• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Singing for Paradise Chorus Kids for Smash

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Add me as a supporter, I love these little guys.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hopefully, the Switch doesn't have any limitations, so these cute little guys will be in the clear for Smash!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I would like to note something very interesting. Sakurai had made an entire move-set for Greninja in one night when the Pokemon Company sent him some Pokemon to look at based on here:

https://mynintendonews.com/2014/12/...he-inclusion-of-greninja-in-super-smash-bros/

ND: When not you are not developing and there is a new title or character released, you are not thinking about “How about that one in the next Smash Bros?”, right?

MS: Absolutely not! I’m always thinking that doing Smash Bros. again will be impossible. Impossible, impossible…is what I always think, but I ended up making it again (laughs). But once I decide to do it, I’m very fast about creating moves and such. For example Greninja, even before his name was decided I received several illustrations. I took them home in the evening and around midnight I had already done all his actions, normal moves, special moves and pose-pictures and sent them around asking “What do you think?”.

ND: That’s incredible speed! By the way, when deciding on which characters to use, are you looking into unreleased new games?

MS: At the very beginning I did that. This time our project-proposal is dated May 2012, at that time all characters were decided already. Then as production moves on we will say “We won’t put that character in” and cut out low-priority-characters.

Assuming he made concepts for move-sets for every Smash 4 newcomer planned, if he made an entire concept for the Chorus Kids during the Smash 4 project proposal, then I think it is EXTREMELY likely that the Chorus Kids concept will be revisited to be implement for Smash Switch (Basing this on the Gematsu leak being true). There was an opportunity to change the choice to Karate Joe or Rhythm Girl base game and DLC back in Smash 4, but he chose not to. I speculate that Sakurai will stay firm on his choice on Chorus Kids back in Smash 4 and try hard to implement them in this game. It only makes me extremely certain that Chorus Kids are in this Smash. How do you feel about this theory?

Last edited:

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
If the chorus kids do not appear at E3.

If another Rhythm Heaven character appears at E3.

If the chorus kids appear at E3.

Actually, I've been thinking pretty good about the chorus kids and could make an interesting moveset about the rhythm since there are three, like movements inspired by The Clappy Trio, Rat race, Frog Hop, Space dance, etc ...

It makes me believe that maybe they did not put on any character from Rhythm Heaven because some moves could be from Gameboy's Rhythm Tengoku, being that exclusive of Japan.

Now that this Megamix, there would be no problem and we would have moves inspired by Rhythm Tengoku.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
So even if the Gemetsu leak part was false, they still put in a Smash Run character and had the emblem data of the Rhythm Heaven franchise. Was there any other series that got a Smash Run enemy but not a playable character besides Ice Climber?
Maybe just maybe they were working on the Chorus Kids before scrapping them for similar problems to the Ice Climbers, which might also no longer be present assuming the Switch can do 24 chorus men on screen in 8 Player Smash. What other specific reasoning would they have for cutting the RH character?
EDIT: Oh, looks like the Ice Climber limitation thing has been discussed already :)

Last edited:

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
Ahhh! I was a huge supporter for them in the Wii U version of the game, but honestly when the Ice Climbers didn't come back I knew it wouldn't happen :( However my prediction about ICies coming back the next time was right! And I've also predicted Ridley for the first time (Ive always had him as a no but this time I had a hunch, even though Im not his biggest fan) with some friends! And I'm honestly feeling really good about a Rhythm Heaven character getting in.

I do, however, expect no reveal of them until the game comes out, there of course needs to be a secret surprise "silly" character that probably no one expected (Like jigglypuff, mr g&w, ROB, Duck Hunt for each game) and I have no doubt its gonna be a RH rep for this game.
I do believe the Chorus Kids were cut from the past smash game due to 3DS limitations, I mean they were the only franchise to get an enemy in smash run (if I remember correctly?), dataminers also found data for a "Rhythm" folder or something like that, and then theres the Trophies and Music for the Miiverse stage.

At the very least I expect just a stage, but Im very hopeful we'll get a character in! A rhythm based final smash would also be nice now that DK doesn't have his.

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
Some time ago I made this moveset for them:

I leave it to your imagination that minigame is what.

Chorus Kids
Now it's his turn!

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Man I legit remember making a character moveset thing for a Rhythm Heaven character for an expansion character in this fan game SSF2, withf different RH characters for each move, only to be met with negative response and someone saying something like "almost as bad an idea as my Parrapa the Rappa character idea".

How times have changed!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I don't think the 3DS had anything to do with Rhythm Heaven not getting a rep.

