• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chip I think this should be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFast

Smash Lord
Videos:

FREAKING BOMB SPIKE!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtwYOoENeaU

Bombs are a great projectile but are never their at their fullest potental until paired with the rest of TLs projectiles. I will list some Ideas of how Bombs can be used with other projectiles. They will never be set uses as uses are always determined by the situation at hand. But by listing my ideas maybe it can help to get the idea of how bombs should be used and paired with other projectiles.

Frame Data of Bombs: (Thank Rutger):

-Down-B-
Bomb pull Duration: 39
Throw Duration: 20
Hit(soonest when thrown): 8
Hitlag: N/A
Block Hitlag, Fresh: 6
-Stale: 5
Blockstun, Fresh: 2
-Stale: 1

AT's:

SANTi's Bomb -> Up-smash:
Throw two bombs up and up smash your opponent into them >.> that easy. It kills at slightly early percents and does a lot more damage but hard to set up.

Bomb Spiking:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=s8nTA1zJsRY&feature=related

Aerials Attacks While Holding Bombs:

As you are falling hit Z alone. You must be moving in a downward direction. Follow the neutral Z with a down air or a neutral air. You will drop the bomb, do the attack and catch the bomb during your attack animation. I know it works with Neutral and Down air but it can possible work with other aerials I haven't looked to far into it yet.

Bomb Barriers:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6auDYfgB2A&feature=related

Jump Canceled Bombs:
Run in either direction, and then immediately jump followed by the C-stick in the opposite direction. What results is a running bomb throw in the opposite direction of the run. This cancels some of the lag. Also this can be done to throw a bomb in the same direction as you were running. It stops the run, but again some of the lag is canceled. When doing this, the speed of your bomb is slowed down because bombs in the move a little bit slower. Much more useful when throwing bombs behind you but the lag can be canceled by the jump either way.
Also noted the C-stick is not needed if you have quick enough hands I can do Jump Canceled Bombs just by hitting the control stick opposite direction than I'm running and the X button and A button all at the same time followed by the control stick in the direction I was running. I get the same results but you have to hit the control stick very fast. Just do which ever way is your more comfortable with.

Bomb Grapple:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8JbbKPU6E8E&feature=related

Sasukes Two Bomb Tricks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeblZ9Tt6IA

Invici-Bombing:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=212866

Forward Smashing With Bombs:
"To f-smash while holding a bomb, just hold A while pulling out the bomb and use the c stick to initiate the f-smash. "
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Rawrness

Smash Journeyman
Bombs + Rangs = Mindgames
Careful for MK...if you have a bomb...and he grabs and Uthrows you and it goes off while you're offscreen, you're dead.

YumClock

Smash Apprentice
Um.
Is "bomber rang" anything special or do you just throw a bomb and boomerang at the same time?

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
He is just saying mix it up YumClock..

Not a bad guide... but an eyesore, add proper spelling ("you") and some capitalization and it would be good to go =]

TheFast

Smash Lord
He is just saying mix it up YumClock..

Not a bad guide... but an eyesore, add proper spelling ("you") and some capitalization and it would be good to go =]
Fine :urg:, i need to add information about using your second jump in the guide anyways.

Coselm

Smash Ace
Bombs are great, but not something to base your game around.

Mix it up with offensive and defensive strategies.

Don't underestimate boomerangs and arrows. Keep in mind that one of the things that makes them so great is that you can use them while holding a bomb, and save the bomb as your trump card.

TheFast

Smash Lord
I didn't say this guide was for using just bombs. This guide is a guide for when u do wanna use bombs in your game. If this is being taken as me saying to base your playing just around bombs then that wasn't what I intended at all.

Antichrist

Smash Cadet
i use alot of these tricks, watch my vids on youtube for some examples. search antichrist666 brawl ssbb

Santi

Smash Lord
It doesnt't make a bit of difference guys.
The bombs are inert.

l SOUP l

Smash Apprentice
It doesnt't make a bit of difference guys.
The bombs are inert.
I don't think they are inert, I find them the most useful out of the 3 projectiles.

And telling other TL's to stick to arrows and rangs against an MK is the worst thing you can say lol. MK's usually never uthrow, and if they do it is highly unlikely you will have a bomb in your hand, (unless you are ******** and leave yourself open for a grab) or let alone have it detonate right at the peek of the uthrow. Against MK it's all about mixing it up, the projectile that you will most likely be using the most are bombs, USE THEM.

ROFL @ Santi: Just watched the video

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Yep :laugh: well im going to start making the bomb scale 0-10 so people start saying who you thing bombs are good or bad against and why
i knew it. i found this out on the meta knight boards some time ago but i seen it happen to snake.

