• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters who have MORE support than you’d expect

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Bandana Waddle Dee has a lot more support than I would expect, i get he is kind of the 4th main kirby character but characters like Magalor, Adeline, Susie, & Prince Fluff seem far more interesting in my opinion even if they dont appear as much.

Also the massive support for Geno has just always seemed odd in my opinion.
Honestly, even if Bandana Dee is bland, dosen't mean he should get left out. It's like leaving peach out of mario, you just don't do that nowadays. He's a main character, has had a recent influx in Appearences and merchandise, and would make more sense than a random Waddle dee. Besides, most of his counteraguments are out the window. Let's just hope spirits deconfirming isn't a thing.

Morgana J. Cat

Smash Apprentice
I agree Geno is really unique, and I'd like to see him only because he's unique, but i don't really want him as much as others due to lack of importancy.
Also, master cheif is not that violent (Solid Snake, Bayonetta, Joker.)
At least that, I guess. Still I find importance/relevance to be really overrated sometimes... And I never mentioned anything about violence regarding Master Chief.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Master Chief. His addition would for sure be welcome and he’s an amazing character, but what shocks me is people saying he’s the craziest character possible who would completely change Smash for the better. So, I suppose it’s mostly the exaggeration of what his reveal would signify

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
What's a bit rude that I responded even though you didn't want no one too? If so I am sorry.
yes. i didnt want anyone to explain cause i knew it would just confuse me further. i accept your apology

Master Chief. His addition would for sure be welcome and he’s an amazing character, but what shocks me is people saying he’s the craziest character possible who would completely change Smash for the better. So, I suppose it’s mostly the exaggeration of what his reveal would signify
really? what makes them think that?

UserKev

Smash Champion
Honestly, even if Bandana Dee is bland, dosen't mean he should get left out. It's like leaving peach out of mario, you just don't do that nowadays. He's a main character, has had a recent influx in Appearences and merchandise, and would make more sense than a random Waddle dee. Besides, most of his counteraguments are out the window. Let's just hope spirits deconfirming isn't a thing.
You can't compare BWD to Peach. Peach has been in waaaaaay more games and is legendary status. A regular Waddle Dee is more iconic than BWD, which BWD only will just add a playable custom to Waddle Dee.

Its ok to support BWD but comparing him to Peach is seriously pushing his support pass boundaries, honestly.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
You can't compare BWD to Peach. Peach has been in waaaaaay more games and is legendary status. A regular Waddle Dee is more iconic than BWD, which BWD only will just add a playable custom to Waddle Dee.

Its ok to support BWD but comparing him to Peach is seriously pushing his support pass boundaries, honestly.
I was just using peach as an example I figure everyone would know. I wasn't trying to imply anything.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Porky.
I don't really get the thing about him. He's an important villain, but if we are getting a villain from Earthbound I would prefer Giygas more. He may have access to other PK moves that Ness and Lucas can't use(PK Beam for example).

Ryu Hayabusa.
He's an NES rep, but I don't really know if there's anything special about him. He's a ninja, but is there anything else that could make him unique amongst other sword users?

whitesnake

Smash Apprentice
It should be noted that we are in the 70s on character count. Many of the remaining choices seem less than mainstream because they are

that said I am surprised by the lasting support that Isaac gets

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Curious. What video game would be more shocking than him? Or is it because Banjo already opened the door?

As for topic, Reimu. I'm surprised the support thread is that long considering how obscure the series is in west.

Last edited:

DetectiveSS

Smash Cadet
Never played Golden Sun, but I love that Isaac gets the amount of consistent support he does despite the status of his series. I find it kinda endearing, and it feels like people are rooting for an entire series instead of a single character. I genuinely hope he gets in because those fans deserve some recognition.

Nah

Smash Champion
I don't think I'll ever get why people want Toad to be a playable character in Smash

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Never played Golden Sun, but I love that Isaac gets the amount of consistent support he does despite the status of his series. I find it kinda endearing, and it feels like people are rooting for an entire series instead of a single character. I genuinely hope he gets in because those fans deserve some recognition.
You should try it. It's a great game.
Also, thank you. That's really nice.

