• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chibi-Robo plugs into smash

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
i havent heard that rumour but im calling fake, i guess with the ballot there was probably loads of third party ideas and thats why we have such a large presence
I think it has something to do with Sakurai being a 3rd party himself, working with other 3rd parties to make the game. He just has a different idea of what Smash should be now, and the namesake of the series is too tempting for big 3rd party companies to turn down now.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think it has something to do with Sakurai being a 3rd party himself, working with other 3rd parties to make the game. He just has a different idea of what Smash should be now, and the namesake of the series is too tempting for big 3rd party companies to turn down now.
i do get the feeling that the last few third parties have been his own choices

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
i do get the feeling that the last few third parties have been his own choices
Well I'm pretty sure Simon was actually popular to an extent. He was always on the low end of the top 20's no matter where you looked. Kinda easy to sleep on, but if you're looking for a name like that, he'd stick out. Aside from that he's mentioned why he's picked characters like Ryu, and Cloud, and while I don't agree with the choices, they do make enough sense on their own, but they definitely didn't have anything to do with their own popularity, and were more of Sakurai trying to rep series he thought should have reps.

Personally I like 3rd parties, but they're getting a little nutty right now. I was always down for Bomberman, Geno, and Rayman, but right now it seems like there's no limit on who has a chance, which is a bit worrisome when you're a fan of an in-house character that isn't as big as a name comparatively, like Chibi Robo.

That being said, we've only got 2 new 3rd parties so far, 1 being and echo of the other, so maybe I'm overreacting.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well I'm pretty sure Simon was actually popular to an extent. He was always on the low end of the top 20's no matter where you looked. Kinda easy to sleep on, but if you're looking for a name like that, he'd stick out. Aside from that he's mentioned why he's picked characters like Ryu, and Cloud, and while I don't agree with the choices, they do make enough sense on their own, but they definitely didn't have anything to do with their own popularity, and were more of Sakurai trying to rep series he thought should have reps.

Personally I like 3rd parties, but they're getting a little nutty right now. I was always down for Bomberman, Geno, and Rayman, but right now it seems like there's no limit on who has a chance, which is a bit worrisome when you're a fan of an in-house character that isn't as big as a name comparatively, like Chibi Robo.

That being said, we've only got 2 new 3rd parties so far, 1 being and echo of the other, so maybe I'm overreacting.
well i wasnt thinking of cloud and ryu, i was referring to the belmonts and whats her face, im fine with third party franchises but when theres this many (and so many of them are games i dont play) and they get in way of characters like chibi its hard not to think theyve gone as you say a little nutty

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
well i wasnt thinking of cloud and ryu, i was referring to the belmonts and whats her face, im fine with third party franchises but when theres this many (and so many of them are games i dont play) and they get in way of characters like chibi its hard not to think theyve gone as you say a little nutty
Either way, I think the best thing rn is to just support the character. Seems like that's working as of now. Hopefully the ballot hit that sweet spot of Chibi Robo support that popped up after Zip Lash, and if not, hopefully Chibi is one of the next men up on people's lists. I think a lot of fans still prefer 1st parties over 3rd, so we got that going for us.

Jakisthe

Smash Cadet
Moveset ideas - a charge character in every sense of the word. Moves start out as quite weak.

• B: Pulls out a squirter and shoots a blast of water. Charge to increase range, damage, and speed of water up to 3x. CR can move during this, but cannot jump.
  • Side B: Pulls out a toothbrush and starts scrubbing the ground. Stays out as long as the B button is held, but can move side to side during that duration. This move can be "charged" by moving the stick back and forth, increasing damage by 25% every scrub, up to 3x. Release to move in the direction last pushed.
  • Up B: Deploys the Chibi-Copter. CR can now fly like Snake and his cypher, and although starts out a little slow, it has high horizontal acceleration. This damage enemies from below.
  • Down B: Plugs his plug into the ground and charges his battery meter. For every 1 second of charge, 10 points of battery. For every point of battery, he moves 1% faster, hits 1% harder (if attacks are at 100%, this is then 101%), and deals 1% more knockback. He loses battery points at a rate of 2 per second, and can charge for up to 4 seconds before topping off. Getting hit also reduces his battery by 0.5 a point for every % of damage dealt. Can move within 2 character lengths of the plug while it's charging, although getting knocked away from it while it's still plugged in drains all power.

