• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters Who Have Less Support Than You'd Expect

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Only one rep from Namco is fitting for a crossover of this magnitude, and that is Reiji Arisu (perhaps alongside Xiaomu).

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
Without a doubt that (dis?)honor would go to :052:.
I've thought he deserved waaaaaaaaaaaaay more support, have done so since nearly a decade. I know the actual reason he doesn't get much outside of being seen as a niche choice is that he's not considered much of a, not sure how to word it but "Cool" "Standout" etc unlike the flavor of the month Pokemon, ones like Waluigi an such and etc among people. Not many bring up the idea of him, and it's a shame because I honestly feel he deserves much more attention within the Smash community for wanted characters for just how much he's up there as prominent and iconic throughout the series. Feel it's mostly people's tastes though I am not one to judge, but Gardevoir is my favourite Pokemon and if I had to pick between those two I'd without a doubt go with Meowth just because how much I feel him missing from the roster especially with ones like Jigglypuff in, though their inclusion makes sense having them but not him makes little to me.
It's a shame...
There's a few others I think should be more looked into, like some Retro contenders (Many were surprised by :ultduckhunt: do to this) and ones like Kamek and such slightly for notable Yoshi rep if he had to get one, though I don't think of them to the same degree personally.
Totally agree with you, it baffles me that Meowth has almost no supporters, especially when you consider he's the only Nintendo owned character that was planned or at least known to be considered for Smash 64 at one point and still isn't in the game. You'd think he would've made it into at least one of the installments.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Two characters:

Rayman - I thought he would have HUGE support on here after appearing as trophy in last game

Epic Mickey - Come on, Mickey Mouse vs. Mario would be epic! I am surprised this character doesn't get more love. Two games for Wii, one exclusive.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Tails, for one. He's Sonic's answer to Luigi, but is being pretty forgotten around here. He even got the Mii costume last round. I get that Shadow's an easier echo and is more popular based on that poll, but it's not like Tails is unimportant.

Also, the Soul Calibur characters - or really anyone from Namco. All they have is Pac-Man; is everyone just assuming that it'll be Heihachi and leaving it there?

And I'd love if there was more traffic to Dovahkiin's thread too. Skyrim was huge - it managed a 40/40 on Famitsu, and it was the second game ever shown off for the Switch behind Breath of the Wild. Plus, the outfit and special moveset are stupidly iconic and were memed right after the game was announced. Sure Sakurai's not added a playable character from a western developer yet, but we did just see a second and third western character from established franchises, and a completely western assist trophy, so it does seem like something within the realm of possibility.
Shameless plug: Dovahkiin thread.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Totally agree with you, it baffles me that Meowth has almost no supporters, especially when you consider he's the only Nintendo owned character that was planned or at least known to be considered for Smash 64 at one point and still isn't in the game. You'd think he would've made it into at least one of the installments.
This is misinformation. Meowth was never considered for Smash 64, or any Smash game. Check Source Gaming's unused fighter list.

Smash Lampjaw

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1307-1021-0308
I've always thought the Hero's Shade from Twilight Princess would be a great Smash fighter as a Link echo, but I suppose that idea's continued survival past Ultimate at this point depends on if people are keen to the idea of a 4th Link variation.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Alucard. I always saw him as the runner-up for a Castlevania rep after Simon. But when I went to compile support data, to my shock his was one of the least active threads with only about 5 pledges.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Alucard. I always saw him as the runner-up for a Castlevania rep after Simon. But when I went to compile support data, to my shock his was one of the least active threads with only about 5 pledges.
Simon probably soaked up all the support considering he's the first protagonist rather than the most popular one.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think one thing people have to realize is activity of a thread and support is in, a lot of ways, dependent on how likely the character is to get in. Or the perception of being likely.

Take Skull Kid for example. No one thought he had a shot so the thread was barely active. Suddenly he's appearing in rumors and leaks and the thread is growing and bursting with activity.

Last edited:

Jjab430

Smash Cadet
I'm surprised Chun Li doesn't get much love. I really wish she would. She's arguably the most iconic female character in video games and every time I see her get brought up people almost unanimously agree that she'd be great for smash. I always felt like the misconception that Sakurai would only allow one third party rep per series really dampened her support but with Castlevania getting two reps that's all out the window.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I think one thing people have to realize is activity of a thread and support is in, a lot of ways, dependent on how likely the character is to get in. Or the perception of being likely.

Take Skull Kid for example. No one thought he had a shot so the thread was barely active. Suddenly he's appearing in rumors and leaks and the thread is growing and bursting with activity.
I can see that for thread activity, but people who don't support characters because they're unlikely are jackasses.

slambros

Smash Ace
I'd say Dillon. He's a very interesting new character who was made in recent times; he has his own franchise and everything. I think he has only 30 supporters, though.

