• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charge Beam Combos

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Hey I'm here asking for some combos that end with the charge beam. I know that an useful one is Dthrowing space animals and then tech chasing them with a charge beam. What others?

pressthebutton

Smash Apprentice
uthrow to chargeshot works on space animals also.
dthrow to chargeshot on shiek.
missle cancel to chargeshot.
tech chasing anyone with a charge shot works, although thats so general and vague u cant really call it a combo.
ftilt to chargeshot if theyre not paying attention?

i dont think samus is really geared towards building up combos ending with chargeshots, although theyre always nice. if u watch vids of pros, they dont usually end up using combos that end in chargeshots, because theyre watching for how their opponent DI's and how to react and whatnot. chargeshots, at least the way i use em, are more for punishing ur opponents for being over-aggresive or for teching wrong.

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
whenever i've had fantasies of really amazing combos while relaxing in my lilac bubblebath i've always imagined them ending in dtilt to chargeshot. i'm not sure if that actually works cause i've never had a chance to try it but if it did work...well...all i can say is falco better get a new job.

also i've pulled off uair to chargeshot (not in my dreams), its not a real combo because they're not in hitlag from the uair anymore but if they don't ahve their jump they would have to wiggle out of tumbling then airdodge to dodge it and thats pretty tough.

Sudai

Stuff here
UAir without hitting the final hit it good for it if they're high enough in the air and are expecting to be hit by the last hit.

Other than that, the Charged Shot is just a punisher for a miss-spaced attack, bad roll, any other laggy things they shouldn't do. My personal favorite is Link's standing Up-B since if it hits the shield the rest of the attack won't hit you.

Corigames

Smash Hero
If you can: Down throw to charge shot works if they don't tech, otherwise it will probably miss.
You could also try smashing (fsmash I guess) them away, turn around, SWD behind them and blast 'em.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
And it doesn't work at all if they know how to DI or CC.

cllzzrd

Smash Apprentice
i use the MC charge shot. it is a great finisher move, especially when your opponent knows there is nothing they can do to avoid it. I also ledgehop, shoot a missle, land on the edge, then shoot the charge. it may take a while, but it gets the people that I play with almost every time.

comoesa

Smash Cadet
hmmm ive connected a charge shot of fthrow charge shot do a k.o before

in just use the charge shot for punishing and some times for playing mind games with a person who has a high percentage

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
You'll be surprised how many moves will connect to a charge shot when you steal your opponent's 2nd jump.
I also love to shoot it above them when they still have their jump, if they are jump-happy. For instance, this works great on Ganons on the ground.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm not a Samus player, but a d-throw to a fully charged shot works almost every single time. It's a simple, yet very effective combo.

Unless they tech.

Deveyus

Smash Cadet
No NO NO!!! Thy'll find me if I tell you.
provided you can get it in ledge-hopped Uair can lead to a charge shot sometimes, emphasis on sometimes.

It feels like this has been asked before but I can't seem to find it, however, like most people said, the chargeshot is a punisher, if you opponent is doing something stupid, (rolls, techs wierd, or comes back above the edge of the level).

gamefreak2006

Smash Cadet
I like using the charged shot when people are messing around on the ledge while I'm bomb jumping. It's not a sure thing, and if it works once, it will never work again. But it looks amazing :chuckle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKhuR3t-cUU

It happens around one minute in the vid. After that I start to suck, but still squeak out the win.
The commentary does contain some language, but It's pretty funny.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
3 good ones not mentioned.

lay a bomb above, but just off the ledge so it drops and hits their recovery and it should pop them up (if they are floaty) so you can get a charged shot off.

also, a non definate hit, but an awesome combo (especially on spacies) is a fsmash them off the level -> full hop neutral air them while off the level -> charged shot right away if they are heavy and low%, or jump then release the charged shot. if it works, they should be off the screen as they get hit by it.

a more definate combo that I'm surprised no one mentioned is the l-canceled Dair, the fade away jump charge shot. or if they are heavy just shoot them.

Wow, great shot on the video above gamefreak, that must've felt so good.

comoesa

Smash Cadet
just got move your hands quick...^

also it depends on thier percentage and weight

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
I like using the charged shot when people are messing around on the ledge while I'm bomb jumping. It's not a sure thing, and if it works once, it will never work again. But it looks amazing :chuckle:

It happens around one minute in the vid. After that I start to suck, but still squeak out the win.
i've done that

Corigames

Smash Hero
SA-X duplicates don't work together? Pride or something like that? I'm the one who was in the secret lab and got caught in the explosion... **** metroids... but I somehow surived. Smash Bro. welcomed me in and said that I could stay as long as I fought. If I could survive that, you should be no problem brother.

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
rofl weird^ O_o

Yeah I like to shoot people when I'm recovering near the ledge before I grab it or something. GET THEM WHILE THEY ARE RECOVERING!!!! Drop off the stage and ****. Works good on marths with missles too.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I stage spiked an edgeguarding shiek today with a charge beam on FoD. I recovered with the grpple>wall jump> up B thing. It was very nice.

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Thanks for the suggestions. =D Against space animals sometimes when they are low on % I use dsmash to get them offstage and then wait for them to jump and intercept them with a Charge Shot. It works well when they are not expecting it, and most of the times it ends their stocks quickly.

soap

Smash Hero

I cant believe he didnt tech that, what a nub!

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
What ive figured out is that u cant really do combos with a charge beam at the end... its just too difficult:/
And most ppl ive seen only do it after grabs or freely.

Top Bottom