• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charizard Matchup Discussion - Mii Brawler

KylanAwesomepants

Smash Rookie
NNID
maelodic
Brawler here.

VS All brawlers.
Charizard tends to be easily caught up in brawler's combos and has significant issues landing. Brawler will not have any issues punishing Charizard either, and playing the footsies game with him causes victory. Hard matchup for Charizard, as he won't be able to keep up with brawler. The range/disjointed moves Charizard has is his best hope.

VS 2122 or 2132
He is easily caught in helicopter kick or piston punch, but can also punish feint jump harder than most other characters with OOS usmash.

VS 1111
Charizard is slow and big enough to get hit a bunch by shotput, and will have a hard time weaving around them. His recovery is also easily challenged by head on assault, which will result in Charizard's death. Nevermind, tested this. It can challenge fly near the end, but not flare blitz. It's also difficult to challenge fly. The only thing charizard needs to watch out for when facing 1111 brawler while recovering is rar down b if he's near the outside of the ledge.

All in all- I think brawler wins the matchup, but brawlers who don't know the matchup will struggle due to Charizard's range and disjoint.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Brawler here.

VS All brawlers.
Charizard tends to be easily caught up in brawler's combos and has significant issues landing. Brawler will not have any issues punishing Charizard either, and playing the footsies game with him causes victory. Hard matchup for Charizard, as he won't be able to keep up with brawler. The range/disjointed moves Charizard has is his best hope.

VS 2122 or 2132
He is easily caught in helicopter kick or piston punch, but can also punish feint jump harder than most other characters with OOS usmash.

VS 1111
Charizard is slow and big enough to get hit a bunch by shotput, and will have a hard time weaving around them. His recovery is also easily challenged by head on assault, which will result in Charizard's death. Charizard will have a really hard time recovering against 1111.

All in all- I think brawler wins the matchup, but brawlers who don't know the matchup will struggle due to Charizard's range and disjoint.
Wait, how does head on assault edge guard Flare Blitz or Fly?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
That's due to the super armor it has.

I've played this match-up all of once in a money match last weekend so I got nothing other than Piston Punch is hella silly, Zard is combo bait and you gotta slow down against Brawler to do well.

Other than that...uhhh idk, I'd need to ask a dedicated Mii main to help me learn against them with all movesets.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
@AEMehr

We played a few matches a long time ago.

What did you think as Brawler?

Top Bottom