• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago-Land Power Rankings (Updated 12/30/2011)

Meneks

Smash Lord
Sup Chicagoians
I play Melee over in Wa (Bellingham to be exact) and I'm visiting a friend of mine until Tuesday. If anybody has some free time or there is a smashfest or something I'd love to meet some new players and play some friendlies. I'm not extremely active in the Wa scene (my work usually conflicts with our monthly), but i've been playing consistently for a couple years despite only going to a couple tournaments.
but yeah my number is 206-334-0436 hit me up if you're interested
where in chicago?

balladechina212

Smash Ace
Hey all I just moved to Chicago and have been here for a few weeks now. Been looking to get back into Melee after playing for 5-6 years...How's the scene here nowadays?

Scythe

Smash Master
it's good, there's usually a tourney here every couple weeks and some get togethers

Doctor X

Smash Lord
So while we're on the subject of plugging tournaments in a power-rankings thread...

http://www.smashboards.com/threads/335594/

I want to make sure Chicago sees this because I know many of them play Project M. I can't find a much better thread for this purpose... Let me know if you guys have a social thread though, because if so I can't find it. >.<

Scythe

Smash Master
we should setup some carpools for this. If i remember right that venue is legit.

ORLY

Smash Master
how did i not notice that you put the number 1 spot as david sirlin LOL

i must've just sped right by to see where i was at

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I live in warrenville, probably like 10-20 min away.

Barns: What takes you to glen ellyn? You moving into CoD dorms or something?

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
sup fellas! i'm itching for smash. i'm practicing and i'm getting dat tech skill back. hope to see some of the old faces again. hopefully there's a tourney that i can attend ^^

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
first week of June, I think june 4th as of now. But i'll be taking a vacay, maybe in cali or mexico. mad hyped tho for chicago summer smash. wanna main marth cuz of pewpewu, but mostly because marth looks korean :p

Griffard

Smash Ace
Is the Smash O'Clock thread just dead? That's dumb if so.
I decided I'm 90% sure I'm going to EVO. This game and this event is too dope not to, plus I'm turning 21 in June.
Who from the Chi is going? Anyone carpooling/MegaBus-ing? My good friend from Nebraska and my good friend from NorCal may go, but if they're not, it'd be great to room with some suburban Chicago boiz.
Kisses,
G

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Hi Chicago players,

I'm a very old school player who will be living in Chicago for a few months for a summer work position. I'll be arriving early June and staying until late August.

Do you guys host smashfests often in Chicago, and do you have a facebook group or something like that to arrange fests?

I noticed that Tink is still playing (hi Tink!) but are any of the other old school Chicago players still around (like Eddie, Caps, or Snex?)

Looking forward to the move!

Top Bottom