• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago-Land Power Rankings (Updated 12/30/2011)

Tink

Smash Hero
you play marth, so your view on the subject is skewed.

tech skill is very much NOT overrated....u think if mango played slow he would be as good? no....half the reason(other half is knowledge of the game) he is so good is he can produce a high level of tech skill over a long period of time, without messing up almost ever. which most players cant(ask kelly)....mango doesnt miss l cancels, he doesnt miss fast falling, and almost every player in the world, does.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Ok dart, no more pivot grabs then bro. Gotta slow it down and work on them fundamentals, like walking around and utilting

Dart!

Smash Master
Having superb tech skill is pretty overrated.
The [overly technical never win. You're better off slowing down your tech a little bit to have better fundamentals and matchup knowledge.

Plus all that mashing ruins your hands
I did say that ok good, yes. But you guys blew what I said way out of proportion.
Mango doesn't do overly technical things. Double shining/knowing how to space on shield/shine grabbing aren't super technical things.

There's a difference between silent wolf and lovage's technicality than mangos.
Mango also wins tournaments. Think about it.

Or continue to troll me. That's about all you do anyway tink.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
I did say that ok good, yes. But you guys blew what I said way out of proportion.
Mango doesn't do overly technical things. Double shining/knowing how to space on shield/shine grabbing aren't super technical things.

There's a difference between silent wolf and lovage's technicality than mangos.
Mango also wins tournaments. Think about it.

Or continue to troll me. That's about all you do anyway tink.
He's not smart enough to troll you purposely

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Its all relative bro. Especially now, the technical fox players are the most successful. Kels and I were chatting about how funny it is that people used to say doubleshining is useless and only noobs learn it, now its a necessary mixup for spacies. The fringes of today's limits are always the beginnings of tomorrows standards.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
you play marth, so your view on the subject is skewed.

tech skill is very much NOT overrated....u think if mango played slow he would be as good? no....half the reason(other half is knowledge of the game) he is so good is he can produce a high level of tech skill over a long period of time, without messing up almost ever. which most players cant(ask kelly)....mango doesnt miss l cancels, he doesnt miss fast falling, and almost every player in the world, does.
fast falling and l cancels aren't overly technical things, those are fundamental things.

Meneks

Smash Lord
Mango's ingame tech skill is far more superiour than silent wolf's.

He doesn't appear to be overly technical because 95% of what he does is practical, due to his thinking he puts himself in situations where its required to be fast/technical which is why it doesn't look like durpwestballzderp

Meneks

Smash Lord
Double post: is anyone from the city driving to smym?

I would most definitely be able to pay my share in and gas fees and probably smoke you out if interested?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yeah frank, you're so awful that I always let you win to make you feel better ;)

I need a new avatar, anyone have a suggestion?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I might be able to make that work, but lina is all about sex appeal. Hard to fit both into the same avatar

also, you coming to smash today zudo?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yo can anyone update their avatar? I reported the bug in the dev section, but i want to make sure its not just me

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
Any bums in the Chicagoland area wanna get together for a little Melee this week? Given about a day's notice, I'm available Sunday through Friday this week. I can host at my place. I've got one full setup but two TV's. Evenings probably preferred.

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
Ah yeah, key detail. I'm located in Woodridge, which is a suburb not too far from Naperville.

DwightDL

Smash Cadet
Sup Chicagoians
I play Melee over in Wa (Bellingham to be exact) and I'm visiting a friend of mine until Tuesday. If anybody has some free time or there is a smashfest or something I'd love to meet some new players and play some friendlies. I'm not extremely active in the Wa scene (my work usually conflicts with our monthly), but i've been playing consistently for a couple years despite only going to a couple tournaments.
but yeah my number is 206-334-0436 hit me up if you're interested

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Been playing some PM, really liking the new version. I have a few pocket chars, but I still need to do some training mode before i bust them out for realz

Top Bottom