• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Completed Charged Aerials

BrassMonkey

Smash Cadet

Inspired by MagicScrumpy's 'Chargeable Aerials' video.
I couldn't find this mod so I made it myself!

--DOWNLOAD LINK--

--xdelta.patch Link--

How did you do it?
With the help of this guide. I was able to add space to the character's aerials so I could add a 'Start Smash Charge' subaction. There's probably an easier way to do this in HSDraw but I just did it this way.

How did you balance?
I prioritized starting the smash charge when the character would logically do it IRL (For example, Marth's Fair starts charging the moment his sword arm stops reeling back.) Fox and Falco's Up-Air was a bit tricky. They start charging pretty early compared to when the hitboxes come out.

Does it work online?
I haven't tested this. Chargeable aerials could cause desyncs but in theory it should work. This does not work in matchmaking of course.

There are two G&W files?
Since G&W's Up-Air, Bair, and Nair aren't technically aerials they act a bid weird. I included two versions. The 'All Aerials' version has every aerial chargeable. BUT... If you charge the Up-Air, Bair, or Nair, the hitbox won't come out at all. The 'Fair & Dair' version is self explanatory.

Can I change some things?
Sure! You can edit the DAT files in HSDraw or Open your modded ISO in Crazy Hand. Make sure to follow this guide if you want to add or free up space.

Anything else I should know?
Pikachu and Pichu's Dair hitbox will come out even if you land while charging. Not sure why it does this but its kinda cool. On rare occasions I've been sent flying after what I think was a clank, not sure if the game can handle charged aerials, there could be some new glitches. Fox and Falco's Up-Air are probably the only things that worries me as I don't play these characters, so the charge could feel wonky. I'm pretty satisfied with 95% of the cast's chargeable aerials.

Last edited:

HNC

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
HNC#570
this is so sick i rlly want to see what combos are possible now. i feel like falco and puff would benefit the most so thats scary

BrassMonkey

Smash Cadet
I've noticed that it opens the door for new combo options since the hitstun is longer if you charge the aerial.
Like a charged stomp from falcon will true combo into falcon punch. 😭

Top Bottom