• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charizard Matchup Discussion - Lucas

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Only played this a few times but I think this is +1 Lucas.

Both characters can get good damage off of hits and Charizard lives for quite a while but Lucas gets better mileage off comboes and his zoning game gives him an advantage on Charizard.

Berni_Alt

Smash Apprentice
I also think its +1 for lucas, because charizard has to come in to do some damage on lucas but lucas his zoning game is pretty good wich makes it hard for him to get in close range.
charizard is also pretty heavy wich makes it very easy for lucas to combo him.

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
Edgeguarding Lucas is fun as Zard. You can keep a Lucas offstage for a good minute just with flamethrower alone.

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
you can go past it if you dont go up when you use rope snake, so that technique is not full proof if the lucas player thinks about it.
Flamethrower can reach Luca's rope swing arc and will still hit him

Carotoking

Smash Rookie
NNID
sogeking021
I recently lost to a lucas in my scene who just destroyed me with only pkfire and zair. I just couldn't get closer and got nervous. Any tips on how to deal with them if they start the zoning game?

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
I recently lost to a lucas in my scene who just destroyed me with only pkfire and zair. I just couldn't get closer and got nervous. Any tips on how to deal with them if they start the zoning game?
Shield and play super defensively until you can bait him into coming near you

Top Bottom