• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charizard Matchup Discussion - Duck Hunt

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Luco Luco

Way back in the old days we had some :4charizard:vs:4duckhunt: fights.

What did you think of them?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh my goodness, this MU. :O

I remember us having these matches but I don't remember enough of the specifics to be able to give the best competitive input. Asked around though and here's some stuff off the top of my head to consider / think about:

- Respecting can takes work. Dunno how reliable jab is on it but flare blitz does so little for so much pain in this MU. :p
- Doggie is bad offstage. Chad should be able to edge-guard it easily.
- Doggie's juggling game is a thing, that needs to be respected.

Sorry I can't remember specifics. :'(

Last edited:

CAN-ACTION

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2019-9877-0866
I play Duck hunt on the side, but have not faced too many Charizards. I think it's a 55:45, in Charizard's favor. All my opinion.

I zone Charizard a lot, mostly because he has good range of attacks. But when I get in I can do some combos/follow-ups more, considering his weight. Though a threat to DH is the Flamethrower because it overrides all of my projectiles, but I still have down special to rely on to zone, but it's not really much. I can cancel Flare Flitz easily with all of my projectiles. But he is really damn hard to kill. Charizard probably leads slightly in this match up- as with all bigger foes, comes with trouble KO'ing, and it doesn't help that rage is a factor, too. And since Duck Hunt is a bit lighter, he can be KO'd much earlier.

And Charizard's nair, is a fine move against DH.

Top Bottom