• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Checklist of Bowser for beginners?

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Sorry if this is somewhere obvious, and I've missed it! I'd love to master Bowser in this game, but I'm totally new to competitive Smash, and at a loss as to where to start, having being destroyed one too many times on the Ladder. There's a lot to take in here, and I only have so much time to learn it, so I was hoping there'd be a checklist of things I could practice in order to improve? Especially since netplay isn't always an option for me.

Ideally PLEASE don't post any videos! I don't have time to watch them through, and most of the time, my attention wanders when I watch them anyway. I prefer to learn via bitesize excercises and routines. Thanks for any help you can offer. All hail King Bowser!

Last edited:

Joak.

Smash Rookie
practice: wavelanding on stage and platforms, running towards ledge and hogging it with fortress, shorthop fast-fall aerials (with L-cancel), ledge jump into immediate waveland (fastest way to get on stage @under 100%), dropping from ledge into double jump into immediate Bair then re-grabbing ledge with up-b, down-b onto ledge from stage, jump cancel down-b, up-b out of shield, dash dance/fox trott. If you get all this then try doing wavelands into tilts.

Top Bottom