• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Singing for Paradise Chorus Kids for Smash

LH LH

Smash Cadet
You can add me to the support thread because rhythm heaven got screwed in the same vain that chibi robo did. I have a question, will the chorus kids work like ice climbers, be sat on top of eachother or will the other 2 kids pop out when certain moves are activated?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If there is anyone that wants to take over the support thread of this character, please let me know.

I am planning my departure from the speculation scene for good in pursuit of accomplishing my dream job and goal.

I am leaving sometime in late March or early April.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If there is anyone that wants to take over the support thread of this character, please let me know.

I am planning my departure from the speculation scene for good in pursuit of accomplishing my dream job and goal.

I am leaving sometime in late March or early April.
ill do it, think i ran the thread last time around

HaunterSpencer

Smash Cadet
NNID
HaunterSpencer
3DS FC
3583-3585-6107
Hey hey, have you heard of the datamine stuff pointing out 15 more slots for characters?
If my assumption is correct, there will be 3 seasons of character passes with 5 characters each similar to how Street Fighter and Tekken does it nowadays.
Maybe if the first one features Third Party Characters, The next one might focus on Nintendo Characters and possibly "promoting" some assist trophies/spirits (looking at Shantae, Chorus Kids, and Isaac >.>), then the final one will be another smash ballot (?)

If we will get 15 more characters, there is still hope. But then again Im conflicted by this because I really want Sakurai to take a break :( but then again he is an admitted workaholic and doesn't like taking breaks soooo... :/

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Hey hey, have you heard of the datamine stuff pointing out 15 more slots for characters?
If my assumption is correct, there will be 3 seasons of character passes with 5 characters each similar to how Street Fighter and Tekken does it nowadays.
Maybe if the first one features Third Party Characters, The next one might focus on Nintendo Characters and possibly "promoting" some assist trophies/spirits (looking at Shantae, Chorus Kids, and Isaac >.>), then the final one will be another smash ballot (?)

If we will get 15 more characters, there is still hope. But then again Im conflicted by this because I really want Sakurai to take a break :( but then again he is an admitted workaholic and doesn't like taking breaks soooo... :/
well shantae would be in the first one not the second one

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Hey, I'm posting this because I think this might be interesting. https://www.reddit.com/r/rhythmheav...om_tsunku_himself_record_producer_songwriter/

On the sad part, I think this confirm that no RH is in development right now. At least we have hope for future installment. I feel like Chorus kid (or RH character in general) could be in DLC if there's a second season pass.
What, JUST because there isn't currently plans for a RH game in development doesn't mean that one of the DLC characters being from the franchise is entirely off the table, just less likely because of promotability... Right?

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
I’ve actually noticed a spike in interest for Rhythm Heaven due to that Smash video which made other custom remixes become even more popular online. It even got the attention of the Japanese and Tsunku, surely Nintendo would have noticed the people’s love for this series so I’m not gonna give up hope! It seems that way more people are interested Rhythm Heaven now more than ever.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Do you think if they do start making a Rhythm Paradise 5 for Switch, they could put in a promotional DLC character? This is of course assuming there's DLC beyond the planned five we know we're getting. Although even then, games actually COMING OUT might have been a bit late for the Fighters Pass... Although it could be some promotion for the franchise before/whilst they're working on a new game!

Seriously, if there got to be a RP5 alongside a promotional DLC fighter, they can add in another FE or Pokémon character for all I care.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Do you think if they do start making a Rhythm Paradise 5 for Switch, they could put in a promotional DLC character? This is of course assuming there's DLC beyond the planned five we know we're getting. Although even then, games actually COMING OUT might have been a bit late for the Fighters Pass... Although it could be some promotion for the franchise before/whilst they're working on a new game!

Seriously, if there got to be a RP5 alongside a promotional DLC fighter, they can add in another FE or Pokémon character for all I care.
i dont see why not, although we dont usually get promotional characters

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I just wanna say to all the Chorus Kids supporters...

Thanks for discussing CK with me. There were many times in this thread where I greatly enjoyed my time with talking to RH fans like Munomario777 Munomario777 , potato69 potato69 , Misery Brick Misery Brick , noise r us noise r us , Jonofunu Jonofunu , HaunterSpencer HaunterSpencer , TreeBranch TreeBranch , and many others.

You guys made discussing Chorus Kids so fun. I will cherish the memories I had here.

I still feel disappointed that the trio are still not in, but I am crossing my fingers that they get in as DLC, even if the chance is super miniscule at this point.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Thanks for discussing CK with me. There were many times in this thread where I greatly enjoyed my time with talking to RH fans like Munomario777 Munomario777 , potato69 potato69 , Misery Brick Misery Brick , noise r us noise r us , Jonofunu Jonofunu , HaunterSpencer HaunterSpencer , TreeBranch TreeBranch , and many others.

