• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you want in Smash Switch to make others happy.

D

Deleted member

Lyn because she's been a character that has essentialy become a series icon to (not to the levels of Marth of course) appearing in modern Fe Crossovers like Warriors and Heroes where she got a whole lot of attention and i feel sympathy for her fans since she has been requested since Brawl.

Also Toad because he's ****ing TOAD, there's no reason to not have him playable when you got Yoshi who suffers from the same indentity issues as Toad. At the very least you could include Captain Toad.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Ridley's fans deserve it already honestly. As a fan of a character who's been kept to a NPC role too I really do sympathise with that fanbase. Hopefully if he is in Sakurai does him justice after all these years.

Isaac mostly because I know some supporters who are cool and as much as I like Mario Tennis, it'd be great if Camelot got the chance to make their series on occasion again.

For the sake of Bluepikmin who throws himself deep in the Smash speculation I'm hoping at least one of his more unusual choices make it with Nook and Prince Sable being my preferred options. I'd choose Isabelle but I'm behind her too.

Prior to last week Chibi-Robo would have been on my list too, but I err...played his Zip Lash game and now I'm a converted Robo supporter too.
Actually now I think about it... a lot of my now supports came from second hand hype from others; Bandana Dee and Dixie being the biggest examples, but since playing their games I'm now a fan of them too.

Edit: Tord just reminded me: Lyn. She's the most popular Fire Emblem character and easily trumps everyone not called Ike in that department. Put her in already. The fans waited patiently!

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Ridley, easily. At least K. Rool doesn't get as much hate and he's next to happening after Ridley anyway. Its just fair game.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Sheeeesh.

One of my closest friend, he got 2 characters as his most want;
1. Krystal from Star Fox. He had Adventure on his GC and have been asking for her ever since. I know more people asking for her, and that her best shot was back at Brawl, but for them I'd like to see her, but personally, I prefer Wolf.

2. Banjo & Kazooie, another game he had back on the N64, and while they have been in Microsoft hell, he still held out optimistic about their inclusion, and for that determination, I'd like to see them added for their fans, I know it's been a struggle.

Ridley - While I've opened more for Ridley in later times, I still don't hold a specific attatchment for him. I respect his role as a Metroid villain, and one of Nintendo's most notorious villains in general, and it would be nice to see him for more Metroid, and for the fans of his which have suffered all these years. I think I would like to see him myself, but he is not one of those I die to see, personally.

Paper Mario. I really did not like the idea of yet another Mario as Doc returned for Smash 4, but I know PM is different, and that he would bring something unique, but I just can't be much bothered myself, but for the fans of Paper Mario, I'd like to see him added, I know they have been waiting patiently, and who knows, I might be surprised.

Anything from F-Zero. The fans have been left in the dust for too many years. Anything at this point would be great. Black Shadow, Samurai Goroh, even Blood Falcon as a clone character ...

I'm sure there are more, but those come to mind.

There are some I'll quickly mention, some that I'm also wanting personally, that I know the fans would be really glad to see!

King K. Rool & Dixie Kong. Long time fans of Donkey Kong knows the struggle.
Isaac from Golden Sun, would please the fans of Golden Sun more than one could imagine.
Lip, people who have played one of the Panel De Pon type of games have hold out for any recognition for their Lippy.
Geno. Perhaps a small vocal base, but a faithful one which have kept faith with them, it would be nice to see them smile.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I've always been happy for characters that I knew had a huge fanbase and I'm part of the many people who desperately want King K. Rool.

But, I want King K. Rool just so people will stop talking about him. I can't STAND how obsessed people are with him. "King K. Rool is the best character, he's the most deserving character, he's the most likely character," like it's starting to turn me off from the idea of having him that I worry if he doesn't get in this time, the hype will be gone for me.

Same goes for Waddle Dee. I want him and I also want people to shut up about him, but I'll be shocked if ever becomes a playable character.

Last edited:

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
For the timebeing, I would say the DK fans certainly should get a rep or two in the upcoming title. Despite having a hiatus of the mainstream DKC games for a while, the series has once again come back to life and it's time we get K. Rool, Dixie or even both imo. It's criminal as to how underrepresented the series is (perhaps throw in a Rambi/Funky/TF enemy as an assist trophy as well?).

