• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936

I really want to hear a remix of this.
Rockers was easily one of favorite songs from Rhythm Heaven DS, I'd definitely love for it to get a remix!

Although my most wanted song for Smash, by far, would have to be Karate Man from Fever. Heck, I wouldn't even mind if they just slapped the original song in. Just imagine fighting to this intense theme..

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
Rockers was easily one of favorite songs from Rhythm Heaven DS, I'd definitely love for it to get a remix!

Although my most wanted song for Smash, by far, would have to be Karate Man from Fever. Heck, I wouldn't even mind if they just slapped the original song in. Just imagine fighting to this intense theme..

I agree, except I like Karate Man 2 better.

Last edited:

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
You know, I think the Chorus Kids render should be something similar to their artwork from RH The Best+. What I like about this artwork is that it showcases their strong bond and it gives a hint to their personality.

Chorus_Kids_3DS.png

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know, I think the Chorus Kids render should be something similar to their artwork from RH The Best+. What I like about this artwork is that it showcases their strong bond and it gives a hint to their personality.

View attachment 69651
It works fine for me and it sure does show their special bond with each other. Cooperative, yet have a habit of struggling over who's the best singer. Kind of like the Eds.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

View attachment 69651
That's an adorable picture.

On the topic of songs, I would like to have these in Smash (or a medley with they included):

Besides the Glee Club theme that would obviously be included if the Chorus Kids were playable :)

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Personally I think they'd look better in 2D. The entire rhythm heaven aesthetic just feels...right that way, y'know? I mean aside from the 3d mini games in gold and the best plus. Plus their design is very simplistic, and that would look a tad strange in 3d.
TBH a Rhythm Heaven character could go either way or be a mix of the two- either being 2D with 3D objects that they summon or being 3D with 2D objects to summon. The Best + had a few remixes where minigames that featured 3D models were coupled with 2D assets as well (The barber shop one for example.)

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
108 Medley Remix
With Sound Effects and Lyrics

:)

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
With Sound Effects and Lyrics
Oh wow, I actually haven't seen the version of this with sound effects added! That's very cool - just imagine if someone put together an entire animation to go with it.

Also, shoutouts to the Glee Club portion of the medley.

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
Guys, and what if we are voting esta character but you can not Appear for x Reasons?

Because If They cut... it will be for something, right? :S

Anyway, also vote for "any character of Rhythm Heaven“

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
New Big Poll! It's Source Gaming's biggest Smash poll yet!

NEW POLLING EFFORT BY @@@BluePikmin11
The SG team has helped BluePikmin reorganize his individual character polls into 4 parts. We've also provided pre-filled out forms with neutral responses so people can navigate quickly. Hopefully this will yield more and better information for future posts.

Jonofunu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jonofunu
3DS FC
0516-7588-9474
......I'm sad chorus kids aren't voted poll,becaus i want to them or not without my life. :cry:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
......I'm sad chorus kids aren't voted poll,becaus i want to them or not without my life. :cry:
Which poll are you talking about? They are at least doing much better than most Rhythm Heaven characters if you look at the new one by SourceGaming. Though it is rather sad that all Japanese support for a RH character sort of disappeared since February.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
A week to the great truth...
And even if we don't make the top cut of the ballot, there's still more DLC to come, so don't fret. Sakurai may separately consider the Chorus Kids since it's reasonable to believe he has before.

At the very least, the ballot has shown the outcry for a Rhythm Heaven character! It'll be a thought planted in Sakurai's head.

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
1 Dayyyy
1 Dayyyy
1 Dayyyy

Togheter now...!

ONE DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Last edited:

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
With the success of Rhythm Heaven Plus in Japan selling about 500,000 copies, it's highly likely we'll be seeing more from the franchise in Smash Bros.

Jonofunu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jonofunu
3DS FC
0516-7588-9474
I hope those trio guys, but... i love them. :crying:

Trio guys Will be along with Shovel knight/Shantae and Phoenix Wright too

Last edited:

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
So there was some discussion in the Source Gaming podcast recently posted on the front page regarding the ballot, and one really interesting idea (although a bit far-fetched to me) that someone posed in the discussion was that Sakurai and his team might not simply pick the highest voted characters, but rather might have a list of characters they're considering making into DLC, and they'll choose the ones from that list they made that are the most popular in the ballot.

It seems a bit unlikely to me, but if it's true, then I have almost no doubt that the Chorus Kids would be on this supposed list.
We've found signs that Sakurai has been interested in adding RH representation to the games, after all. Couple that with the fact that the Chorus Kids remain the most popular candidate for a Rhythm Heaven rep, and there may still be some hope for us to hold onto.

I'd say this theory is the most likely way the Chorus Kids can get into Smash, though I'm not sure how much I believe the theory.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
37th is really that bad of a position for the Chorus Kids. At least they did phenomenal in comparison to the other Rhythm Heaven characters so far.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/10/08/sgpollingresults1/
And if not by the Gematsu leak, they wouldn't even be on the list. Regardless of their position on the poll though, the Chorus Kids have something most requested characters don't: They were, supposedly, once considered to be part of the roster.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
And if not by the Gematsu leak, they wouldn't even be on the list. Regardless of their position on the poll though, the Chorus Kids have something most requested characters don't: They were, supposedly, once considered to be part of the roster.
I definitely agree that the Chorus Kids are the kind of character you wouldn't realize you wanted until they were in the game. Or in our case, proposed to be in the game. At this point I can understand Sakurai's choice on them as the Rhythm Heaven rep and I've grown to love them.

I really do think Sakurai still has them on his mind, especially with the added popularity of them in the Ballot. They may not be #1 on the Smash Ballot, but I do believe their relatively high position on the poll combined with Sakurai's previous consideration is enough to warrant them a very solid shot at being a DLC character.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sorry Chorus Kids, shows over for this place. But the bright side is that you can start your career over from scratch in oni's thread. I hope you are ready to say your goodbyes KimmotMan KimmotMan and Jigglystep Jigglystep .

Top Bottom