You guys made discussing Chorus Kids so fun. I will cherish the memories I had here.

I still feel disappointed that the trio are still not in, but I am crossing my fingers that they get in as DLC, even if the chance is super miniscule at this point.
and thank you for the same

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think they are on the stronger chance of Nintendo owned characters.
New series?
Prior consideration?
Japanese loved?
Unique playstyle?
Ouch. My boxes are filled.

HaunterSpencer

Smash Cadet
NNID
HaunterSpencer
3DS FC
3583-3585-6107

Yeah kinda sad that Chorus Kids has a super slim chance of being DLC, but the again Im still holding on to that "15 Roster of DLC" datamine that has been reported. I mean they are doing DLC Passes, I assume we will have different seasonal passes...... Till then i will await for a new RH game, (even Tsunku is interested) and maybe draw fanarts. Also Tsunku's songs in Smash (I mean come on I need that Lonely Storm on my Smash playlist)

so long friend tnx for sum good discussions, especially that Im still relatively new here~

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I definiltely have Rhythm Heaven on my short list of new Nintendo Worlds.

Though I cannot forget Balloon Fighter, ARMS, Chibi Robo, nor Golden Sun.

D

Deleted member

Sign me up for the support list please! I'd love to see a Rhythm Heaven rep make it in and Chorus Kids seem to be the best choice for that as they may have been planned back in Smash 4 and I would love for that to come full circle and for them to make their playable debut.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Aw don't be that way, there's always a chance! Plus no way the Chorus Kids get turned into Mii Fighter Costumes, I can't see that working in any way.
i dunno theyve made a few mii fighter costumes that shouldnt have worked

Sign me up for the support list please! I'd love to see a Rhythm Heaven rep make it in and Chorus Kids seem to be the best choice for that as they may have been planned back in Smash 4 and I would love for that to come full circle and for them to make their playable debut.
done, welcome aboard

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Now that I'm thinking about it, Rhythm heaven is basically the only "big" Nintendo franchises with no mii costumes. Even Chibi robo, Golden sun and Arms end up having one. Sure Chorus kids would make a weird mii costumes but if they really wanted, Karate joe could have been a Mii costumes.

I still think Rhythm heaven rep. is not going to happen at this point because I doubt we will have first party dlc at this point and even if we do, it will probably be more Fire emblem, Mario or Pokémon.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
So, with Byleth being a 1st party character added as DLC, what do you all think of Rhythm Heaven's chances now?

Jeremy Smasher

Smash Cadet
Soooo something I noticed regarding Rhythm Heaven as a character for FP2.

The second set of DLC was said to be finalised by November because that's when Byleth's thing was shot where they said the DLC has already been picked. But IDK if it could have been long before that date when the finalisation was first made if (according to Opossum and others, apparently) negotiations for Banjo were at April of the year FP1 was coincidentally also said to be finalised by November.
https://smashboards.com/threads/soc...ur-eternal-doom.484266/page-624#post-23421220

Looking at Tsunku's tweets, he talks about being hypothetically up to do a Rhythm Heaven Switch game in March - maybe May 2019
“Oh. If there’s everyone perhaps I’d do it. RT @sayurianeki: Tsunku, could you please make Rhythm Heaven for Switch?”
(IDK proper translation but according to Google translate: "Thank you very much. I'll do my best to be connected next! What was innovative about RT “Rhythm Heaven”? Tsunku ♂ New “sound game” form (real sound)-Yahoo! News https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/article?a=20190507-00010004-realsound-ent
@YahooNewsTopics")

So that's a 6-8 month period for Tsunku to hypothetically introduce/see introduced and be a part of a new Rhythm Heaven game (or at least a much easier "collection" rerelease of the games or something) in which they'd also pick it to be promoted as DLC for Smash FP2. And maybe the sentiment of wanting to bring more 3DS franchises to Switch was having its seeds planted before its mention alongside the Switch Lite's success in Halloween 2019, which was right before they filmed the Byleth thing.
BUT SO if there's negotiations needed to be made for third parties LONG in advance, would a first party character also need to be set in stone alongside those, assuming it wasn't merely "slot for a first party here, decide later" or something? Would Nintendo have just plotted at least a good idea of the plan of how Fighter's Pass 2 was going to go before this hypothetical new Rhythm Heaven thing was brought up, EVEN if it was within the aforementioned 6-8 month period?
https://smashboards.com/threads/newcomer-dlc-speculation-discussion.453424/page-338#post-23455293

If so, this mean Rhythm Heaven didn't have a new game/rerelease to ride on chances with in terms of being in FP2, not making it impossible though...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Soooo something I noticed regarding Rhythm Heaven as a character for FP2.