DetectiveSS

Smash Cadet
You should try it. It's a great game.
Also, thank you. That's really nice.
Would if I could, but I don’t own a GBA (or a working DS, poor thing lasted 10 years before it kicked the bucket) or a Wii U. I hope it gets some sort of release on the Switch so I can play it, maybe even in the form of a remaster/remake.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Would if I could, but I don’t own a GBA (or a working DS, poor thing lasted 10 years before it kicked the bucket) or a Wii U. I hope it gets some sort of release on the Switch so I can play it, maybe even in the form of a remaster/remake.
You can use an emulator anytime. I played GS with that.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
I always wanted to use an emulator, I just don't know which ones are official and not some ripoffs asking for your credit card info for a thirty day free trial.
I chose one that my classmate recommended to me.
He said it's good, and I've been using it ever since.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
I don't think I'll ever get why people want Toad to be a playable character in Smash
Toad is a fun character I don't see translating into Smash :crazy: I understand the want for him but I cannot rally behind supporting Toad.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I agree that Bandana Dee isn't anywhere near comparable to Peach who is a important super iconic Mario character. But I don't agree that a generic Waddle Dee is more iconic or important than Bandana Dee.

Toad is a fun character I don't see translating into Smash :crazy: I understand the want for him but I cannot rally behind supporting Toad.
They could make Captain Toad a fighter if they want to go for a more unique spin on Toad's moveset.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
They could make Captain Toad a fighter if they want to go for a more unique spin on Toad's moveset.
Sadly, I can't make my self interested in any of them. Idk. Give Toad the most recurring mushroom power ups in his moveset?

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I agree that Bandana Dee isn't anywhere near comparable to Peach who is a important super iconic Mario character. But I don't agree that a generic Waddle Dee is more iconic or important than Bandana Dee.

My only issue with captain toad is he can't jump. At all. He pysically cannot. I've seen people rally behind the captain by saying that Mac couldn't jump but he jumps in smash, but there's a big difference between can't jump and chooses not to jump.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
My only issue with captain toad is he can't jump. At all. He pysically cannot. I've seen people rally behind the captain by saying that Mac couldn't jump but he jumps in smash, but there's a big difference between can't jump and chooses not to jump.
you should see YoshiandToad YoshiandToad jumpless moveset

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
If it helps, Captain Toad has officially wall jumped in Mario Galaxy 2 to chase a monkey up a cliff side.

He also does a small leap in the ending credits of the Wii U version of Treasure Tracker so he COULD jump albeit so weakly he might as well not bother.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Part of this is rooted in the fact that I'm an older Sonic fan, but I'm a bit surprised by the heavy interest in Shadow as a rep for the franchise. Nothing against him, but there's three characters at least (Tails, Knuckles, Eggman) that I feel would add more interesting gameplay elements and even as an Echo Fighter Metal Sonic always felt like a better fit than Shadow.
I can't understand why anyone would want Shadow over Tails or Eggman.

To me, it feels like adding Wario before you add Bowser or Luigi.

Geno is part of the whole story from when you find him in the Forest Maze and the second of seven star pieces, the MacGuffins. At the end, he uses them to rebuild Star Road, which is the main objective of the game after rescuing Peach. He's a star from there possessing a doll. It's used for granting wishes and was destroyed by the main villains, the extradimensional robotic Smithy Gang in the games prologue. They collect four of the pieces after rescuing Peach. Geno is the one who informed the rest of the party about the pieces' importance. He's very important to the plot.
Geno tells the people that are already going to defeat the badguy WHY they have to defeat the badguy. Out of all the characters in your party, he's the least important to the plot and is the most lacking in personality.

i quite nice to see plenty of other people dont get geno either
I'll never understand the support for him and I've had plenty of people trying to explain it.

Toad was a major character back when the Mario series could count it's major characters on one hand and he still always shows up for games. I think he's earned a spot.

Top Bottom