EDIT:ice climbers,mario bros,spacies standard b can be blocked by a bomb placed on the ground i think it can block some other projectiles to but idk

TheFast

Smash Lord
i knew it. i found this out on the meta knight boards some time ago but i seen it happen to snake.

EDIT:ice climbers,mario bros,spacies standard b can be blocked by a bomb placed on the ground i think it can block some other projectiles to but idk
or you can just stand still :laugh:

TheFast

Smash Lord
You can make better use of the bomb by throwing it and using your shield to block, if you dont just want to jump of them and send more projectiles their way.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
More isn't always better. (precision matters more to me anyway)
If theres a Falco laser spamming on the other side of the level, bombs on the level would help you more.
You can shoot a fully charged arrow by the time he breaks through the bombs.
And the arrow will stun him a lil so you can approach.

But whatever works I guess.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
You have to learn to exploit all of a characters game.
Don't just do what everyone does. Occasions come up where impractical things are better hen going at it the same old way.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I remember learning somewhere, I think from Sasuke but I'm not sure, that you can drop a bomb at the height of your short hop and then use an attack and you'll grab the bomb. It may be useful for mixing things up.

TheFast

Smash Lord
Ill look into it and add it if need but sasuke don't take it serious it was a joke at how no1 charges arrows but I know its go to do every now and then because it is unexpected. I remember my 1st ever win against a tourney player who was ranked like number 14 online was with a charged arrow GIMPs ftw. Charged arrows also and separate Nana and Popo enough to cancel their up-B try it sometime. XD

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I remember learning somewhere, I think from Sasuke but I'm not sure, that you can drop a bomb at the height of your short hop and then use an attack and you'll grab the bomb. It may be useful for mixing things up.
I didn't find it out but I probably did post it somewhere. =)
This is good for when you have a bomb out and the guys just expecting you to throw it.
Surprises, surprises.

Ill look into it and add it if need but sasuke don't take it serious it was a joke at how no1 charges arrows but I know its go to do every now and then because it is unexpected. I remember my 1st ever win against a tourney player who was ranked like number 14 online was with a charged arrow GIMPs ftw. Charged arrows also and separate Nana and Popo enough to cancel their up-B try it sometime. XD
lol I knew but I got all serious there for a sec.
And thats amazing.
People underestimate the fully charged arrow. =)
It's a safe edge gimp that you don't have to go to the edge for.
And it got a lotta range.

TheFast

Smash Lord
He was Bowser and very close to the edge it catch him as his up-b started and actually knocked him downward because of the curve of the just. Not much but enough to where his up didn't have the vertical distance to make it back.

Do you happen to know any character bombs don't work good against or work really well against?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Meta knight and anyone with a reflector

TheFast

Smash Lord
meta knight is bad or good? I have him listed as 8 I think because as long as you stay off the ground with bombs and don't let him get underneath you because of his up-B. I'm about to move him down to a 7 because of his quick up-B and the curve of it might catch you off guard when bombing

TheFast

Smash Lord
8= Bombs out prioritize all of MKs B moves which is good
Hes got Good aerial speed, small frame, multiple jumps, and can kill you if he grabs you when you have a bomb. I thought 8 at 1st but its just not a fair judgment with all the things he can do. A good Toon Link player should be able to get around without getting hurt but a good meta knight should be able to advance through Toon Links projectile not making them useless by any means but they are not like other characters projectile who can completely destroy meta knight.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Hes got Good aerial speed
he has one of the worse aerial speeds unless gliding, small frame, multiple jumps, and can kill you if he grabs you when you have a bombif you hold it long enough to let it explode in your hands. I thought 8 at 1st but its just not a fair judgment with all the things he can do. A good Toon Link player should be able to get around without getting hurt but a good meta knight should be able to advance through Toon Links projectile not making them useless by any means but they are not like other characters projectile who can completely destroy meta knight.
fixed it a little

TheFast

Smash Lord
fixed it a little
I didn't hes got good aerial speed I meant to say mobility. My bad. he can use his multiple jumps and quick air dodges to maneuver his way through Toon Links projectiles. And I don't know what you are trying to say about the grab thing because I was talking about when he used his up-throw while Toon Link is holding a bomb it can kill Toon link if the bomb goes off when they are at the top of the screen. I mean I see how you are saying 8 because I came up with it to so maybe if more people agree on 8 Ill change it but as of now I will stick with 8 because of the other characters bombs are better against than meta knight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom