• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you want in Smash Switch to make others happy.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So I made this topic once for Smash 4 and thought to do it again.

Basically what character/s that you have a neutral opinion on would you want to be added for a group that you’re not really part of or have no real interest in.

I’d go with probably Ridley this time. I feel like frankly he should just be made playable now cause this joke about Ridley being too big is getting old.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Ridley and K. Rool. I've played most Metroid and DK games but I don't care too much about either character making it in. They aren't super great. That being said I'd love for their fanbases to get the character they've been wanting forever. Though I do feel the Ridley fans should be a little more grateful. So many fandoms would kill for all the special attention Ridley gets.

Last edited:

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
Ridley, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, & Krystal because these four have been mostly requested for a while now.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
One of my good friends has a massive love for Undertale, so I would love to see him happy if Sans got added.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sora, Chibi-Robo, Elma, Geno, Dixie Kong: I'm not a fan but I can see the appeal and I'd be happy for their fans if they get in. They are all charming characters with their own merits.
King K.Rool and Ridley: I just want their fans to shut up.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Pretty much any worthwhile series in need of a reboot i.e. Isaac, Chibi-Robo (Andy but that's for me too)

Also characters who've been absent from their own series for too long (K. Rool comes to mind)

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Phoenix Wright. A close friend is a big fan of the series and I've wanted to see Phoenix in just 'cause I know it'd make them happy.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ridley. I've played plenty of Metroid games, but I never loved them.

I just want the memes to END

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Ridley and K.Rool pretty much.
I really never cared about either of them, but it’d be nice for them to finally playable and end the damn suffering for their fans.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Definitely Ridley. No real attachment to the character myself, but man, the secondhand hype alone would be great.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Aside from Ridley and K. Rool (it would be fun to see the Internet explode), I've never felt strongly towards Bandana Dee or Impa but they've both played important enough roles with strong enough moveset potential that I understand why people clamor for them.

So_many_mails

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to see Phoenix Wright get in. He seems like a long shot character and the fan-base overlaps with Layton a lot, even if I don't really care for him.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Definitely Ridley. Metroid is not my thing, but I do feel like being represented solely by Samus is wrong, and Ridley should have been added a long time ago.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I never really played Metroid too much until Samus returns.

I loved Ridley beforehand though. As for a character I’m not super hyped for but wouldn’t mind seeing for fans is k rool. He seems alright but a lot of people have given him great moveset so I’d be happy for them if it happened

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
A character from Rhythm Heaven would do justice to Smash and the fans of the game Rhythm Heaven would be happy.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
K. Rool or Dixie Kong! I'm no DKC fan but I see a lot of the same things in them that i do in Ridley - a popular recurring character (and in Rool's case, major villain) in a beloved series that hasn't gotten the attention it deserves from Smash's roster.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Though I haven’t actually played very many Kirby games not directed by Sakurai, I would be happy to see Bandana Dee playable for the sake of his fans, who I’ve seen can be just as passionate as I am for Ridley.

Also, Toad is another character who I feel is long overdue for inclusion.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Elma. I didn't play XCX and I support Rex, but I prefer her making the base roster while Rex ends up dlc because she is unlikely to be dlc.

Spatman

Smash Ace
A character from Rhythm Heaven would do justice to Smash and the fans of the game Rhythm Heaven would be happy.
but the topic asks for characters we want to make others happy... I don't think that citing a Ehythm Heaven character is legit when you have 3 characters from that series in your signature...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
but the topic asks for characters we want to make others happy... I don't think that citing a Ehythm Heaven character is legit when you have 3 characters from that series in your signature...
I was thinking the same. lol

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Solaire. I've never cared for the idea of him in Smash, but I've got a friend who would be beside herself with joy to see him in.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Problem is I'm pretty much down for any character that joins Smash because that is just another opponent that could be interesting to fight.

King K. Rool - I pretty much have no attachment to this character. He seems like a cartoony goofy villain in the 3d appearances i've seen, and I only saw one of his boss fights in one of the games (gamegrumps were playing it). The main reason why I don't care is I view King K. Rool the same way I view bowser and they do have a lot of similarities. Fun character to fight every once in a while, and not a character that I wouldn't complain about playing if I got them when picking random. Basically not a bad character, it's just a character that's not amazing.