Last edited:

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
I just had a dream that Chibi-Robo was accidentally leaked by Nintendo on the official Smash Bros. website.

This is the second time I've had a dream like this, it feels so stupid that i want a character so bad i'm actually dreaming about it happening.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I just had a dream that Chibi-Robo was accidentally leaked by Nintendo on the official Smash Bros. website.

This is the second time I've had a dream like this, it feels so stupid that i want a character so bad i'm actually dreaming about it happening.
ah we all have smash dreams

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Huh. Didn't know he got put in a fan-game.

I loved the first Chibi-Robo, I have a real soft-spot for the character.

It's too bad Nintendo just can't handle his series properly.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
Zip Lash wasn't very good but still Chibi Robo would make a great addition to Smash so add me to the supporters list!

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
I'll always support Chibi-Robo. Been wanting the lil guy in Smash for years now. His chances still don't seem that likely, but I'll keep at it either way. Love the games, and would be super excited for him to show up in an official Smash game.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'll always support Chibi-Robo. Been wanting the lil guy in Smash for years now. His chances still don't seem that likely, but I'll keep at it either way. Love the games, and would be super excited for him to show up in an official Smash game.
care to be on our support list?

PlasmaSnow12

Smash Cadet
I absolutely support Chibi-Robo, I think he'd be a fantastic character, and hopefully could spark a proper sequel to the original actually being sold in the US.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
finally some reconision for chibi beyond just a trophy, that costume looks awesome

boy i hope the spirit doesnt make his dlc odd even worse

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

HOW

Also, that Game & Watch Kirby is a reference to the Smogglobs from Park Patrol. I can't believe this.

How did I get Dark Samus AND Chibi-Robo (kinda)?!?!

Last edited:

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
this direct was painful... yet acceptable for me.

as much as i wanted Chibi-Robo as a playable character on his own, a Mii Costume and a Spirit are great representation for the character, and I can live with it. the costume looks great too! I'll probably actually use it on occasion.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I LOVE that we got the Mii costume! Can't wait to.make him - the Chibi Blaster looks great! Congrats, guys! Chibi Robo was my big Brawl want but we got SOMETHING, and that pleases me.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

HOW

Also, that Game & Watch Kirby is a reference to the Smogglobs from Park Patrol. I can't believe this.

How did I get Dark Samus AND Chibi-Robo (kinda)?!?!
You didn't

SkySkipper

Smash Rookie
So... I see it's Chibi-Robo's day on Rate Their Chances - the day of the game's release. If I were superstitious, I'd call that a good omen.
But anyways, be sure to go show your support.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
So... apparently Super Chibi-Robo is a Spirit. Forgot if he's considered a Legend or simply an Ace, though...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So... apparently Super Chibi-Robo is a Spirit. Forgot if he's considered a Legend or simply an Ace, though...
thats good to know, but i dont think the regular one evolves into it

edit: oh wait he does dont how i missed thing thats says he evolves at lv 99

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
thats good to know, but i dont think the regular one evolves into it

edit: oh wait he does dont how i missed thing thats says he evolves at lv 99
Oh, OK. I was wondering what that was all about. I mean, aren't Chibi-Robo and Super Chibi-Robo the same person?

Say, does Chibi-Robo even have a Spirit Battle for that matter?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Oh, OK. I was wondering what that was all about. I mean, aren't Chibi-Robo and Super Chibi-Robo the same person?

Say, does Chibi-Robo even have a Spirit Battle for that matter?
i would assume so but i got mine through my amiibo and just evolved him into super chibi

Top Bottom