• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chell from Portal would make an excellent addition to the Smash roster

+PLUS+

Smash Rookie
Look, I know this will never happen, but if Chell from Portal was DLC, I’d never play another character again. She would be pretty quick and have a Falco-like jump height. Her weight would be similar to Lucina’s. Obviously, the mechanics of the aperture science handheld portal device would have to be altered. Portals would have to appear in a manner similar to Bayonetta’s rather than relying on a white portal-supporting surface. I imagine that some of her special attacks would make use of the portal gun, and perhaps some smashes would too.

Here’s a quick breakdown of what I imagine her moveset would be like:

Specials:

Neutral-B:

Sentry Turret*:

Chell places a sentry turret in front of her, which says, “target acquired,” and fires at opponents for a second or two.

*There’s a chance that Wheatley will spawn instead. Wheatley can’t move. He doesn’t stop talking. He can be thrown.

Down-B:

Storage/Companion Cube:

Storage cube comes out 85% of the time. It is a heavy object with lots of knockback, and is dropped like Villager’s ball. Companion cube is spawned 15% of the time. Deals even more damage and knockback. It’s stupid strong and people will call for nerfs.

Side-B:

Portal:

Chell Shoots one portal directly in front of herself, horizontally and at ground height. And shoots a second portal a set distance away, perhaps a distance equivalent to piranha plant’s fully charged down-b when he’s tipped over. The second portal’s orientation, though, would be dependent on the direction you press immediately after initiating the side-b.

When facing right, holding right would place the second portal vertically at the set distance. It would be roughly the same height as Chell. Chell or any items entering the horizontal portal at her feet, would emerge from the second portal’s right side horizontally - so feet first. (This could lead to situations in which one could potentially dair through the portal, right into the opponent’s face. Dropping the Companion cube in would be classic.)

Pressing up after initiating side-b would place the second portal horizontally at floor height. Chell and/or items would emerge upwards from the ground.

Pressing down after initiating side-b would place the second portal horizontally at a height about as high as the highest platform in Battlefield. Chell/items would emerge downwards.

Portals would remain active until they were canceled by the next portal gun using move. Other characters can move through them.

Up B:

Recovery Portal:

Chell shoots a portal a small distance beneath her feet and another far above her, and falls in.

Regular attacks:

Dash attack:

Propulsion Gel slide:

Chell slides like Simon/Richter. Sprays orange propulsion gel on the ground just in front of her. One of the fastest dash attacks in the game. Propulsion gel lasts for some time, like inkling’s ink. Everyone is sped up by it.

Neutral A:

Jab:

Run of the mill jab and multi-jab.

Up-tilt:

Uppercut:

Self explanatory

Down-tilt:

Poke:

She ducks down and kicks the opponent’s ankle.

Forward/back tilt:

Roundhouse kick:

Self explanatory

Smashes:

Forward/Back Smash:

Chell swings Wheatley like a kettlebell. Can be angled forward, diagonally upward, or diagonally downward. Decent knockback

Down smash:

Portal Drop Smash:

Chell shoots a portal at just above head height directly in front of her then jumps in a cool way and shoots another portal beneath herself. She falls through the portal and strikes the opponent from above.

Up smash:

Portal Dash:

Chell places an orange portal directly in front of her (let’s imagine she’s facing right) and a blue one above her head. She crouches and does a leaping flip through the orange portal which sends her flying upwards feet first through the blue portal.

Aerials:

Neutral Air:

Kick:

It’s like Fox’s neutral air.

Down Air:

Down kick:

This would be as good as Melee Falco’s dair—Hitbox that stays out for an unreasonable amount of time, spikes, and has no sour spots

Forward Air:

Front flip:

You get it.

Back Air:

Backflip:

Yep

Up Air:

Idk:

Something that’s good for juggling

Final Smash:

Glados:

Glados tells everyone what good test subjects they’ve been and then owns them somehow.

Taunts:

Up Taunt:

The Cake is a...mazing!:

Chell holds a white plate with a slice of white cake in one hand and a fork in another. She takes a bite of a piece of the cake.

