• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago-Land Power Rankings (Updated 12/30/2011)

alcheato

Smash Ace
Psh...Kels won't be quitting anytime soon. He just needs those secondaries of his to get an ***-whooping and remind him that there's still competition around here. I'll get right on it...next month.

Tink

Smash Hero
i dont think of lost to anyone from mchenry in about a year or so =D(helps that i havnt been to a tournament in 4 months :p)

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
I totally agree, We lost a lot of points there.
There is another one in McHenry county though, it's just not viable for smashfests due to it being 20 minutes away

Meneks

Yes, I am saying you can't. Cheato doesn't count anymore.

Meneks

Smash Lord
going to SCSYN?
Initially I was But I work fri-mon at restaurant downtown and restaurant week is that week along with valentines day so I don't think I'd be able to call off unfortunately.

Smym on the other hand is a mandatory midwester's pilgrimage So I'm definitely going to try and make that.

Edit: if you end up making a smym $mm thread at some point, put me on there for $5 falco vs shiek, and $3 marth vs. anyone not shiek, we only play in tourney. Lets change that

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
Chicago To EVO or G3

Hey guys, I really hope you guys are donating to the Evo cancer drive.

if we win, is anyone from Chicagoland interested in going to EVO or Genesis 3 with me? Thing is, I'm out of shape and I haven't played enough. I think i still got it, but i'm not as good as I used to be. I get really bored using Sheik so I've been ****ing around with other chars a lot. Not sure who to main anymore.

I think G3 is worth it cuz the weather and travel is a lot easier than going to East Coast. Plus Norcal is one of the best regions in the world for smash. I'm hyped for Evo, but I'm worried that the actually tourney will be ran horribly. anyway, Chicago let me know!

Scythe

Smash Master
if melee makes evo then i am for sure going since i've been playing sf4 as of late.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
dart, if you can, post your plans as EVO or G3 get's closer. i wouldn't mind getting housing with you if you're interested.

my man kels should be going as well, no? i love that guy. so good.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
Melee won! Whooohooo. Congrats fellas.

I'm very interested in going to Evo, but I wanna hear more from Dart, Kels or anyone else who is gonna travel from Chicago. I'll be back in June, so I can head out from Ohare if we're going to fly.

The ONLY thing that would hold me back from going to Evo or G3 is if I have to leave for Korea early. My plane ticket situation to head back to Korea is not settled yet.

Dart!

Smash Master
Melee won! Whooohooo. Congrats fellas.

I'm very interested in going to Evo, but I wanna hear more from Dart, Kels or anyone else who is gonna travel from Chicago. I'll be back in June, so I can head out from Ohare if we're going to fly.

The ONLY thing that would hold me back from going to Evo or G3 is if I have to leave for Korea early. My plane ticket situation to head back to Korea is not settled yet.
But I'm not from Chicago :(

Scythe

Smash Master
we have biweekly tournaments for the most part. This weekend there is a tourney deep in IN and next week there in one in WI and week after that we have a big one in chicago.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
we have biweekly tournaments for the most part. This weekend there is a tourney deep in IN and next week there in one in WI and week after that we have a big one in chicago.
I'd actually like to play with some people before I charge into the tourney scene again lol.

Tink

Smash Hero
come on brightside, you knowww its like riding a bike sonn....plus, u dont have to enter a tournament to play the best there =D....one of the best things about tournies, the friendlies.

Fletch

Smash Master
Whenever I don't play this game on the regular, I ****ing suck balls at it. I wouldn't exactly liken it to riding a bike; game is too damn hard, especially for us old folk.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
tink's right yo, melee is like a bike you can never forget how to ride.

no johns, some ppl never get better at the game but you can always have fun. playing with Orly really helped me to see that. your mentality towards the game is half the battle.

Meneks

Smash Lord
tink's right yo, melee is like a bike you can never forget how to ride.

no johns, some ppl never get better at the game but you can always have fun. playing with Orly really helped me to see that. your mentality towards the game is half the battle.
Its like working out and dieting, you can work out all you want but at the end of the day if you're just going to eat mcdonalds then you're not going to get positive results.

With melee you can play the game as much as you want but if your mentality isn't there you're not going to improve.

I don't think people can never get better at the game, that impossible.
Its a matter of how much you WANT to get better.

I haven't had a set up at home to practice in 3 years, and play like 1-2 times a week and still manage to have Techskill like Silentwolf gave it to me.

Mentality may be half the battle but its definitely the more significant half if that makes any sense lol

Meneks

Smash Lord
Discussing Smash theory over complicates Melee?
I think discussing mentalities and other things outside of the actual moves in the game can help make a person better.

Unless you mean were just discussing the same things over and over?

Dart!

Smash Master
Having superb tech skill is pretty overrated.
The overly technical never win. You're better off slowing down your tech a little bit to have better fundamentals and matchup knowledge.

Plus all that mashing ruins your hands

Top Bottom