• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Charity Auction by Tafokints

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Have stuff lying around? Maybe, it'll be a good time to whip them out and sell them.

For me, personally I will be putting these up as FURTHER INCENTIVE

Whoever gives the largest donation on 1/25/2013 will get this shipped to them:

Beats Tour by. Dr. Dre (retails at $149.99)!

Come on let's go!

Scar

#HarveyDent
subscribing / bumping - apparently this is the top donator of today (1/25) and i bet tafo would include multiple donations from teh same person

Gea

Smash Master
Great idea, run it how you want, but I want to stress that overall for these things that sometimes it encourages people who can't donate as much if there's say a $20 minimum and you raffle it off. People have different incomes. I don't think all incentives need to be done this way, and these can be something that goes to the top donation of the night, I just want everyone generously giving incentives to keep this in mind.

That said, very nice and I know more than a few people would love to have these. Props and respect for donating them.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Just a thought, but I think it would be more beneficial to offer these headphones in a separate auction or through a raffle. You've gotta think that whoever is going to donate the most money won't add anymore for these headphones. Our biggest donators probably have a set amount that they plan on donating in the first place and whoever does make the most will probably just see this as an extra incentive to donate what they were already planning. If we were to have this auction through something else, we'd likely be able to start a bidding war and jack up the donations even more. But hey, it's just an idea.

Also, I have a $25 itunes gift card that I haven't redeemed yet. I'm also pretty sure that I have a couple Humble Bundle games that I haven't used the steam codes for since I already owned them. I'll have to check what I have but do you think that would warrant a new thread? Basically, if people are willing to show that they've donated a certain amount through a PM, we will send them the steam codes or itunes codes for free. (Whatever the price is, have them add an extra $0.33 to prove that it's a new donation. Cuz 33 is the best number ever.)

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Good Ideas. I'm raffling off more goodies later in the week and will take your idea into consideration for the other ones. Since I've already published this one, I'm going to stick to it for this time.

Top Bottom