• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters You Keep Running Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but whenever I hop onto quickplay I see maybe like 25% of the roster and very rarely will I see anyone else. Maybe a lot of people just gravitate towards these characters or maybe I just don't play the game enough, but if you feel like you're in the same boat, let me know what characters you always run into. If we start seeing patterns, maybe it could mean something... But anyway, here are the characters I always run into the most:

:ultdk::ultganondorf::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultyounglink::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultpichu::ultcloud::ultjigglypuff::ultmarth::ultike::ultroy::ultlucina::ultchrom::ultincineroar::ultinkling:

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but whenever I hop onto quickplay I see maybe like 25% of the roster and very rarely will I see anyone else. Maybe a lot of people just gravitate towards these characters or maybe I just don't play the game enough, but if you feel like you're in the same boat, let me know what characters you always run into. If we start seeing patterns, maybe it could mean something... But anyway, here are the characters I always run into the most:

:ultdk::ultganondorf::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultyounglink::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultpichu::ultcloud::ultjigglypuff::ultmarth::ultike::ultroy::ultlucina::ultchrom::ultincineroar::ultinkling:
That's 19 out of 70 whatever characters.

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
This is usually how it always goes. You'll see some who want to play as someone because they like their style, them as a character, thier series, for whatever reason. And others play as a fighter who is easy to spam guaranteed wins. I run into a lot of Lucas/Ness online who just PK Fire clonk all the time. Or try the same with ice. Or Pikachu with his thunder sparks. Those ones that run across the stage.

Those are the three ones I see the most online and it does get a bit jarring when going up against them. I have came across some pretty good and sporty fighters to. It's random online so it's just a matter of luck.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
1. Easy to pick up and play.
2. Easy to get wins with.
3. Heresay that they’re good characters from reddit/discord/here/etc.
4. Attempting to go for disrespect.

I think all of those characters fall under at least one of those categories. Some of them can fall under all 4.

Because your average online player doesn’t want to sit and grind out combos and neutral plans for hours with a character that is hard to use. They want to use whatever smash fundamentals they have and clobber people. Most of those characters are low-risk-high-reward characters against your average playerbase. People are generally drawn to that kind of character over someone that takes more dedication, like, Duck Hunt, for example.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
King Dedede. I dunno if this guy has a bigger fan userbase than I thought, or his playstyle is enough for people to often cheese victories.

I often run into Wolf's out of all the Starfox characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom