• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Singing for Paradise Chorus Kids for Smash

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
hey all ive taken over the chorus kids thread so then

The chorus kids are a trio of characters from the rhythm paradise/heaven series. debuting in rhythm paradise on the ds the kids were the stars of the game glee club where you controlled one of them a tried to sing in time. with the charming character design and unforgettable voices they made there way into the hearts of many a gamer. after a small cameo in beat the beat they came back with two versions of their mini game in megamix.

rhythm paradise may not be one of nintendo's best known series but i believe it has enough to have a character in the smash line up. in fact datamining in smash 4 discovered info of a rhythm paradise series symbol amongst the character ones suggesting some one may have been considered. now many believe it was the chorus kids (see gematsu) but we have no way of knowing for sure. yet sakurai is not against revisiting some ideas.

so with the idea of rhythm based gameplay and if need be borrowing from the many wonderful characters of the franchise the chorus kids have vast potential so please share any ideas you have.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I support any Rhythm Heaven character at this rate. The Chorus Kids are no exception.

Let's see if they will be lucky this time.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Absolutely yes. Rhythm Heaven, like Animal Crossing, is way overdue for big representation, and these guys are my top pick. Maybe Karate Joe is a runner-up, but it’s really them or nothing.

Also, that gif moveset is amazing. Kudos to whoever did it.

Last edited:

AvionFinch

Smash Cadet
Was wondering when someone would make this. You pretty much nailed a lot of the points I would make about these guys. Definitely one of my top most wanted characters.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'll give support! I think the gematsu leak was real and they just got cut due to technical limitations. I think its pretty likely Chorus kids or any RH character based on what we know from the rumor.

NastCF

Smash Apprentice
I wholeheartedly support. Rhythm Heaven is a fantastic franchise that deserves to be in Smash Bros. in a major capacity.
That said, I wasn't originally too keen on the idea of the Chorus Kids in particular, but seeing the moveset suggestions in the OP has changed my mind, haha.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
I wanted Chorus Kids before.

But after that gif moveset I really want Chorus Kids.

StormC

Smash Hero
I too like the .GIF. Three kids feels really unwieldly, but a single one like that animation seems like it would be really nice.

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
If Chorus Kids got into Smash, they'd only need one move. Upon pressing any button - "Go for a Perfect!" I don't know about you guys, but that would give me nightmarish flashbacks immediately, and would work nicely as an instant KO move.

Joking aside, I'd love to see them in Smash! They definitely deserve it, and I personally don't think there's a better character to represent Rhythm Heaven. I already thought that they had a good chance of appearing in 5, but I completely forgot that there was a Rhythm Heaven icon in the game files of Smash 4, too, so it seems like there's a really good chance! I like the idea of you playing as a single Chorus Kid, and then the other two pop out for attacks as necessary.

Sign me up for the supporter list!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Let me say that I am here to support my three good bois.

They are definitely Smash material and I hope they are lucky to join.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You’re in luck I just came back the day the thread was made, cause I’m a supporter. This trio could be really fun, singing together as a triple team in unison, and using various different moves from across the Rhythm Heaven series!

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
I fully support trio of adorable guys! Rhythm heaven is probably my favorite nintendo series not currently in smash. And just think of the stage that could be brought is as well and the music. I'm getting hyped just thinking about it!

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
I definitely support these guys!

They are the most qualified characters for smash bros and would create a lot of fans of them!

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
Really, based on game sales and how many games there are in the series, Rhythm Heaven is long overdue for a character and stage. Chorus Kids are probably my favorite choice for Smash. I support!

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
i'm a fan of any rhythm heaven reprisentation in smash, and although i'd perfer Tibby, Karate Joe, or Miss Rhythm to be the rhythm heaven character, i'll still support the Chorus Kids

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I think chrous kids are the best fit for rhythm heaven representation.

I find them overall adorable and I feel like with the three of them they can amplify the rhyhtm aspect. I feel like other characters come with potential flaws. Like I feel Karate joe would just have to come with a moveset with a heavy emphasis on karate. And someone like that rhyhtm girl isn't an interesting looking character.

As for chances, I also believe in the gematsu leak, so I feel that really helps them. Also Rhythm heaven megamix was released at the perfect time. 2015 for Japan and 2016 for NA. So the perfect time for Sakurai's project plan.

But I especially want the chorus kids because due to them I got into the rhythm heaven series. I got interested in them so I looked into the games and I ended up getting megamix. So I was pretty disappointed when they ended up not being in the game.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
While they are not my favourite Rhythm Heaven choice, they are still Rhythm Heaven!

What I do like about this addition though, is the three in one combo packgage, and the fact that they represent rhythm moves in general. I support.

Anything Rhythm Heaven related is something I'd love to support.

Edit: Also want to note that this was my 1000th post on Smashboards. Hope it brings luck or something.

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
It's either them or Tibby
and what 3DS limits stopped them?

NessSaysOkay

Smash Apprentice
Well I would prefer Tibby, the thing I really want is just a Rhythm Heaven Rep, who it is doesen't matter much to me

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
It's either them or Tibby
and what 3DS limits stopped them?
It's never been explicitally stated that the 3DS had anything to do with their exclusion. However, they could operate as a trio, similar to the Ice Climbers being a duo. Sakurai said that the Ice Climbers worked on the Wii U, but were cut since they didn't work on 3DS, so it's easy to assume that a trio would have that same issue.

Switch doesn't have that limitation, so they should be OK!

Staarih

Smash Master
Here to support as well! It's about time Rhythm Heaven gets major representation in Smash, the series has been successful enough to warrant a playable character. While I'm happy with about any character, I do find myself enjoying the idea of Chorus Kids the most, and I've got the Gematsu leak to thank (or blame? lol) for that. Hopefully they do get in this time around.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
It's never been explicitally stated that the 3DS had anything to do with their exclusion. However, they could operate as a trio, similar to the Ice Climbers being a duo. Sakurai said that the Ice Climbers worked on the Wii U, but were cut since they didn't work on 3DS, so it's easy to assume that a trio would have that same issue.

Switch doesn't have that limitation, so they should be OK!
I don’t think they were ever intended to work as a trio in the same vien as the Ice Climbers
I’d think it would look like you were playing as one unti you started to attack, then the other two would appear with each button press, extending attack reach and power

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
I don’t think they were ever intended to work as a trio in the same vien as the Ice Climbers
I’d think it would look like you were playing as one unti you started to attack, then the other two would appear with each button press, extending attack reach and power
Sure, but the possibility of them operating as a trio is why some people guess that the 3DS may have held them back.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I think the 3ds was holding the Chorus Kids back from appearing in Smash 4. There were files found ingame for a RH character and there was the whole Gematsu leak with them which is assuming to be an older version of the roster because it had Chrom who Sakurai later replaced with Robin because he was more unique.

sman3579

Smash Cadet
For me it's a toss up between Chorus Kids and Karate Joe. I'd be fine with either one personally. I feel like the Chorus Kids would have the potentially more unique move set though, and they are arguably more recognizable than Karate Joe. I'd take either one though, so I support.

Last edited:

Jonofunu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jonofunu
3DS FC
0516-7588-9474
I love to support them, if they're cute. I found another same Kimmotman'second moveset (spoiler).
They become the human pyramid shape, where the artwork of rhythm heaven megamix comes out.

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
This has just gotta be their time. I still believe.

But hey, I'll take any Rhythm Heaven rep at this point. I love all the concepts for a RH fighter being thrown around and I believe that any mixture of them could make for an incredibly fun and unique character.

Jonofunu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jonofunu
3DS FC
0516-7588-9474
I'm going to talk about the Rhythm Heaven franchise sales lists.
Here look these started from 2006 to 2016.

Rhythm Tengoku GBA
Rhythm Tengoku is the first game in the series, released on the GBA though exclusive to Japan. Sales started slowly with only 37,473 in launch week. However, sales stayed consistent that by mid-December 2006, the game had already sold 0.30 million copies.

Rhythm Heaven DS (Tengoku Gold)
Rhythm Heaven is the Nintendo DS video game and it has done astonishingly well. As of December 2008, the game has only been released in Japan and has gone on to sell a whopping 1,200,000 copies. Nintendo plans to release the game worldwide in 2009. On its first week on sale, the game managed to surpass the 200,000 mark and continued to remain at a healthy position in the charts for months. The following two weeks after its launch it continued to have sales of well over 100,000 copies sold. The game sold a total of 3.12 million with its worldwide release.

Rhythm Heaven Fever WII
It was the first console entry. Though it altogether failed to surpass 1 million, the game performed well in Japan, selling 654,403 in a total of 0.89 million copies in Japan, because NA is less the sales charts over Super Mario Bros. is higher since 2012.

Rhythm Heaven Megamix 3DS (The Best Plus)
The game debuted at No. 1 in Japanese charts maintained by Media Create, recording 158,000 copies sold in its first week of release. As of 26 February 2016, total Japanese sales reached 650.000 copies. It sold is total of 0.80 million copies between Japan and Europe except for NA.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You know what I want to see from the Chorus Kids?

A taunt where the Chorus Kids will sing based on your button commands.

Like for example, holding the up taunt will active the "chorus". While it's active, button inputs will effect the Chorus Kids. Holding Y will make Kid #1 sing, holding B will make Kid #2, and holding A will make Kid #3 sing. Each of the kids sings at a different pitch. Holding the shield will cause them to sing at a higher pitch, while pressing X makes them all shout simultaneously.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Smash needs more characters like these so sign me up.

I'd really be fine with anyone from Rhythm Heaven but these guys would just look the funniest.

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
As much as I want a rep from Rhythm Heaven, my favorite rhythm game series, I really don't want the Chorus Kids in Smash. I just hate their rhythm game so much. It's slow, boring, and not fun at all. I just find it weird that despite the plethora of characters from the series the one that caught the eyes of Mr. Sakurai last time were the Chorus Kids.

If they do join Smash I'll be upset but Ill also be glad the Rhythm Heaven finally got a character in Smash.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'll throw my hat into the ring. Whether it's the C-Kids or some other RH character, it's my most-wanted franchise.

Ultra*HappyCharge

Smash Apprentice
I was very much disappointed during those times where it was very much confirmed these kids won't be coming to Smash 4. But with the Switch version presumably having no 3DS counterpart now, I'll be getting my hopes up again and will still cross fingers until launch day XD

The quirky moveset possibilities are endless. From the rhythm-based moves to it's trio aspect, it's just too wacky and random and that's a major plus for me. Also, I would be very much delighted if the game would include Dreams of our Generation, whether it's a remix or perhaps in a Night Walk-inspired Final Smash for these guys.

Top Bottom