• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CHISPORTS IV: A New Hope (APEX 2014 Training) - December 21, 2013

clowsui

Smash Legend
So I'm back for a bit. Let's have a tournament so you all can see me and get better before the big show, eh?

GAMES FEATURED:
Project M
Brawl

FOOD:
Donatos is a pizza chain in Ohio which also serves subs.
www.donatos.com
Also, one can order a fountain drink for 1.70 and have free refills all day long.

WHILE THERE IS NO OUTSIDE FOOD ALLOWED AT THE VENUE:
There is also many good restaurants in the area, but please do not leave if you are still in bracket unless I say it's ok.

PARKING INFO:

Blue Star is the venue.
Yellow Line is meters. These are free after 10 PM.
Green Line is street parking. The parking on Sumit Street is probably the most likely to have spots, but it's also the farthest.
Orange Circles are parking garages. They ar 10 bucks for more than 5 hours, and the rates reset at midnight (aka be out by midnight.)

This next map is zoomed in on the venue.

Blue Star is the venue.
Dark Green Line is the drop off zone. Please be quick since this is also where the Donatos drivers park.

FEES/PAYOUTS:
VENUE FEE: $0
$10 Brawl Singles
$5 Brawl Doubles (Per Teammate, $10 per team)
$5 Project M Singles ($10 if more than 16 people sign up)

Project M Doubles contingent on interest shown on day of tournament and time constraints.

BRAWL SINGLES PAYOUTS

<=32 people
1st 50%
2nd 25%
3rd 15%
4th 10%

>=32 people
1st 48%
2nd 22%
3rd 14%
4th 8%
5th 4%

DOUBLES PAYOUTS

<=8 teams
1st 70%
2nd 30%

>=8 teams
1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

PM PAYOUTS
<=16 entrants
1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

>16 entrants
1st 50%
2nd 25%
3rd 15%
4th 10%

SCHEDULE:

12PM - 3 PM Venue opens + registration
3 PM - 5:00 PM Brawl Doubles
5:00 PM - 9:00 PM Brawl Singles Bracket
8:30 PM - 10:00 PM Project M Singles

Yeah I realize 3 PM is a little late but given how Cincinnati is we're unlikely to be there at any time before that.

No food breaks because the venue is a great place to get food. If you want to go out that's on you.

If there's 8 or less entrants/teams to an event, it'll probably be run round robin.

clowsui

Smash Legend
SETUPS:

TVs:

1. Sorasin (?)
2. SneakyTako (?)
3. Stewy
4. Stewy
5. Stewy (?)
6. Soulpech
7. Soulpech
8. Soulpech (I'll find people to drive the TVs here)

WIIS:
1. clowsui
2. SneakyTako
3. Luminoth
4. Stewy
5. Stewy
6. Stewy (?)

Not everybody there is gonna be there for the tournament. As such I think it's only fair that I don't rely on the setups brought by Columbus smash unless the owner of that setup explicitly expresses interest in allowing me to use their equipment.

SoulPech

Smash Master
the tourney thread was already made :(

things you need to know chi:

1) The venue has been reserved so we're good

2) The TVs there are FLAT SCREEN ONLY, which means that there will be lag on TVs thus people need to bring TVs. With that said, I have a total of 5 that I can bring, but need some cars in order to transport them.

3) Please purchase food/drinks at the venue. DON'T BRING OUTSIDE FOOD INTO THE VENUE. This covers the cost of the venue, which isn't alot but it helps support a great venue. This has never been a problem before, but I just feel this needs to brought up.

4) I can provide housing for this event. OoS is top priority. Ask me in the thread, faceboob, or PM if you need housing.

That's all that is need to be said for now.

LOE1

Smash Lord
depends if MI goes and on weather, i'll see if i can make it

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I'll try and see if I can get Greenup and Morehead to go. :D

EDIT:Also if I can make it I can possibly bring 2 T.V.s and a wii which can be used for Brawl and P:M.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'll assist in Michigan coming down and join in on the fun. Most likely will be the Ksev mobile since that can fit 7.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Venue is actually 5 bucks. I'm pretty sure I can offer venue discounts for setups but I'll make sure ASAP what's the deal

Ok discounts if you bring setups that are used up to the 8th one. This venue situation will be made very easy if y'all order food from the venue itself, as I can offer refunds after a certain amount is met

clowsui

Smash Legend
Depending on the number of setups and number of entrants I might run Brawl Singles pools

If that's the case, if less than 8 people commit to PM I won't run an event at all

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I'll show up, but it's extremely unlikely that I'll be able to get into any of the events if registration's 12PM - 3PM.

I work on Saturdays from 8AM - 4PM. I'll likely show up sometime before or after 4:30 when I get off on that day, because my job isn't too far from Donatos and I use a COTA to travel.

At the very least I can bring a Wii setup for both Brawl & P:M, depending on what happens for P:M.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Carls you know I can register you during doubles right

Also I'm aware of this being the same day as Christmas combat. I initially tried to host it at the arcade but Jesse told me it'd be too busy to do so which makes sense

Coco talk to ppl in MI. There might be more than one carpool coming to this

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
If it's not too late for you, yeah you can do that for me. I'll just pay you for it as soon as I show up.

I'll be teaming with SoulPech if I can make it.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
I actually really want to go to another tournament, and I can drive now... If I can find someone in indy so I don't have to make the trip alone, I might make it.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I actually really want to go to another tournament, and I can drive now... If I can find someone in indy so I don't have to make the trip alone, I might make it.
If you live not super far north, you would have to drive through Dayton to get there. 0_0

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM i may have to come to this if i am not busy

Gotta talk with Denzi and Avion and NEOH in general hmmmmmmm

asdkjfjsad
i just talked to parents
and APPARENTLY my mommy is hosting her annual christmas shindig that day so idk if i can come to this jdfhjsadfhkjsafdhkj

Dino

Smash Rookie
If you keep Project M on, I (and hopefully 1 or 2 friends) will be attending this as my first tournament ever!

LOE1

Smash Lord
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM i may have to come to this if i am not busy

Gotta talk with Denzi and Avion and NEOH in general hmmmmmmm

asdkjfjsad
i just talked to parents
and APPARENTLY my mommy is hosting her annual christmas shindig that day so idk if i can come to this jdfhjsadfhkjsafdhkj
Video games > Family time :denzel:
and im still interested in buying whatever ya have to sell that i likee

also, i kinda forgot who i was supposed to team with at this...if anybody. lets see if my memory gets better before i start asking for teamates lol.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
also, i kinda forgot who i was supposed to team with at this...if anybody. lets see if my memory gets better before i start asking for teamates lol.

It's me, Michigan is taking the top 3 spots in doubles.

Suyon

Smash Lord
I have mentioned about this in the NEOH thread (kind of) and in the NEOH Brawl facebook group. Not sure if they'll come or if this is late notice to them lol (could even be early notice since its NEOH).

LMNO

Smash Rookie
i'll be there for pm and try to bring a full setup but is there anyone willing to team with me?

LMNO

Smash Rookie
i'll be there and i'll try to bring a full setup but is there anyone willing to team for doubles in PM? P.S. please don't youtube me all of that was from over a year ago lol

Top Bottom