenal we have, it still takes so long to kill that **** of a character.

OgiEthan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
OgiEthan
3DS FC
2766-9108-2825
#wewantwario

....dead

:rob::rob::rob::rob::rob::rob::rob:

And also, anybody have any personal preferences for stages against wario?

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I'm still here.

Sudai's pretty much retired from Brawl ROB, he only plays P:M Ivy now. Sorry he couldn't give Wario advice; he's been out of the Brawl metagame for a while and his advice would be outdated for current play.

I, well, still only play Pikachu. And Charizard as secondary in P:M. XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I'm still here, still maining ike.

I'm also now a pro wrestler, only a few months away from debut time. but the gym is killing me, struggling to do anything with the various aches working out gives you

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I finally graduated college after 6.5 yrs (changed my major too much lol) and thought I wouldn't be getting a job but I lucked out. Now about to be a software engineer and moving to Cincinnati, Ohio in August. I still play Brawl tournaments but I don't practice like I used to. In some ways I wish I did, but I would feel a lot more motivated if I lived on the east coast where the game is a bit more popular. Cincinnati mainly play pm so I will be transitioning to that very soon and hope to advance the ROB metagame for it. But who knows, maybe I'm not cut out for PM. We'll have to see. I know the guy that asked the question above, so if he needs advice still, I'll help him with it in person. I miss when we were more active. I miss a lot of things tho.

QUESTION
How are you all feeling about smash 4?

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I'm feeling it's gonna be awesome.

They gave a lot of buffs to Pika so he's definitely A-B tier it seems.

Long term I'm not sure. It's got Melee-like gravity but some floatiness from Brawl, so there's a different atmosphere about it, but I believe it's going to surpass Brawl. As far as long term preferential events, I see it being equal or so to 64.

Congrats on finishing school and getting that job, btw! :D:D

Last edited:

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Thanks! I am super stoked for Smash 4. Simply because of nostalgic reasons. It's going to be hella nice seeing the scene come together again with a new game. The best time of my smash career was right when Brawl came out. It's going to be amazing. Just...no ROB :( Might end up playing Roslina. Not sure yet tho.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Brawl's LESS popular in Ohio than on the East Coast? I don't think MD/VA has had a Brawl tournament in like 6 months, and it's getting like a third of the attendance of the other smash games at East Coast nationals.

T0MMY

Smash Master
So my life has finally been getting back on track. FYI: I've suffered some major neurological problems due to mycotoxins and I am not sure how close I was to actually dying but there were a few nights I thought I was not going to wake up in the morning and/or wouldn't have minded if that were the case due to pain/misery.
Just about a month or two ago I had to dispose of everything I owned, not just clothing/bedding which included my Wii and controllers so I have not been playing Smash much the past year, which really puts things in perspective considering I would play with people despite my vision, hearing, and thoughts all being rather severely impaired.

I currently sleep on the floor with no pillow, just a simple $2 sheet (I go through a new blanket every month so I can't afford much more than that), and don't have much more than a single set of clothes... BUT I finally have enough basics again that I saved up for a Wii and can play Smash again. I am not feeling my best, but I don't feel like I am going to pass out while playing Smash... I only did that for a Castlevania game recently (too much vertical movement of the screen?)

So back to playing R.O.B.!

But won't be around here much since I don't have computer/internet I can use.
Just wanted to drop by and let everyone know what's been up with me the past few years and that I am doing much better.
I am no longer a true R.O.B. main as I had to sell all my R.O.B.s to a local game store.
Looking to go back to my Pokemon roots for Smash 4 and play Greninja. But who knows what characters will be revealed (Pac-man for fun!)
Hope everyone is doing well since last I dropped by. ([ ^ ^]

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Thanks for the heads up, t0mmy. I'm sorry to hear about this whole situation and how out of control it has gotten. But I'm glad things are finally turning around. Please keep us updated, and I am looking very forward to seeing you competing in Sm4sh.

Top Bottom