• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Choose a character for this criteria!

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Will listen to my bias & say Anna although Toadette & Nooklings are also good picks.

A new duo who can transform like Pyra/Mythra or classic Zelda/Shiek

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Dark Matter

Power Up to add to Mario's moveset
Cloud Flower from Galaxy 2; replaces FLUDD as the Down Special and can be used to create a floating platform. You can use it off stage to aid in recovery or use it on stage to change up the layout.

The cloud platform can be passed through like most small platforms and can be destroyed if takes enough damage. Mario cannot make another one until the first disappears.

He performs the Star Spin from Super Mario Galaxy en placing the cloud and can continue to use this move after one is already out.

A character from an oddball spin-off. No standard stuff like another Persona character or Waluigi to rep the sports and party games. This one is a bit subjective, but things have to have gone in an unexpected direction. A few examples:

Fire Emblem to Tokyo Mirage Sessions
Gradius to Parodious or Otomedious
Bomberman to Bombergirl

Edit: 😣 Doh, hadn't refreshed the page since yesterday, didn't see that there were new posts.

So, for a new Pokemon for Unite, I'd go with Banette. No particular reasoning, it's just one of my favorites. Keeping the same question.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
A character from an oddball spin-off. No standard stuff like another Persona character or Waluigi to rep the sports and party games. This one is a bit subjective, but things have to have gone in an unexpected direction. A few examples:

Fire Emblem to Tokyo Mirage Sessions
Gradius to Parodious or Otomedious
Bomberman to Bombergirl
Does the Builder from Dragon Quest Builders count? I keep that.

A Taito rep for Smash (No Bubble Bobble nor Space Invaders)

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Does the Builder from Dragon Quest Builders count? I keep that.

A Taito rep for Smash (No Bubble Bobble nor Space Invaders)
Yeah, I would say so. Builders is a pretty big departure from standard DQ.

I'm not too familiar with Taito tbh. I assume we're only counting stuff actually developed by Taito. I'll go with the little I know; Reika from Time Gal, but that was a joint project with Toei, so I don't know exactly where that lands. If not that then one of the girls from Magical Date?

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Pokémon Trainer (Rusty)

Western 3rd Party character from the N64 era
N64 era meaning they had a game on N64 or meaning they debuted in that era?

If the former than Rayman or Doom Slayer. If the latter Rocket from the Sucker Punch game of the same name or Glover, also from a game of the same name.

An in-game event that gives a handful of fighters new costumes based around said event. (Like in a gacha title.)

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
N64 era meaning they had a game on N64 or meaning they debuted in that era?

If the former than Rayman or Doom Slayer. If the latter Rocket from the Sucker Punch game of the same name or Glover, also from a game of the same name.

An in-game event that gives a handful of fighters new costumes based around said event. (Like in a gacha title.)
The latter, but both are ok.

Halloween thematic

Joke Fighter from The Legend of Zelda series (It can't be Tingle nor from the CD-i games)

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Reindog, only actual game character on their roster.

A composite character with moves from multiple other fighters.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Inferno from Soul Calibur (HM - Dural)

A character from a new game that released within the month (Mid Nov-Dec 2023).

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Mario from Illumination Mario Movie,Sonic from Paramount Sonic movies,Scorpion from Mortal Kombat 2017 and Detective Pikachu

12 characters for a cartoon platfighter,similar to Smash 64 12 characters (8 starters and 4 unlockables)

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
Mickey Mouse
Donald Duck (Unlockable)
Bugs Bunny
Porky Pig (Unlockable)
Tom and Jerry
Rocky the Flyings Squirrel
Mighty Mouse
The Pink Panther
Woody Woodpecker
Popeye the Sailor
Felix the Cat
Underdog (Unlockable)
Bamm-Bamm Rubble (Unlockable)

A Tekken team for KOF XV (there can't be any Mishima family members)

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Yoshimitsu, Paul, King

A Nintendo franchise to get an expansion at super Nintendo world that's not Zelda or Pokemon

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Yoshimitsu, Paul, King

A Nintendo franchise to get an expansion at super Nintendo world that's not Zelda or Pokemon
Earthbound, would make a good parody of Epcot, only with aliens and PSI

An echo fighter for a Smash Ultimate DLC character, describe their differences with one another.

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
Yooka-Layle for Banjo and Kazooie

Three genre/theme levels for Gex 4 (that were never touched in the previous games)

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Gooigi for Luigi.
  • Less slippery but has shorter jumps
  • Smile balls Neutral B that traps the other players if shoot many of them.

Three genre/theme levels for Gex 4 (that were never touched in the previous games)
I think they meant an Echo fighter for one of the actual DLC characters; :ultbanjokazooie::ultbylethf::ulthero::ultjoker::ultminmin:ultpiranha::ultpyra::ultmythra::ultsephiroth::ultsora::ultsteve::ult_terry:

Also, this thread is about choosing characters for particular criteria in Smash, so the Gex question doesn't quite fit here.

Top Bottom