• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chibi-Robo plugs into smash

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Chibi-robo is one of top wanted characters for smash

this little guy is the start of five games and has fought enemies in a multitude of ways, from shooting with his blaster, smacking them with his spoon (which acts as a spade) to spining his plug around like a whip this little robot can do plenty in smash

he may end up being the smallest fighter in smash but he could take on the biggest foes

support list
fogbadge
Cutie Gwen
Yomi's Biggest Fan
ZestyN
Jason the Yoshi
Aussie the Naturist
Arcadenik
Kirbeh
Sabrewulf238
ryuu seika
NATGamer
Sir Gengar de Ectoplasma
P.Kay
Crap-Zapper
PreedReve
Tonydrake
Originality
DakotaBonez
pupNapoleon
zack4812
slambros
Drclaw411
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Onyx Oblivian
merchantofsalt
Phoebee
Sailor Waddle Dee
EricTheGamerman
Kevandre
smileMasky
Enchess
Nintenzilla Reboot
JomSpoons
YoshiAndToad
Jetsurge
Imadethistoseealeak
Dalek_Kolt
RosaPeach
MBRedboy31
verysleepywolf
smashkirby
SEGAGameBoy
GoodGrief741
Diem
Lisbon Mapping
Mastermiine
SunnyDust
SuperNintendoKid
VillagerX3
wavesorcerer14
mybodyisridley
SkySkipper
TheFVguy
Zoljinx_
TreeBranch
rcp24
ChaosSharpedo
Fane
Nauzgo
MojoRobo
Pokelego999
xzx
ninjahmos
ahemtoday
thethingamajigrayman
otoad64
doc-monocle

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Yeah I support. One of those characters I was surprised didn't make it in during the opening phase of Smash 4 inclusions. Tbh I'm kinda worried he missed his chance like Starfy, but I was wrong A LOT last time so I have faith I'll be wrong this time too.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I matter the odds, I still want Chibi Robo.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I support Chibi-Robo. I liked Zip Lash except for the level select screen (that was dumb). I just wish that Nintendo made Chibi-Robo amiibo compatible with more games besides Zip Lash.

As a matter of fact, I don't like how Nintendo makes amiibo that's compatible with only one or two games (looking at Animal Crossing amiibo and Chibi-Robo amiibo).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I support Chibi-Robo. I liked Zip Lash except for the level select screen (that was dumb). I just wish that Nintendo made Chibi-Robo amiibo compatible with more games besides Zip Lash.

As a matter of fact, I don't like how Nintendo makes amiibo that's compatible with only one or two games (looking at Animal Crossing amiibo and Chibi-Robo amiibo).
imagine if the chibi amiibo was compatible with AC a chibi-robo villager would be cool

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
What's everyone's thoughts on Chibi robo's kit in Smash Flash 2? I like it, it's what made me a supporter.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I too support Chibi-Robo. Wish he'd get a proper sequel though. I actually haven't played any of his games, but I know Zip Lash was a huge departure from the original concept and left a sour taste in the mouths of lots of Chibi-Robo fans.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What's everyone's thoughts on Chibi robo's kit in Smash Flash 2? I like it, it's what made me a supporter.
It's actually well thought out. They've included every possible good tool for him to use, mostly from the first game. The specials are fine and well though out, even if one of them is practically a non-lethal Villager's pocket. Everyone thought a certain teddy bear would be his Final Smash. But nope, it's ****ing Giga Robo. Makes me actually want to play the game again, whenever we get the next Beta.

If only Sakurai's interpretation would be close enough, even if animating Telly next to him might be too much.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'd love to see him playable....or at the very least as an assist trophy.

It does seem like his franchise has been struggling. I really think they should go back to the original gamecube gameplay, I think it would be received a lot better these days. (plus if they release gamecube games on Switch virtual console he could get a boost, since I'd imagine there's loads of people who never played the original...I mean I haven't played it either)

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
I played the crap out of the original Chibi-Robo on Gamecube and it is still one of my favorite titles on the system to this day. The only other game in the series I've played is Photo Finder and that game got very boring quickly. I really want to check out Zip Lash despite everyone writing it off as another generic platformer. I wanted Chibi-Robo in Smash 4 from the very beginning and being included in the Smash for Switch is just what he needs to save his franchise from dying and to make the series much more popular. Also, here is an interesting retrospective on the series as a whole
(I know it seems super negative, but it points out why the series isn't as popular as it could be and how the series can change to benefit itself).

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I played the crap out of the original Chibi-Robo on Gamecube and it is still one of my favorite titles on the system to this day. The only other game in the series I've played is Photo Finder and that game got very boring quickly. I really want to check out Zip Lash despite everyone writing it off as another generic platformer. I wanted Chibi-Robo in Smash 4 from the very beginning and being included in the Smash for Switch is just what he needs to save his franchise from dying and to make the series much more popular. Also, here is an interesting retrospective on the series as a whole
(I know it seems super negative, but it points out why the series isn't as popular as it could be and how the series can change to benefit itself).
It's been a while since I've seen a Hadeox video, can't believe I missed this one given that it's about Chibi-Robo. He sums it up pretty well though, the circumstances of the series are pretty grim. Unfortunately it seems like a lot of GBA/GC era series seem to have been abandoned. Chibi-Robo, Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Custom Robo...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Haedox is more critical than negative, if you get what I'm saying. But he does prove some good points regarding the state of Chibi Robo regardless.