The second set of DLC was said to be finalised by November because that's when Byleth's thing was shot where they said the DLC has already been picked. But IDK if it could have been long before that date when the finalisation was first made if (according to Opossum and others, apparently) negotiations for Banjo were at April of the year FP1 was coincidentally also said to be finalised by November.
https://smashboards.com/threads/soc...ur-eternal-doom.484266/page-624#post-23421220

Looking at Tsunku's tweets, he talks about being hypothetically up to do a Rhythm Heaven Switch game in March - maybe May 2019
“Oh. If there’s everyone perhaps I’d do it. RT @sayurianeki: Tsunku, could you please make Rhythm Heaven for Switch?”
(IDK proper translation but according to Google translate: "Thank you very much. I'll do my best to be connected next! What was innovative about RT “Rhythm Heaven”? Tsunku ♂ New “sound game” form (real sound)-Yahoo! News https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/article?a=20190507-00010004-realsound-ent
@YahooNewsTopics")

So that's a 6-8 month period for Tsunku to hypothetically introduce/see introduced and be a part of a new Rhythm Heaven game (or at least a much easier "collection" rerelease of the games or something) in which they'd also pick it to be promoted as DLC for Smash FP2. And maybe the sentiment of wanting to bring more 3DS franchises to Switch was having its seeds planted before its mention alongside the Switch Lite's success in Halloween 2019, which was right before they filmed the Byleth thing.
BUT SO if there's negotiations needed to be made for third parties LONG in advance, would a first party character also need to be set in stone alongside those, assuming it wasn't merely "slot for a first party here, decide later" or something? Would Nintendo have just plotted at least a good idea of the plan of how Fighter's Pass 2 was going to go before this hypothetical new Rhythm Heaven thing was brought up, EVEN if it was within the aforementioned 6-8 month period?
https://smashboards.com/threads/newcomer-dlc-speculation-discussion.453424/page-338#post-23455293

If so, this mean Rhythm Heaven didn't have a new game/rerelease to ride on chances with in terms of being in FP2, not making it impossible though...
you may be over thinking it just a little

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Sorry for double post but with the first character of the pass being first party (and not a promotional pick), I wonder if Rhythm heaven have chances now. Arms already have an assist trophy and a bunch of spirits, so I guess they could do something with Rhythm heaven even if it has already some representation.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Sorry for double post but with the first character of the pass being first party (and not a promotional pick), I wonder if Rhythm heaven have chances now. Arms already have an assist trophy and a bunch of spirits, so I guess they could do something with Rhythm heaven even if it has already some representation.
i suppose its possible, but im gonna keep my hopes in check

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
I can only see it happening if a RH game is coming out for the Switch in 2020 or 2021. I really hope so though, I love new series represented, ARMS was one of them, but RH is my most wanted since Smash 4.

NessSaysOkay

Smash Apprentice
Boy its been a while. ('m gonna post this piece in various other RH threads, sorry) Hope is at an all time low and I'm not like super hopeful but... we can't give up completely can we? I mean Arms was "presumed dead" and then... yeah. There are 2 ways to look at its inclusion, one of which hurts us, but one helps. It's inclusion right after Byleth makes me very much think we'll get at least 1 more first party fighter, quite possibly 2 maybe even 3 (especially since its been ages since anything leaked for smash, though I can't see less then at least 2 third party fighters) but if Arms was added purely for promotion then... we might be a bit screwed. Yes Megamix was only 2 years before Arms but... Arms is on the switch is the big deal to me. However... Arms has another aspect. In interviews Sakurai said Arms was considered for the base roster but didn't make the cut due to timing. As for DLC he said the Arms team requested it. Revisiting old ideas... requests... must I say more? Requests might not be as obvious but if Tsunku is asking us to make our voices heard for a new Rhythm Heaven then... he'd ask... right? Not to mention he literally retweeted a Rhythm Heaven in Smash animation right before asking one of those times. Honestly, when I actually sit down and think about everything... it seems very much plausible... but that optimism quickly fades. There's plenty against it of course, I won't talk about that here since I'm sure you all are aware. All we can do is hope. Lastly I'd like to make a double plug of sorts. While I do not own this account entirely, the owner (Jomspoons, the guy who made the Karate Joe thread) gave me tweetdeck access a while ago. The account kinda died but I've decided to revive it, check it out maybe? https://twitter.com/RH4Smash you may notice the most recent retweet is from my personal. RH in smash history documentary maybe? It'd likely be at least 25 minutes, frankly could be an hour but I'll try to be reasonable. Keep your rhythm up!

Top Bottom