• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters who have MORE support than you’d expect

UserKev

Smash Champion
whats that supposed to mean? we want him cause we like the games, how is that the wrong reason?
Just can't see his play style.. You can argue its already been done in Marvel Vs. Capcom but can it really be redone?

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, Geno. Never understood his appeal, played the game and still don't get it

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Just can't see his play style.. You can argue its already been done in Marvel Vs. Capcom but can it really be redone?
thats up to sakurai, but if he can turn villager and wft into fighters then he can do the same with phoenix

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I was gonna say Master Chief. Probably the stupidest, most illogical and undeserving popular pick I can think of. But since people have already mentioned him...

Crash Bandicoot! Never found anything appealing about his series or even the character himself, always found it a desperate and wretched attempt from PlayStation at rivaling with Nintendo’s Super Mario, so I really don’t see any hype, and I find him far more fitting in that PlayStation all stars mumbo jumbo.
Don’t bother trying to change my mind, please.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Ok I know I’m definitely going to be hated and possibly even killed for this, but screw it, Crash Bandicoot! Never found anything appealing about his series or even the character himself, always found it a desperate attempt from PlayStation at rivaling with Nintendo’s Super Mario, so I really don’t see any hype, and I find him far more fitting in that PlayStation all stars mumbo jumbo.
I won't try changing your mind, but I will ask this: are you against Spyro for similar reasons?

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Ok I know I’m definitely going to be hated and possibly even killed for this, but screw it, Crash Bandicoot! Never found anything appealing about his series or even the character himself, always found it a desperate attempt from PlayStation at rivaling with Nintendo’s Super Mario, so I really don’t see any hype, and I find him far more fitting in that PlayStation all stars mumbo jumbo.
Finally someone who agrees. I just dislike Crash. :ohwell: But finally another person who dosen't support Crash.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Well, it’s certainly good to know that I’m not the only one who feels that way about it, for a change.

I won't try changing your mind, but I will ask this: are you against Spyro for similar reasons?
I will say this, at least I find Spyro more appealing in terms of gameplay, but when it comes to story and characters, yeah I personally found it just as boring as Crash, and I also find him more fitting on that SB knockoff of PlayStation, so yeah I am, sorry.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Doom Guy. :ohwell: I feel like there's no imagination that can work with him. If a shooter icon has to be added, Master Chief screams shooter icon either way.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Doom Guy. :ohwell: I feel like there's no imagination that can work with him. If a shooter icon has to be added, Master Chief screams shooter icon either way.
i dont get either of them, though in my case its probably cause i dont like first person games

Morgana J. Cat

Smash Apprentice
Not to be rude or anything but how no imagination? Doomguy has got tons of weapons to choose from, and he’s not restricted to his glory kills as those were just an innovation on Doom 4. Plus the marine is like the grandfather of FPS, and has fair history with Nintendo. He’s like the perfect shooter rep along with Duke Nukem imo.

I honestly never saw anything special about him either.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Not to be rude or anything but how no imagination? Doomguy has got tons of weapons to choose from, and he’s not restricted to his glory kills as those were just an innovation on Doom 4. Plus the marine is like the grandfather of FPS, and has fair history with Nintendo. He’s like the perfect shooter rep along with Duke Nukem imo.

I honestly never saw anything special about him either.
Duke Nukem? Didn't he have like two games?

Morgana J. Cat

Smash Apprentice
Duke Nukem? Didn't he have like two games?
No, while his most well known titles are Duke Nukem 3D and the infamous Duke Nukem Forever. He had a lot more, some came out on the GB and the DS. Not all of them were First Person, but they sure were shooters. Plus 3D is considered responsible for popularizing the FPS genre along with Doom and Wolfenstein.

surely the perfect shooter rep would be one from a nintendo owned shooter
I meant Third Party wise.
Either way, I think :ultinkling:/:ultinklingboy: already cleared that path.

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
Y... yes? I'd rather they not directly copy MvC3 if they were to make a moveset for him, but the mere fact that his games have been translated well in a previous fighting game means that the Smash team can and will come up with a good play style for him, regardless of whether or not they rip MvC3 off.

Porky... I don't really see where his moveset potential comes from, the whole point of his boss battles is that you can't tell what he's doing...
Bit of a late response, but I think you're mistaking Porky for Giygas. Granted, he does have one attack in MOTHER 3 that's indescribable, but it's more of a reference if anything (or at least a reminder of Giygas' influence on him). Honestly, Porky himself has quite a lot of moveset potential just from his character design alone so I personally dunno how you can't see potential in the guy.

...Quick tangent, I'm actually kinda interested in the idea of a playable Giygas because you can't tell what he's doing. I feel like there could be an interesting fighting style to make out of Gigas' incomprehensive nature. Dunno what that would entail though but I'd still like to see them try.

Morgana J. Cat

Smash Apprentice
Arms is Nintendo’s hot new IP right now, and it sure looks promising, so I think it makes sense people want a character from the series in Smash.
The only question is, who? It’ll be pretty weird and kind of unfitting adding someone else before the main icon himself, Springman. It’s like adding Luigi before Mario.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Arms is Nintendo’s hot new IP right now, and it sure looks promising, so I think it makes sense people want a character from the series in Smash.
The only question is, who? It’ll be pretty weird and kind of unfitting adding someone else before the main icon himself, Springman. It’s like adding Luigi before Mario.
This is completely up in the air. Spring Man is already an Assist Trophy, BUT nothing is set in stone. He either gets promoted or stays an Assist Trophy. Only June holds the answer.

Morgana J. Cat

Smash Apprentice
This is completely up in the air. Spring Man is already an Assist Trophy, BUT nothing is set in stone. He either gets promoted or stays an Assist Trophy. Only June holds the answer.
Damn, I’m curious to find out. It’ll surprise me if they’re really going to promote an AT.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Damn, I’m curious to find out. It’ll surprise me if they’re really going to promote an AT.
I wouldn't be surprised if the AT's assets are reused for the fighter. Rush already feels different from its ARMS counterpart.

Top Bottom