• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago-Land Power Rankings (Updated 12/30/2011)

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
whoa, it's unknownforce. if i'm not mistaken, unknownforce was part of the group that went to Japan with Ken back in the bombsoldier days. historic

unknownforce

Smash Lord
That's awesome. I had no idea DSF was in Chicago now. Hopefully we can get some smashfests on occasion.

Yep, I was one of the few players lucky enough to make it to Japan. I'm amazed people still remember that lol.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Oh what is your name, i will let you in. We get a lot of spam bots that try to join, so if someone isn't friends with someone in the group i usually dont let them in. Also, you may have been one of the people I messaged on facebook. Check your inbox's "other" folder. Or just add me as a friend www.facebook.com/sveet

Tinkster

Smash Apprentice
oh man, unknown coming out here? chicago keeps getting all the old school pros =)))....chicago actually has a decent smash life compared to most regions....we have alot of **** going on throughout the week and weekends.

SFC

Smash Rookie
what's up guys

I'm a super noob at this game--over the past month or so I've taken an interest in playing competitively and practicing basic tech skill. I'll be living in the northern suburbs this summer and am interested in testing out playing in tournaments and stuff while I am here.

What's the general scene like here? WD Wednesdays looks likes the biggest thing going on near me; is there anything else going on that I should know about?

Scythe

Smash Master
wavedash wednesdays is a great weekly thing to go to
also kirk and I occasionally host tournaments over in Dupage. We don't have one planned currently but one could possibly happen within 2 weeks. I believe the thread with info is called diego noooo atm

Dopey

Smash Lord
BOOM!! What's up chicago? Ill be in town the week of the 26th/28th then leavin to the MW champ tourny in kansas the 29th...anyone down to smash/chill lemme kno!!

MT_

Smash Ace
Hi friends.

There is a high chance I will be in Evanston next week and will probably have time for some melee. Seems this thread is a little dead but I'm assuming there is a Facebook group to check out. Any tourneys out smashfests that I might be able to make next week? I'll be in from the 6thish to the 11thish.

alcheato

Smash Ace
Hi friends.

There is a high chance I will be in Evanston next week and will probably have time for some melee. Seems this thread is a little dead but I'm assuming there is a Facebook group to check out. Any tourneys out smashfests that I might be able to make next week? I'll be in from the 6thish to the 11thish.

Here's the link to the FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/126804630735563/

Local tournies:
http://smashboards.com/threads/dieg...t-edition-july-6th-2013-glen-ellyn-il.329986/
http://smashboards.com/threads/wavedash-wednesday-july-3rd-2013-oak-park-il.334381/

Sadly I don't think we have any organized Smashfests around here these days....they're all pretty spontaneous now :/

Capps Indigo

Smash Journeyman
saw evo, got hype, decided to check in~ hello chicago, hope all is good ^,^

edit: whoa, hello unknownforce!! enjoy your summer. i'm not in chicago these days. =P

post #404, lolz

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Hey guys how's it going?

I'm posting here to see how much interest there is in me running Melee at my next event.

I am planning an End Of Summer tournament, first one in 2 years and already have a nice tourney line up and was considering adding Melee to the line up.

For those that have been to my End Of Summer events, I have had Smash in one way or another so I was thinking of doing that again.

The date for it right now is going to be either September 7 or 14 and I am going to decide on the date by this weekend. So right now letting people choose what date suits them best. Leaning towards the 14th atm.

This will be in the City so hopefully I can get a nice turnout for city players, but again want to see if you guys would be interested so I can add Melee to the line up.

Hope to read some responses soon. ^_^

Obi.

Smash Rookie
I just saw the documentary on youtube about Melee (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vR-kdKDZ6M) and the whole competitive scene back from the mid 2000s...I loved playing Melee since it released till 2008. I remember reading and watching videos of all those guys in the documentary. It brought back so many memories that it I wanted to comeback to the boards and see what the scene is like now. I would love to play melee with some Chicagoland players.

I went to UIUC and was in Smashing Illini before I stopped playing a little after brawl came out. Melee is still the best (fighting only?) game ever made!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Hey Chicago someone play melee with me...I just moved here and looking to play some Melee

Do you guys have a FB group?

To you (and anyone else reading this):
If you don't get accepted into the facebook group, make sure you have friends who are smashers or are in the group. If a profile is private and doesn't have any connection to the group, I don't accept it in. If this happens to you by mistake, I recommend sending a message to me or adding friends who are in the smash community (in the group would be best).

Top Bottom