By the way, anyone unlocked the Desk stage in Super Smash Flash 2? It's easily the most faithful representation of Chibi Robo in one stage. If only that were in Smash.

P.Kay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
plenty.kay
3DS FC
3153-8243-0352
I really like Chibi-Robo. I've only ever played Zip-lash but I am enjoying it, I also got the amiibo with the game and it's really cute!

I'm quite surprised he isn't in Smash, he has a huge variety of moves and could have some cool alt colours. If he does get into Smash I will definitely pick him up. The only issue that may affect his chance of getting into Smash is how the series is going, it doesn't appear to be super-popular and the original Gamecube game is better than Zip-lash from what I've seen of it (I had a look at it, it even has better ratings).

I think Chibi-Robo is a very unique Nintendo character and he would be a very cute addition to Smash.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Someone should fix the bio, and fully fledge out on this character.
If Super Smash Flash 2 thought me anything, it was that Chibi-Robo is fun, full of potential, and is made for Smash.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Someone should fix the bio, and fully fledge out on this character.
If Super Smash Flash 2 thought me anything, it was that Chibi-Robo is fun, full of potential, and is made for Smash.
Yep. He's so fun to play in that game and worthy of being my main.

Imagine how Sakurai would be able to adapt him. If he would ignore how much his latest game bombed.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I know right? Running around as a tiny robot, whipping others whit a cable tail. Love it.
Theres plenty of things to do! I'd love to see him make a epic entrance.

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Bumping this thread up again. Chibi Robo has always been my most wanted character in Smash, and I'm sad that he still hasn't made it in. He boasts an impressive track record, and it would help bring his series back into the forefront.

For a moveset, I would want him to have a unique gimmick. He would be able to plug in to the ground, tethering him to the stage. This would power up his moves, while greatly reducing his mobility. His plug would be a hit-box separate from his body that he would have to guard to avoid being sent flying. It would be something that Smash has never had before, and would warrant his spot in the roster. I'm hopeful for his chances, but he's not a shoe-in. I would love to see him make the jump into Smash.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Bumping this thread up again. Chibi Robo has always been my most wanted character in Smash, and I'm sad that he still hasn't made it in. He boasts an impressive track record, and it would help bring his series back into the forefront.

For a moveset, I would want him to have a unique gimmick. He would be able to plug in to the ground, tethering him to the stage. This would power up his moves, while greatly reducing his mobility. His plug would be a hit-box separate from his body that he would have to guard to avoid being sent flying. It would be something that Smash has never had before, and would warrant his spot in the roster. I'm hopeful for his chances, but he's not a shoe-in. I would love to see him make the jump into Smash.
hmm its an interesting idea but tethering yourself to the one spot sounds like something that would backfire

there could be a way to include his need to charge but i got no ideas beyond maybe using it as a similar special to the wii fit trainer's deep breathing

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Smash for Switch!
And you know what that means, Chibi-Robo for Smash Bros on Switch. It's the perfect opportunity.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
I support Chibi-Robo for Smash.
I really hope Nintendo gives the little guy another shot at a game but this time, make it feel like an actual Chibi-Robo game and not a generic platformer. Even the 3DS camera game felt more like a Chibi-Robo game then Zip Lash.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Chibi Robo Lashes Into The Competition.

Now this will be fun. I've missed these days.

Tonydrake

Smash Apprentice
Chibi Robo is currently one of my most wanted characters. He's so cute and coud offer such a special and unique moveset

I think he has a high chance after his new 3DS game and Amiibo figure. Please Sakurai, make it happen!

Originality

Smash Journeyman
I'll absolutely support Chibi-Robo. Little guy deserves all the love he can get.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Chib-Robo was my number one choice for the Smash4 roster.
Smash Flash 2 proved how fun and unique a character like Chibo could be.

A common argument is that this character is "too small" for smash.
Hopefully we won't hear this anymore now that ant-sized characters like Olimar have fought alongside titans like Bowser. Character's sizes can be adjusted for this game.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I doubt size would be an issue when Chibi Robo is at least proportionate compared to Ridley (though his cord length would need to be shortened).

I still support him, even if the future of his series is uncertain.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Chibi Robo is the character that I felt was kicked out due to Fire Emblem #6 (Corrin).
Yet maybe the Chibi Robo in flames posted before the earlier non-direct in the year, is a big hint.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Chibi Robo is the character that I felt was kicked out due to Fire Emblem #6 (Corrin).
Yet maybe the Chibi Robo in flames posted before the earlier non-direct in the year, is a big hint.
Oh ****, you just may be on to something there.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Chibi Robo is one of my most wanted newcomers. To be fair, I have a bunch of most wanted, but he would bring another series and another adorable character to the game.

Can someone link me to the Fire Chibi photo? Maybe we can look at the fire and make unnecessary conjecture.

Top Bottom