GRimer
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
NNID
Swampasaur
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Luco Luco

Way back in the old days we had some :4charizard:vs:4duckhunt: fights.

What did you think of them?

Luco

Smash Hero
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
NNID
dracilus
Oh my goodness, this MU. :O

I remember us having these matches but I don't remember enough of the specifics to be able to give the best competitive input. Asked around though and here's some stuff off the top of my head to consider / think about:

- Respecting can takes work. Dunno how reliable jab is on it but flare blitz does so little for so much pain in this MU. :p
- Doggie is bad offstage. Chad should be able to edge-guard it easily.
- Doggie's juggling game is a thing, that needs to be respected.

Sorry I can't remember specifics. :'(

Last edited:

CAN-ACTION

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2019-9877-0866
I play Duck hunt on the side, but have not faced too many Charizards. I think it's a 55:45, in Charizard's favor. All my opinion.

I zone Charizard a lot, mostly because he has good range of attacks. But when I get in I can do some combos/follow-ups more, considering his weight. Though a threat to DH is the Flamethrower because it overrides all of my projectiles, but I still have down special to rely on to zone, but it's not really much. I can cancel Flare Flitz easily with all of my projectiles. But he is really damn hard to kill. Charizard probably leads slightly in this match up- as with all bigger foes, comes with trouble KO'ing, and it doesn't help that rage is a factor, too. And since Duck Hunt is a bit lighter, he can be KO'd much earlier.

And Charizard's nair, is a fine move against DH.