Krystal - It's been so many years since I've played a Star Fox game, and the only one I own is Star Fox Assault (which I loved btw...). So while I may have wanted Krystal in before, I just don't care so much anymore just because I don't play Star Fox a bunch. Though I bet a lot of people would like her in.

Black Shadow - 2 reasons. More reps for F-zero, and it will give an excuse for Ganondorf to stop being a clone of Captain Falcon. I haven't played a F-zero game so it's hard to care about someone I know nothing about.

Xenoblade 2 rep - I don't know anything about Xenoblade 2 (I watched chugga's whole playthrough of Xenoblade Chronicles, and I played Xenoblade Chronicles X until I hit a hard wall of grind since I don't have the time to grind anymore). Though I've heard many people praise Xenoblade 2 sooo much so it'd be nice to see people happy for that. (Though.... if there's more wooshy wooshy laser swords like with Shulk, I might be interested)

Then a bunch of third party characters

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
King K. Rool, Bandana Dee, Chrom, Sora, Geno, Waluigi, Joker (Persona 5), Dixie and Celica. Not a fan of any of these characters personally, but I would be SO freaking hyped for their fans.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Sora. I personally don't really care to see him in the game, but I know a lot of people would be absolutely thrilled by his inclusion.

My cousin in particular would lose his ****.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
I'm down to see just about anyone in Smash, as long as they have an interesting move-set. As far as character inclusions that don't necessarily interest me, but would be great to see in the game for others:

Ridley: These fans have suffered too long, its long past time for his appearance (as a K. Rool supporter, I understand exactly how this feels)
Bandanna Dee: An up an comer in one of Nintendo's longest running franchises absolutely deserves a spot
Sora: I haven't played any Kingdom Hearts, but I understand just how big a deal his inclusion would be, and he is absolutely worthy of it.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Geno, I've never really had any opinion on him, and my sole exposure to him has been through Smash speculation, but I always liked the idea of a fanbase rallying around a relatively obscure character like him and getting him into the game, and not because he's relevant, important or an icon, but just because he'd be cool to have in Smash.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
King K. Rool definitely! I always underestimated the hype surrounding him until recently

Back in SSB4 this type of character to me was Mewtwo. I wasn't full on supporting him but oh boy when he was announced to be DLC, seeing everyone hyped was heartwarming

And to everyone saying Ridley, you guys are awesome <3

Tonydrake

Smash Apprentice
Ridley

I like Ridley and I think Metroid deserves a newcomer like him, but I don't think I would use him much, it's not the kind of character I like playing in Smash Bros.

So while he's not one of my most wanted characters I want him mostly to please the community and give Metroid some love

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
After seeing the effort Yoshi and Toad put into making a Captain Toad moveset, Captain Toad

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Chibi-Robo. His fans had to put up with Nintendo not localizing Chibi-Robo 3, then not having any games for over half a decade, and then having the entire future of the series bank on a mediocre spin-off. They deserve better than that, and hopefully Sakurai will give it to them.

Cycrum

Smash Apprentice
One of my close friends' biggest wants for the next Smash is a playable Paper Mario. I don't know much about him, but I can tell that, if he were to my announced, my friend would be extremely excited as well. He is also a big Ace Attorney fan, so, if Phoenix Wright got in, the hype would be real for him. Another one of my friends wants Joker from Persona 5; just like the other two I mentioned before, the hype would be real for them and would most certainly rub off on me as well. I also want King K. Rool to appease those who have been requesting for him since the Brawl era.

Troykv

Smash Master
The Smash Fanbase make me warm up with K. Rool and ended up wanting him.

Funny enough, I start liking the idea of Micaiah being in Smash because a friend really liked the idea... and then I ended up knowing more the character; and I feel in love with her and the idea of see her in Smash :love:

AnothenBlue

Smash Cadet
I could just say everyone (well, aside from those that are obvious meme picks) because others being happy is always a good thing, but characters with less fortunate history like Ridley are those I want to be in the most just to make it all stop.

Top Bottom