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
Hey new member here(or old member, pretty sure I used to have an account here, but could not find it.)

I have been lurking in the shadows for a while now, and a lot of characters that I supported were actually mentioned in this thread(Nightmare, Isaac, Shovel Knight, Skull Kid, K rool, Ridley, lycanroc and several others) maybe it's also the case of those supporters being less active. For instance I have been supporting K rool, Skull Kid and Ridley since before Melee, Isaac, Geno and Waluigi before Brawl, Nightmare and shovel Knight before Smash 4. However I supported those characters more on the merit of their iconic status and the fact that I think they should be playable, rather than having hands on experience with playing their respective games in most cases. Which means I am much less motivated for the majority of these characters, to loudly support then. I am glad Ridley and K rool are finally in. But if Shovel Knight was playable I'd actually be much more excited.

So TL DR, the support might be there, but the type of support might be much more passive than for other more popular characters. And when rumours start to fly arpund, its only natural that the passive supporters become more active, because they want to be part of the conversation.

Thrombobomb

Smash Rookie
Vaati and Tetra! I used to hear a lot about Tetra around the time the Smash 4 DLC poll was going on so imagine my surprise when she was nowhere to be seen in poll results across the internet. Vaati on the other hand is not even on most people’s radars, even though he’s the second most prolific villain in the Zelda series.

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
Kinda expected Zero to be more wanted since he's pretty much one of the most popular Mega Man characters with his own series on the GBA.

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
to whoever wants Captain Toad, it's always been known Daisy would get in first. I would very much like a Captain Toad Assist Trophy to pave the way to him being playable in Smash for the sequel to the Nintendo Switch. (Which I believe would require emulator downloads to play some cartridge games (with updates pre-installed)
I would say Skull Kid, but holy crap he really exploded in popularity on this forum after smash bros direct.
It's too bad that Lush Green enviroments with an Orange pillow next to a Purple and yellow pillow can't also mean anything significant in September for the western pop, and something in October for Sega in Japan.

I mean Orange Marsupials, Purple Dragons, and Brainy Blonde sisters don't come around Smash too often compared to Zelda characters and monsters.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Some people want indie characters to be in Smash, though as far as I know, nobody or almost ever considered Hollow Knight.

I think he would be cool, despite being a bit too much generic swordfigher (he can charge up the Soul Vessels by dealing damage, and use Soul to power up his specials or heal himself; additionally, with the Dream Nail he can drain big amounts of Soul from opponents): probably he would end up being a (toon) Link, Cloud and other sword characters' mix semiclone.
But Hornet would probably be even more interesting than the main character himself, considering her unique weapon.

CloudedSun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jay-Explosion
Switch FC
SW 8009 2151 5629
Surprised I don't see as much Sora as when HMK and KH YouTubers were campaigning for him.

Other than that, I don't see much Rayman, Tetra, Sceptile, or Crash.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
to whoever wants Captain Toad, it's always been known Daisy would get in first. I would very much like a Captain Toad Assist Trophy to pave the way to him being playable in Smash for the sequel to the Nintendo Switch. (Which I believe would require emulator downloads to play some cartridge games (with updates pre-installed)
I don't actually dislike Daisy(Hell, I think she's a decent addition, I'd certainly pick her over Rosalina, Doc or Geno) but can you explain why it was known Daisy would get in first?

Sm4sh's Mario newcomers; Rosalina and Luma and Bowser Jr(in the Klown Kar with the Koopalings) featured heavily in the mainline games of the Wii Mario titles; Galaxy and New Super Mario Bros. Wii respectively.
Going by the previous game's logic, which most people assumed would be the direction Ultimate was going to go in originally, all clues would point to Captain Toad over Daisy since Super Mario 3D World featured him heavily as well as him recieving his own titular spinoff game of which tied into the mainline game of Super Mario 3D World.

Daisy meanwhile didn't really do anything special that fellow spinoff star Waluigi didn't. In fact her being anything other than a palette reference only became obvious the second echoes were revealed to be a thing...and that was by Daisy herself!

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
YoshiandToad YoshiandToad Daisy is in the game because she's an echo of Peach, they created her without spending many resources, because half of the work was already done for Peach. I doubt she would have been added as a playable character if they needed to make an unique moveset for her.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
YoshiandToad YoshiandToad Daisy is in the game because she's an echo of Peach, they created her without spending many resources, because half of the work was already done for Peach. I doubt she would have been added as a playable character if they needed to make an unique moveset for her.
No, no, I understand that completely.
I'm only confused why Crash4Smash Crash4Smash is claiming it was always known Daisy would take priority over Captain Toad when, at least from what I witnessed on these boards most people prior to the reveal of echoes put Daisy below him, Waluigi and Paper Mario.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I'm only confused why Crash4Smash Crash4Smash is claiming it was always known Daisy would take priority over Captain Toad when, at least from what I witnessed on these boards most people prior to the reveal of echoes put Daisy below him, Waluigi and Paper Mario.
What I was trying to say is that IMO she had little chances of being added, and she is in the game only because Echoes are a thing, the same applies to Dark Samus. Most people hate clones, and people raged at the inclusion of Dark Pit because they thought he was a wasted slot. Sakurai found a way to implement those clone characters making it obvious that they don't take all the development of a full character and they are cheaper to make, so people don't rage over them anymore. I support your opinion, she wasn't likely until they revealed that this game implements echo characters.

