• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chrom's sword isn't balanced?

BradenAllanNet

Smash Rookie
I was using Chrom in training mode, and I had Bowser Jr. as the opponent set. Maybe it's just a Bowser Jr. mechanic, but upon doing D-throw to F-throw, the Smash attack did around 21%. When I did Pummel, D-throw, f-smash, the smash attack only did 19%. It was also happening with utilt, 11% and 14%, and dash attack, 12% and 16%.
UPDATE: It may be an RNG type mechanic, or combo mechanic. I did 3 dash attacks in a row, and on the third I got 16%. I tried performing this again with Mario and nothing happened. I'll try with Lucina since her sword is balanced too.
Update 2: Lucina does the same thing. 11% is the normal dash attack against Bowser Jr. but her third one does 15%. However, her dash attack usually doesn't do 11.5%.

Final Update: I'm an idiot. I was in the Lucina discord and found out you do less dmg against his cart.

Last edited:

CbM_

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1723-7582-5511
isnt this just staling?
and also aerials out of shorthops do less damage and in combos moves do less damage than only using the move i guess

Top Bottom