• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chrom Matchup Advice?

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
My school's been having a mini tourney that got moved to finish on Wednesday. My next opponent is a decent Chrom player, is there anything I should know going in?

King9999

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmking9999
3DS FC
2105-8754-7747
Switch FC
2722-8799-3295
Ganon doesn't like swords, so you'll have to play patient. Once you get Chrom off stage, you can exploit his up B recovery with a side smash or Warlock Punch.

D

Deleted member

Ganon doesn't like swords, so you'll have to play patient. Once you get Chrom off stage, you can exploit his up B recovery with a side smash or Warlock Punch.
How is side smash or Warlock punch going it do anything to Chroms recovery

D

Deleted member

You know how when Chrom does his up B and he "peeks" over the ledge? You can hit him.
I mean ya but there are a lot of more efficient ways to gimp him and it would take a stupid lucky guess to predict the 1 frame hit with such laggy moves

King9999

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmking9999
3DS FC
2105-8754-7747
Switch FC
2722-8799-3295
I mean ya but there are a lot of more efficient ways to gimp him and it would take a stupid lucky guess to predict the 1 frame hit with such laggy moves
1 frame? I'm not sure if you understand what I'm talking about.

Tsant

Smash Rookie
All im saying is there are much more effective ways to gimp Chrom
Care to elaborate?

I haven't used Warlock Punch to edgeguard much, so I can't speak for that, but Fsmash (or a Usmash performed facing away from the edge) is a pretty safe and effective way to deal with Chrom's and Ike's recoveries. Of course it takes proper timing, but that's kinda par for the course when playing, like, any character at all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom