• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chocobo GP Discussion Thread

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
This is a thread to discuss all things related to the new Chocobo GP game, a final fantasy racing game which was announced for switch a while ago in the nintendo direct. If you’re interested in getting the game and want to discuss potential tracks, characters or gameplay modes this is the place.

I’ll start the discussion by asking: what does everyone think about the first trailer, and what characters do people want to see in the game?

Personally I think the artstyle is actually pretty cool and it looks like it could be a really fun game, especially because of mario kart 8 feeling a little stale now. It has some pretty obscure characters as well so far.

Characters:
1. Chocobo
2. Camilla
3. Gilgamesh
4. Shirma
5. Behemoth
6. Mog
7. Dungeon Hero X
8. Ramuh
9. Fat Chocobo
10. Mecha Chocobo
11. Cid
12. Adelbert Steiner
13. Vivi

Tracks:
1. Cid’s Test Track (Chocobo Racing)
2. Zozo (Final Fantasy VI)
3. Gold Saucer (Final Fantasy VII)
4. Alexandria (Final Fantasy IX)

dezeray112

Smash Hero
It has been a long while since I've last heard of Chocobo Racing which was back on the old Playstation days. But I'm really glad to see that after so many years, it finally got a new game with GP.

Anyways, I'm surprised that they added Vivi and Steiner from Final Fantasy IX and I do hope they can add some more well known Final Fantasy characters and courses.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Anyways, I'm surprised that they added Vivi and Steiner from Final Fantasy IX and I do hope they can add some more well known Final Fantasy characters and courses.
I’m guessing the reason why they have these FF9 characters so early is because it matches the classic final fantasy aesthetic and isn’t that realistic. Although it could just be because of how much of a cult classic it is.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I’m guessing the reason why they have these FF9 characters so early is because it matches the classic final fantasy aesthetic and isn’t that realistic. Although it could just be because of how much of a cult classic it is.
I do recall Chocobo Racing had Cloud Strife riding his motorbike, Squall Leonheart as well as Parasite Eve's Aya Brea in a police car were playable.

But I guess we will wait and see who else will be revealed.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I do recall Chocobo Racing had Cloud Strife riding his motorbike, Squall Leonheart as well as Parasite Eve's Aya Brea in a police car were playable.

But I guess we will wait and see who else will be revealed.
Yeah we probably will get some non-classic characters eventually, I just think they're showing off all the classic characters at first.

also if aya returned in this game that would be cool

D

Deleted member

FLMYk47XoAE20d9.jpeg

Cloud is being added in the first season pass.

Edit:
FLMZ0fyX0AA-si6.jpeg

Squall too.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Seeing the game seemingly dip itself into GAAS style battle passes and FOMO is a bit disappointing but I'm still interested in the game

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
I should have said this when it was possible to unlock him, but Odin looks nice. I love Final Fantasy 13. It’s different seeing Odin’s personality in a game.

Top Bottom