• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you dislike fighting

SxK

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
It doesn't matter which iteration of smash it is I CAN NOT beat King Dedede! I always think he's about to land but he'll jump again and I'll whiff and get punished. Also, I feel so afraid of getting close to him cause I always end up getting hit with one of his tilts or down smash. It doesn't matter what strategy I have going into the match cause I always either get rekt or lose a close match. (If any good Dedede's in Ultimate wanna help me practice the matchup hmu)
D3 is actually a sleeper boss in ultimate rn tbh

Marmotbro

Smash Apprentice
but that means you know what they're going to do. easy work from there
well its not that simple. I know what they are gonna do. They have 4 main tools, ftilts/fsmashes, axe, holy water and cross. As long as cross is on the screen there isn't much Snake can do to get in unless he gets lucky with a grenade throw. Cross makes holy water and axe almost completely safe, Snake has to play the Belmonts' game, and he isn't really good at it. Crouching in particular is a poor option because Belmont have great ways to deal with low characters. Even when Snake gets close its rough for him because Snake isn't built to properly rushdown. A lot of characters have problems like these with the Belmonts.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
I don't know why, but since SSB4 I find annoying to play against Yoshi.... it's just.... annoying, and in Ultimate I keep that opinion.

And I really have a hard time fighting them.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I play Diddy exclusively online.

I dislike fighting Inkling the most. They seem to me as the strongest characters currently. Always get killed with the same method, and it’s frustrating. Roller to F Smash needs nerfs.

Chrom is easy to fight I feel. Never lost to one yet. But he’s overused, so maybe I’ve been fighting scrubs.

I also think fighting a heavy weight is way more challenging than before. I’ve also hadn’t my behind royally whooped by K.Rool and Ganondorf. Should adjust my gameplay against them a bit.

But yeah, Inkling is only annoying and most “brain dead” to me. The rest I can deal with if I increase in skill.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Samus, or really any character who just sits back and camps with projectiles. It's just such a flowchart-y, cowardly style of play that I can't stand to play against. I find that the only way to make those types of matchups not a slog is to go a character who can camp yourself, which just amounts to lobbing projectiles back and forth until someone cracks.
Also, swordies in general, but especially Marcina. I just have no idea how to get a hit on those ****ers. Any time I think I'm within attacking range, they just slap me away with any of their character-sized hitboxes, and I can't really lame them out either since they're so fast. Where does Marth get off, anyway, being top tier in every game?

F.D.M.P.

Smash Rookie
I've only been playing as Little Mac so far, and Incineroar just eats me alive. All of that grappling seems to completely invalidate all of Mac's strengths. :(

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Pichu. He just floats around everywhere and doesn't give me much time to set up being so fast. Similar problem with Sonic but they're way more predictable in my opinion. Simon/Richter give me problems too because they camp better than I do.

Most fun fight I've had was against a Chrom player. We were dead even in our fights, win-lose-win-lose. Really solid character, that one.

JustTheTipperR

Smash Rookie
Samus, or really any character who just sits back and camps with projectiles. It's just such a flowchart-y, cowardly style of play that I can't stand to play against. I find that the only way to make those types of matchups not a slog is to go a character who can camp yourself, which just amounts to lobbing projectiles back and forth until someone cracks.
Also, swordies in general, but especially Marcina. I just have no idea how to get a hit on those ****ers. Any time I think I'm within attacking range, they just slap me away with any of their character-sized hitboxes, and I can't really lame them out either since they're so fast. Where does Marth get off, anyway, being top tier in every game?
I hate Samus too. I always run right into charge shots even when I'm trying not to. With swordies you really have to be good at baiting out aerials and punishing their landing. Also learning how to power shield/ parry their attacks will give you the upper hand.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Fighting Meta Knight as Rosalina in this game is actual torture. You might as well put the controller down and let it happen, it's less painful if you don't resist.

Fighting Palutena as Samus is also not fun, not as pathetic as Rosalina VS Meta Knight but it feels like Palutena has an answer to everything you can throw at her when you're Samus.

Last edited:

Switch313

Smash Rookie
Isabelle - she is the most infuriating character for me to play against when piloted even by an average player. Grabs with fishing rod, rockets, pocket etc. I'm just bad at recovering and protecting against the different possibilities like every single time :p

She is one of the few things in the game that can trigger/tilt me

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I hate fighting :ultkingdedede: with a burning passion.

WoW Tarv

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 3431 0382 0347
I can’t really pinpoint why but I really dislike fighting Bowser Jr or Isabelle.

On the other hand Pit always wrecks me but he’s fun to play against imo.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Rosalina and Luma
Villager
King Dedede
Roy
Jigglypuff

Only Ness/Lucas if they spam PK fire.

Mooer

Smash Cadet
So far, I've only come across a couple very frustrating Wolf players that spam laser. I have since started playing Inkling and I've nailed the timing to dash under them lol, it's very satisfying

D

Deleted member

Simon and Inkling are probably the characters I dislike fighting. Simon becuase of online. I haven't fought a good Simon and only had bad experiences with them.

And Inkling, just because I just have a extremely hard time with the match up. I just need to head over to a inkling discord or something to figure that character out.

Top Bottom