• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters who should had been in Smash earlier?

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Careful about wanting them earlier. See what that got Ganondorf.
Thinking about that, I kind of wish someone like Little Mac was added in Melee in Ganondorf’s place. I would be far more content with an uninteresting/non-gimmicky Mac than I am with our current Ganondorf, even after 3 games of steady decloning.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Thinking about that, I kind of wish someone like Little Mac was added in Melee in Ganondorf’s place. I would be far more content with an uninteresting/non-gimmicky Mac than I am with our current Ganondorf, even after 3 games of steady decloning.
Though, I'd rather have both at their fullest.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Krystal should of gotten in brawl. It was the only time it made sense. Now we will never get her.
What makes it worst is she was even considered before Sakurai decided to use Wolf instead because he has a similar model to Fox and easier to do a clone.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I wouldn’t say these characters should have necessarily joined earlier, but here are characters that I’d probably consider adding earlier if I was developing the series myself.

:ultmarth:
Melee
:ultwario::ultdaisy:
Brawl
:ultvillager:
For
:ultchrom::ultridley:

Demon Dragon

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo should have been in Smash 64 over Jigglypuff. Had it not been for the anime, it most likely would never have been considered. Pichu and Dr. Mario should have been cut, period, so Ganondorf could have enough time to be sufficiently decloned instead of acting like a bulkier, slower Captain Falcon.
Lastly, Pac-Man or Simon would have made more sense as a third party to include in Brawl over Snake, considering their greater history toward gaming, as well as the latter starting its series on Nintendo consoles (though I still like Snake).

Arthur97

Smash Master
Mewtwo should have been in Smash 64 over Jigglypuff. Had it not been for the anime, it most likely would never have been considered.
Also, Ganondorf should have had enough time to be sufficiently decloned instead of acting like a bulkier, slower Captain Falcon.
Lastly, Pac-Man or Simon would have made more sense as a third party to include in Brawl over Snake, considering their greater history toward gaming, as well as the latter starting its series on Nintendo consoles.
Well, another thing in Jigglypuff's favor was being so similar in body type to Kirby. You may not realize it looking at them now, but they were at least semi-clones, and you can see bits of that even today in stuff like Jigglypuff's f-smash, dair, and up tilt.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Villager, Wario, Duck Hunt and Little Mac all should have been in before. I don’t know exactly when they should have been added because some characters would have to be switched around but I am surprised they werent added before.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Glad to see K Rool being in Brawl seems to be a consensus here. I dunno if it's the slowness and projectiles or what but he just screams Brawl to me. Maybe that's why Diddy likewise screams Melee to me, being one of the fast, combo-centric archetype characters; and Melee is where that archetype is at its strongest. K Rool definitely should have been in Brawl and Diddy in Melee, which would hopefully result in Ultimate including either Dixie, Cranky, or Funky, but I digress.

I also wish Wario had been in Melee, because his Wario World moveset just strikes me as perfect for Smash, with room enough for a few of the moves to also reference the Wario Land games. Give him Bike as a new side B in Brawl, along with the biker alts, to still reference Warioware, and you're good to go!

volbound1700

Smash Master
He didn't make it in due to time constraints which, I already said. That's why we have six clones in Melee as well as Ganondorf forever being Falcondorf. :ultkingdedede:,:ultwario:,:ultpit:,:ultlucas:,:ultsonic:, and :ultsnake:were all suppose to be in Melee. I have a feeling :ultdiddy:was going to be in Melee as well because of him not having a trophy in that game, but K. Rool and Dixie did. This was around the time Microsoft went to buy Rare which, is probably the reason why Diddy didn't make it in Melee because Rare still owned the rights to him at the time before the buyout.
There was even loose discussion about James Bond being in Melee (Pierce Brosnan). I think some IP issues plus Rare situation kept that one form getting out of the planning phase.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I also wish Wario had been in Melee, because his Wario World moveset just strikes me as perfect for Smash, with room enough for a few of the moves to also reference the Wario Land games.
I can imagine Wario having his many transformations as attacks.
(Spring form, fire form, fat form, zombie form, vampire, bubble, and you know the rest)

Top Bottom