Personally, I prefer the Rhythm Girl or some monkey character (monkeys are everywhere in Rhythm Heaven, including the infamous Monkey Watch song). Or even the Rhythm Heaven Megamix mascot, he looks super cute.

That said, I will take Chorus Kids over no Rhythm Heaven rep at all. If it doesn't happen this time, it will take a long, long time for Rhythm Heaven to get another chance.

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
How do you think the icon of the chorus kids could be?

All the characters do not show their mouth, but I think they would be an exception, it is the most symbolic of them.

Watch Out!

Smash Rookie
Add me to the list of supporters. I hope they get in this time, and I think they were supposed to be but couldn't be due to the 3DS.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I don't think the 3DS had anything to do with Rhythm Heaven not getting a rep.

Personally, I prefer the Rhythm Girl or some monkey character (monkeys are everywhere in Rhythm Heaven, including the infamous Monkey Watch song). Or even the Rhythm Heaven Megamix mascot, he looks super cute.

That said, I will take Chorus Kids over no Rhythm Heaven rep at all. If it doesn't happen this time, it will take a long, long time for Rhythm Heaven to get another chance.
But does the Rhythm girl have much representation or defined character outside of like, brief cosmetic appearances in one or two Rhythm Heaven games of the past? Is she also the Tap Trial Girl?

Jonofunu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jonofunu
3DS FC
0516-7588-9474
How do you think the icon of the chorus kids could be?

All the characters do not show their mouth, but I think they would be an exception, it is the most symbolic of them.

I made this:

View attachment 148722

I know they don't really have the rosy cheeks and might make them slightly more similar to Marshal, but I felt it was a nice addition.

I played rhythm heaven megamix, when I enter the cafe menu to memories appear that kid (talk to the curator). He seems to take off his bow tie to the bottom line.

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
The chorus kids have also come out with rosy cheeks face at in the Wii mini game.

I thought that maybe they could create a unique character for Smash Bros likes Mr. Game and Watch but symbolizing Rhythm Heaven, to "Mr. Rhythm Heaven", would be a fusion between Marshal and the chorus kids since they both look alike.

Even the Marshal Trophy of Smash Bros from Wii U refers to the choir guys, quite strange that they mention it as if they were special characters, right?

Also a curious fact, is that on the Nintendo Direct in March 2016 in Europe, when they presented Rhythm Heaven Megamix, they placed the choir boys to promote their ad, curious, right?

I think Nintendo knows that they are quite important in Rhythm Heaven.

I also keep believing no estuvieron en Smash 4 why they were not for his moveset inspired by Rhythm Tengoku (exclusive of Japan) and we know Sakurai that he does not like to put characters with exclusive things from other countries.

Now that Rhythm Heaven Megamix has minigames from the Rhythm Tengoku, there will be no problem.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yo, if anyone wants to be added to the support list, just ask me. I am currently unsure who to add unless you directly request to be added in the support list. :L

Last edited:

AquaSol

Smash Apprentice
I’m pretty confident that a Rhythm Heaven rep is happening this game. I believe that Gematsu was a very early roster draft. Sakurai probably told the Rhythm Heaven developers of his intention to add one of their characters in Smash. I feel that to any developer - especially for a small series like RH - would be excited. For Sakurai to add Chorus Kids, then take them out, and then exclude them in a game not hindered by technical limitations would be kind of disrespectful. I’m not sure if he would do that.

I’ve never played RH, and honestly didn’t know about it before Gematsu. Regardless, I don’t care too much. I like the idea of a trio character, which is why I support Chorus Kids.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I thought that maybe they could create a unique character for Smash Bros likes Mr. Game and Watch but symbolizing Rhythm Heaven, to "Mr. Rhythm Heaven", would be a fusion between Marshal and the chorus kids since they both look alike.
I'm not shooting down your idea, but your "Mr. Rhythm" concept is sort of what I imagine Rhythm Girl a.k.a. Tap Trial Girl to be if she was playable in Smash.

But does the Rhythm girl have much representation or defined character outside of like, brief cosmetic appearances in one or two Rhythm Heaven games of the past? Is she also the Tap Trial Girl?
If I remember correctly, she was HEAVILY promoted during Fever to the point where she was front-and-center. Also, you're right, she IS the Tap Trial girl.

Game And Guy

Smash Cadet
I am of the belief that Marshal, being a named character that regularly appeared in his game and an obvious continuation of the Play-Yan character type, makes the Chorus Men irrelevant. That said, Marshal's flexibility in representing a weird franchise like Rhythm Heaven can be done by the Chorus Men as well. I still don't think they are the most appropriate choice, but I would be fine if they were picked. Love the franchise enough to be content with someone, even if it's gonna be random like Chorus Men, or generic like Karate Joe.