I think Ridley goes without saying at this point. Supporting a character for years is something I can relate to, so I do hope this is Ridley's time to be revealed! I still recall the Melee reaction video as to when it was first revealed with fans going wild at the moment both Ridley and Samus came on screen during the opening of the game. Perhaps in anticipation for Ridley being possibly playable? Perhaps so.

Pretty much every veteran.

I got Lucas and Roy, so i'm personally set, minus Ivysaur, but there are plenty of people still left out in the rain like Wolf and Pichu fans.

Also Krystal. The fanbase is fine but damn does she get a lot of hate.
:061:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
It seems like this is the common response, but I've got to go with Ridley and K. Rool. Both of them are some of the most popular requests in recent years, and while I don't really need them personally, they've got so many fans that would be so happy to get them in!

In terms of a less common one, I'll go with Lip! I want Arle more myself, and the two of them get compared in Smash discussions due to their many similarities, but Lip has a lot of fans too! You'd think that with how obscure she is, her support would be small... but she's actually got a pretty big following! I think she'd be cool to see, but I'm not really asking for her personally... but she's got a lot of fans who would not only be getting the character they want in Smash, but seeing her for the first time in over 15 years, as far as I know! That would be awesome to see. :)

Last edited:

Nebelung

Smash Cadet
One of my friends is a big fan of Rhythm Heaven, and I think getting a rep from there would be great to make him happy. I never got into those games but they're cute and entertaining, and would fit well despite me not knowing much.

Another friend wants Alm and whipped up a cool moveset for him, so despite me not having strong feelings for Alm it'd be cool if Alm was in for that friend!

D

Deleted member

Well it is part of the reason I want Ridley, but it's only a small reason in the grand scheme of things.
Same with Rayman, though to a bigger extent; while I don't care about him making it in as much I used to, he's my friend's most wanted character so I want him so that he will be happy.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry Series.

And then also Travis Touchdown, Shantae, Pyra, Doomguy, and Crash Bandicoot.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
I regret being really opposed to Decidueye, it had honorable supporters. Professor Layton and Banjo Kazooie.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Geno, Dante, bandana Dee, and Isaac to name a few. I don't have any strong intrests in those characters, but I often feel like those characters, the characters that have fanbases that are normally smacked around whenever they bring up who they actually want, are the ones that deserve the most non-affiliated support.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
I have no real attachment to the duo. But I firmly believe that had it not been for ownership issues Banjo and Kazooie would've been in Smash already.

It's because of this I would be ecstatic for the people that have been waiting for this character for almost 2 decades.

Troykv

Smash Master
I mostly feel this way with Banjo fans; I don't have a particular conection with BK or BT; but I feel it's heartwarming to ser this people support their character despite lacking proper games recently and being stucked in a weird limbo.

D

Deleted member

Banjo and Kazooie
Dixie Kong
Elma
Chibi-Robo
Black Shadow
Krystal
Any Rhythm Heaven Character

Last edited by a moderator:

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Banjo Kazooie, I have no history with them but I know it will make people happy

D

Deleted member

>A RE rep
>Elma
>A MH rep
>Gengar
>Luminary
>Dante
>Spyro
>Ryu Hayabusa

D

Deleted member

I thought Erdrick would make my brother happy because he's the Dragon Quest nut, but he wants Slime more than anything. At that point, I only support Erdrick for myself.

But I am only supporting Advance Wars because my brother would die if he saw it get revived.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
While I'm on the subject. I'm by no means a Resident Evil fan but I can acknowledge it's impact on the industry by effectively creating horror games. So yeah would be down for Leon as long as his final smash is "that dog".

Vrbtm

Banned via Administration
Banjo (& Kazooie), Sora, and Dante.

Could not care less for any of these characters or their franchises, but I know a lot of people would be delighted to see them, and I wouldn't mind if they got in. They're my top three picks right now on that basis alone; all of my favorites have already made it in at this point.

I'll go ahead and mention Geno and Shantae, too. I do think spirits deconfirm characters, but if it turns out that they don't, those would be up there.

D

Deleted member

Oh haaayyy Vrbtm Vrbtm

It's really interesting reading the beginning of this thread btw, now that King K. Rool and Ridley are in.

Top Bottom