Left/Right Taunt:

Test Solved:

Chell places a Storage cube onto a big red button.

Down taunt:

Gravity:

Chell places an orange portal directly above her and a blue one beneath her. She falls through a couple times then shoots an orange portal onto the ground beside the blue one, causing her to pop out from the bottom of the stage.

Chell would be an extremely fun character. Please discuss.

Veggieburger_802

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7958-8584-9570
I like it! I imagine her Final Smash would involve GLaDOS flooding the enrichment center stage with a deadly neurotoxin. I like the idea that Wheatley would have a chance to appear instead of the turret, but I'd take it even further and give the other cores (morality, curiosity, intelligence, anger, space, adventure, fact) a much smaller chance of appearing. It would be kind of like Peach pulling a Bob-omb, except each one would be so rare that everyone would stop fighting for a few seconds to listen to all the funny stuff they'd say.

+PLUS+

Smash Rookie
I like it! I imagine her Final Smash would involve GLaDOS flooding the enrichment center stage with a deadly neurotoxin. I like the idea that Wheatley would have a chance to appear instead of the turret, but I'd take it even further and give the other cores (morality, curiosity, intelligence, anger, space, adventure, fact) a much smaller chance of appearing. It would be kind of like Peach pulling a Bob-omb, except each one would be so rare that everyone would stop fighting for a few seconds to listen to all the funny stuff they'd say.
Yeah, these are some great ideas! Chell Clan 4 Life

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
I'd prefer Gordon for a Valve rep, but Chell would still be awesome. Support!

GrantVsZombies

Smash Rookie
NNID
GrantVsZombies
Switch FC
4191-5519-7802
Hello! So, I very much appreciate your enthusiasm for Chell in Smash, and I'm glad to see you've put some of your ideas out for the character! I'm right with you in hoping she'll appear in Smash someday.

However, there is something I wanted to talk to you about... see, as fate would have it, you posted this Chell thread only three hours before I posted mine! Here is a link to the one I made. I finished mine up just last night, and I had been working on it for a little less than a week when it finally got done. Now, I'm sure you also put work into this thread, but for the purposes of discussion, would you perhaps consider merging this thread into mine? I think it would be best for all support of this character (which is still a bit niche in the Smash community at the moment) to be centralized in one place.

Anyway, that's all I really had to say. Like I said, I appreciate your support, and I understand if you'd like to keep this thread. Thanks!

+PLUS+

Smash Rookie
Hello! So, I very much appreciate your enthusiasm for Chell in Smash, and I'm glad to see you've put some of your ideas out for the character! I'm right with you in hoping she'll appear in Smash someday.

However, there is something I wanted to talk to you about... see, as fate would have it, you posted this Chell thread only three hours before I posted mine! Here is a link to the one I made. I finished mine up just last night, and I had been working on it for a little less than a week when it finally got done. Now, I'm sure you also put work into this thread, but for the purposes of discussion, would you perhaps consider merging this thread into mine? I think it would be best for all support of this character (which is still a bit niche in the Smash community at the moment) to be centralized in one place.

Anyway, that's all I really had to say. Like I said, I appreciate your support, and I understand if you'd like to keep this thread. Thanks!
Right on, man. I can see you put a lot of work into your thread. I only put like an hour’s worth of thought into mine lol. I’d be happy to merge my thread into yours, but I’m new to the forum and don’t know how. Let me know and I’ll do it. Cool ideas. Peace.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Right on, man. I can see you put a lot of work into your thread. I only put like an hour’s worth of thought into mine lol. I’d be happy to merge my thread into yours, but I’m new to the forum and don’t know how. Let me know and I’ll do it. Cool ideas. Peace.
Easiest way is just copy-paste your ideas onto the other thread and ask the mods to lock this one, I'd assume.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Easiest way is just copy-paste your ideas onto the other thread and ask the mods to lock this one, I'd assume.
You could just ask the mods to merge them directly.

Top Bottom