Jonofunu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jonofunu
3DS FC
0516-7588-9474
I'm sad, because i like chorus kids so cute. I believe they're the true main rather than i think karate Joe is literally karate fighter can punch punch kick etc, if he can't sing... he doesn't work

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I saw iMDB SSBU voice cast that found Chorus kids is voiced by Daniel Alegría along with Tabuu returns in new story mode. (I'm not kidding, neither is joke)

Here link (please read that): https://m.imdb.com/title/tt5370130/fullcredits/cast?ref_=m_ttfc_3
Yeah, while I'd love for that to be real, we still need to wait for official confirmation.
The voice actor for Celica of Fire Emblem was shocked to find people crying out to her being in the game, when she had not heard anything of the VA Job, but since it was listen on Imdb then it had to be real right? Together with Ash Ketchum and a Shopping Kart?

I could see Tabuu coming back if a new Subspace sort of thing is back, and I would not mind that at all.
Still, I would never believe Imdb on stuff like this yet.

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
Has anything ever been leaked with that web page?

JomSpoons

Smash Cadet
I support the Chorus Kids, fo sho! However, as the creator of the Karate Joe support thread I would of course prefer Joe. I understand why someone may prefer the Chorus Kids as opposed to someone like Joe. In fact, for a time I did too. Their appearance better showcases the rhythmic aspect of the series at a glance, and they are arguably the most recognizable characters from the series, at least here in the states.

However, my main issue with the Chorus Kids is they had no appearance at all in Rhythm Tengoku. That, in my opinion, already makes the Chorus Kids a somewhat lacking rep. Don't get me wrong, I love the Chorus Kids, they're adorable and easily one of my favorite sets of characters in the entire franchise, but since they never appeared in Tengoku I just don't know how well they could represent the series as a whole. That's what I care most about in a Rhythm Heaven rep.

However, that aside, I would be more than happy to have the Chorus Kids as the series rep. Definitely add me to the supporters list!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I support the Chorus Kids, fo sho! However, as the creator of the Karate Joe support thread I would of course prefer Joe. I understand why someone may prefer the Chorus Kids as opposed to someone like Joe. In fact, for a time I did too. Their appearance better showcases the rhythmic aspect of the series at a glance, and they are arguably the most recognizable characters from the series, at least here in the states.

However, my main issue with the Chorus Kids is they had no appearance at all in Rhythm Tengoku. That, in my opinion, already makes the Chorus Kids a somewhat lacking rep. Don't get me wrong, I love the Chorus Kids, they're adorable and easily one of my favorite sets of characters in the entire franchise, but since they never appeared in Tengoku I just don't know how well they could represent the series as a whole. That's what I care most about in a Rhythm Heaven rep.

However, that aside, I would be more than happy to have the Chorus Kids as the series rep. Definitely add me to the supporters list!
Well, Ness never appeared in the first Mother game, did that hurt his chances? No. Is he "lacking" because of this?

Game And Guy

Smash Cadet
??? Tengoku is easily the least popular entry in the franchise, by virtue of having no international release, with all three sequels selling more. It doesn't even have the best known minigames. Why does being in the first game matter? Why would there be a completely arbitrary limit like that?

AquaSol

Smash Apprentice
Just a bit curious. Would you guys prefer the Chorus Kids to be one model that gets knocked back, or three models like Ice Climbers +1?

Edit: I doubt the IMBD thing is real, but that would be pretty cool. Daniel Alegria is a random choice for a voice, I think he was in GTA.

Last edited:

Jonofunu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jonofunu
3DS FC
0516-7588-9474
Daniel alegría as Anderson alegria, a main carácter from GTAV, not random.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well, Ness never appeared in the first Mother game, did that hurt his chances? No. Is he "lacking" because of this?
I don’t think Ness was ever supposed to rep his entire series though. Not that any character is, but if Rhythm Heaven will just get one character, that might seem important to some.
Not to me, but to someone.

Game And Guy

Smash Cadet
It doesn't matter if it's important to some when it's an inherently arbitrary and nonsensical limit based on no real value.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hey, just playing devil’s advocate here, and the guy did say he supported the Chorus Kids anyway.

Still, when we’re dealing with Sakurai, we’re dealing with nonsensical and arbitrary. That’s what we love about the guy.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I will be so mad if Chorus Kids appear as a assist trophy it will be way more disappointing than Takamaru uh again why wait I dont care I got Daisy.

Top Bottom