Daisy also has very little source material to take inspiration from for an original moveset, she mostly has Mario Land 1 and sport games; Peach already represents the sport games while Bowser Jr specifically has a kart mode for his clown car to represent Mario Kart, so there was no way to make an interesting original moveset for her without taking huge creative freedom. She makes sense as an echo but not as an unique character IMO.
I would think that if they were going for unique moveset for every character, Waluigi would have had way bigger chances than her, since he has more source material, he's been associated with Bob-Ombs, Piranha Plants and vines, and other themes in several games so there is more potential for unique moves.

I don't want to start a debate about Toad, but I'm convinced that regular Toad has better chances than Cpt Toad; I think that regular Toad is more recognizable overall, and with Toad you can still implement Cpt Toad elements into his moveset, because Cpt Toad is also a Toad, and it's not really excluded from representation. So Toad would have Super Mario Bros 2, New Super Mario/Super Mario 3D series and Captain Toad as source material for a moveset (and not only Cpt Toad), there is definitely a lot of moveset potential there, and it's definitely something that you would expect more than Daisy if it wasn't for the echoes.
(I think Toad should use all those special blocks from the NSMB/SM3D games, such as the propeller block and the cannon block, maybe even the coin block stuck in the head, if they can come up with some interesting idea for it).

However, it seems that Sakurai doesn't want those type of characters in Smash for some reason, it sems that he always excludes Toad from the roster regardless of the requests and popularity, because he thinks he is not fitting in an "all stars" fighter, for some reason, probably he thinks his identity is not strong enough.
If I recall, Toad was very requested since very early, since Melee I think, and despite that, Sakurai always refused to add him.
This reasoning is questionable, I'm not sure if he is right about that, but one thing is for sure, if he excluded Toad and then adds Bandana Dee, that would be unfair, because they are similar characters and if you exclude Toad because of that reason, you contraddict yourself if you add an equivalent character from a different series (especially because I think Toad deserves being in Smash a lot more than Bandana Dee does, in fact I would prefer many other Kirby characters over him, but that's just me).
I say this because of those recent rumors about the voice actress of Kirby who seems to suggest that Bandana Dee may be in Smash.

Last edited:

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Jesus Christ himself
I thought historical figures weren't allowed in Smash, even if they started a new branch of religious followers.

Some people want indie characters to be in Smash, though as far as I know, nobody or almost ever considered Hollow Knight.

I think he would be cool, despite being a bit too much generic swordfigher (he can charge up the Soul Vessels by dealing damage, and use Soul to power up his specials or heal himself; additionally, with the Dream Nail he can drain big amounts of Soul from opponents): probably he would end up being a (toon) Link, Cloud and other sword characters' mix semiclone.
But Hornet would probably be even more interesting than the main character himself, considering her unique weapon.
Isn't Hollow Knight exclusive to Brawlout?

Last edited:

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
I don't actually dislike Daisy(Hell, I think she's a decent addition, I'd certainly pick her over Rosalina, Doc or Geno) but can you explain why it was known Daisy would get in first?

Sm4sh's Mario newcomers; Rosalina and Luma and Bowser Jr(in the Klown Kar with the Koopalings) featured heavily in the mainline games of the Wii Mario titles; Galaxy and New Super Mario Bros. Wii respectively.
Going by the previous game's logic, which most people assumed would be the direction Ultimate was going to go in originally, all clues would point to Captain Toad over Daisy since Super Mario 3D World featured him heavily as well as him recieving his own titular spinoff game of which tied into the mainline game of Super Mario 3D World.

Daisy meanwhile didn't really do anything special that fellow spinoff star Waluigi didn't. In fact her being anything other than a palette reference only became obvious the second echoes were revealed to be a thing...and that was by Daisy herself!
Yes, but Waluigi, is incapable of simply being a pallete swap of Wario, his attacks are far more difficult to create due to Waluigi not having really any iconic reference in the Warioware series. Not to mention he'd have to encompass elements of his own videogame series and not just his character. I never could make a moveset for Waluigi, he'd be no more unique than a Mii Fighter's moveset.

As I said, Daisy is more popular than Waluigi in Mario Kart games, and other sports titles. Daisy is also easier to make as a clone of Peach, and she was apparently planned as a playable possibility in the Wii U version.

