• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Chills of the Fever" - Dr. Mario Matchup Discussion

Doc Mario

Smash Cadet
Yeah, we can shield camp a lot of stuff because our out of shield options are awesome. Our Sheet has fairly low commitment as well. I think Doc's bad matchups are characters that don't particularly care about shield camping (particularly via silly disjoints). This is why I don't think he does poorly against projectile characters, because I don't see how they can easily counter shield camping.

As for ROB, I don't see why we should approach him. Just camp him, use Sheet, hold on to his Gyro if you can, bait him with bairs and, most importantly, remain patient. How is he going to approach you? Try to powershield his Nair then grab him, or just Up Smash.

So I guess Doc just needs to keep his patient playstyle no matter what huh? I don't know why i felt I needed to rush down Rob when I normally just throw pills, fake my approach to get in a grab or couch near the edge backwards with my back to my opponent depending on how dangerous they are I saw 2ManyCooks battle against a Rob before, he did great on battlefield because of the platforms I guess but he tried to approach him most of the time and lost the set, since he came close of winning though I thought rushing down Rob was the way to go but I guess not. Should I use pills against Rob or no?

Eight_SixtyFour

Smash Ace
Yeah, but he was playing patiently and punishing ROB's nairs on shield. Reading opponents' habits helps a lot as well.

You can use pills if you want to make them approach you, but don't go nuts with it.

Last edited:

Eight_SixtyFour

Smash Ace
:4drmario: vs. :4falcon:? Not sure what my specific problem in this MU is, I think I just get overwhelmed.
It can get rough if you are in the air. You really need to make your landings less predictable against Falcon (hint hint, b-reverse/wavebounce sheet). However, you can juggle him pretty hard because of his fast fall speed and limited landing options. And because he has to come to you to get damage (either via dash grabs or dash attacks), he will put himself in a risky situation most of the time -> getting comboed by Doc. You have to make sure that you don't overcommit at all, which is easier said than done, but it's possible. Down-B can come in handy against nutty Falcons, since it will beat out his attacks.

Thinking about it now, you should be able to edgeguard him pretty easily with Down-B or maybe Dair. Even if you get hit by the grab, as long as you can tech, you should be able to punish him with reverse Up-B :) .

Top Bottom