• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chibo's First Melee Tournament in Over a Year

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
What's up everyone, I'm ready to host some more Melee tourneys. Yeaaaaaaaa

I've got two venues to use, I'll likely hold a tourney at each location.

One is one of my normal Philly venues at Drexel that people will remember from CoT3. I'll hold this one a little bit later.

My other new venue that Melee players haven't been to yet, is my new venue in South Jersey at the Shore Mall in Egg(m) Harbor Township. It's pretty close to where the first CoT is. The venue is right next to a exit on the parkway to give everyone an idea. It's a bit north of where GOTM's Tournament was.

It's a lan center with tons of great aspects such as a extremely leniant store owner, no closing time, some TVs/setups already at the venue, and plenty of space.

Get hyped.

The purpose of this thread is to ask for some date suggestions. I'm a little out of touch with the Melee community lol. I just don't know what big events are coming up when so give me some suggestions on when to hold it!

For more details on the venue, it's the same place I held Fusion 1 at, a Brawl tourney that's currently stickied in this section - so you can get the address and stuff there.

Quick overview:
-$5 venue, $10 singles, $20 per team doubles
-good livestreaming
-starts around 1pm-ish
-not worried about attendance, i can fit a ton of people here. to give a comparison since everyone's used to it recently, it's a good size bigger than the Saffron City venue.

btw so everyone knows to look out for it when I host it, the tourney will be called M-Fusion

Dr.Brawl

Smash Ace
I'm not too in touch with the melee community, however a good time to host it would be sometime in April, or May. It is nice to see a melee tournament, if it only it was a bit more north.

Talwind

Smash Cadet
Oh man, I'm so ready for these. I've been itchin to play a tourney in the same general area for a while. SOOOOO HYYYYYYPPPPEEEEEEEEEEDDDD

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
bout time lol

april has nojohns and saffron and pakman is holding something in may. apr24 and/or may(insert date) would prolly be ideal

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice
Would May 1st be good? I'm looking forward to going to the drexel campus event. It's going to be my first tournament. Play friendlies with me!

Eggm

Smash Hero
Yeah i've seen your commentaries. Not the ones on your page tho, but all your dual casts with deja. I'll have to checkout your channel sometime, but deja gets em up so fast. :) I have you both subscribed now. Nah lol I was only c- last season on iccup and i'm struggling to get to C- again this season. To be as good as I am at smash at SC i'd have to be korean and live there. Lol.

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice
we should play sometime. My best iccup rank is D+, but I never really had enough time to play more than 40ish games in a season. I'll definitely give you a shoutout in my next commentary.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Hey thanks for doing the playoffs between STX soul and woonjin. :) Watching now...

*spoilers*

Omg that reaver/shuttle play in set 1 was amazing by kal. Btw, what race you play vorosh?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Yes, I am. Have you seen my commentaries or did you google my name?
Oh man, are you as good at starcraft as you are at smash eggm?
O_o

More SC commentators I missed? *rages*

I gotta check out your commentaries. Can you gimme your youtube acc or whatever you use to upload your vids?

Definitely gotta check it out =3

Chibo - I think I can go if you make one in April sometime. Or late late May cuz May = finals month for me >_<

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice
sorry I abandoned the boards, I had 2 midterms in 2 days. Yeah, Jon747 misspells a lot, and I didn't notice when I went to look up his stats on TL. he thinks FroZean is FroZen.

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice
Eggm, I play Zerg and a little bit of protoss, though I play enough casual random to play any matchup except TvT and TvP with some competence.

Teczero, youtube.com/user/sc2ggvorosh
I'm front page on sc2gg, but other than that, no one has heard of me.

Top Bottom