As for Captain Toad, he's just too new, and if he was a character, they're certainly not revealing him before Daisy, for two reasons: a) Daisy is easy to design, her build is designed to complement Peach, and she was likely the first new Echo finished for the game, likely before some of the returning psudoechos could be finished. b) She's been on everyone's mind since melee, she technically has senority over Captain Toad. And has been played with more often than Toad in online matches.

As for Captain Toad, Nintendo anticipated that they'd need a little encouracgement to get people to buy Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker for Wii U, so they included demo versions of levels in Super Mario 3D World. Captain Toad, technically is a spin-off of Super Mario Galaxy, not Super Mario 3D Land. The demo was necessary to boost sales, however, I do think Captain Toad would make an excellent assist Trophy, and a new player in the next Smash Bros game, (or this one, assuming 4 of the costumes are Toadette).

Last edited:

N-V

Smash Rookie
It was stated previously in the thread, but most character support just tends to be bandwagoning due to roster expectations, leaks (real or otherwise), and other influences like internet personalities. But anyway, actual characters I'm surprised don't have more support? Villains in general.

Captain Syrup is a female and villain, two things commonly mentioned to be lacking and "needed" in Smash, yet I see almost no support for them. People like to bring up archetypes unrepresented in Smash as well, which she would fill since there's no pirate character (no, Ridley doesn't count).

Medusa seems to have only gained some popularity recently due to the introduction of Echo fighters, and her being the more likely candidate for Palutena. Before Ultimate's reveal everyone was clamoring for Hades, but I don't even see his support thread anymore.

Vaati's also ignored in favor of another Ganon.

Dark Matter is similar to Vaati, being overlooked for other villains or Bandana Dee. The latter because people expect him to make it in to fill a quota I'm assuming?

Third parties are much the same, with surprisingly more likely inclusions being ignored for characters with little actual ties to Nintendo. Cloud's often brought up as "opening the floodgates" while forgetting that FF was a Nintendo exclusive series until 7. Cloud was only even chosen due to being the most popular as Sakurai had considered Tina/Terra and Bartz (both debuted on Nintendo consoles), but decided against them for not being as recognizable. That aside...

A Dragon Quest character (probably Loto/Erdrick). It's one of the defining JRPGs and 11 is even releasing worldwide soon.

A MegaTen character such as Flynn, Nanashi, or Jack Frost. The main series has been on Nintendo consoles since the SNES (with the next being exclusive to the Switch) with the exception of III. Joker from P5 seems to have some minor support, but that's probably only due to how popular P5 ended up being without any regards to the series as a whole.

A Koei Tecmo character like Ryu Hayabusa or a Fatal Frame protagonist (probably Miku). The latter series is even co-owned by Nintendo ala Bayonetta and would represent the horror genre, something else people have been claiming to want or that Smash "needs." Ryu's another Simon/Castlevania situation.

With all of the characters I've mentioned I assume that not many people have played their games, so they're regarded as irrelevant? Or in the case of a DQ character, "another generic swordsman?" The third party series I mentioned are mostly popular in Japan, but all of them have had several games released worldwide. Ignoring characters and series just because they aren't popular in your country is pretty silly too.

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Definitely classic/pig Ganon. Not Dark Beast Ganon, as seen in Ganondorf's Final Smash, but the man-boar warlock version of the character, as seen in Zelda 1, Zelda 2, ALttP, the Oracle games, ALBW, etc. This, to me anyway, and not Ganondorf, is the main form of the character, the original form, and is much more recurring within the Zelda series itself. It's baffling to me that people seem content with Ganondorf as he currently exists within Smash, and how so many other Zelda characters (Midna, Skull Kid, BotW Champions, even Tingle) completely dwarf Ganon in fan support. Even stranger is Ganon's near total absence in Smash in any form, not even appearing as a trophy in any of the games.

So many fans wanted Ridley and K. Rool because they're classic Nintendo villains and icons in their own right, but I'd argue Ganon dwarfs even those two in regard to how iconic he is. Ganondorf just doesn't represent this long-running antagonist well enough, in my opinion. He barely represents himself well enough, to say nothing of how poorly he echoes the full history of the Ganon character in general. I get that Ganondorf is popular - he physically debuted in Ocarina of Time after all - but I can't help but feel that if he hadn't been added to Smash as a last-minute clone in Melee, he'd be far less popular of a character than he is. If Sakurai hadn't added Ganondorf in Melee when he did, I think far fewer people would look at him as the "main" form of the character as they seem to do, and the classic form of Ganon would've eventually gotten into Smash instead.

It's really odd for me to see so little demand for such an iconic Nintendo villain, especially after seeing the Ridley and K. Rool movements go on for so long. I get that he's kind of in the roster already, at least in spirit in the form of Ganondorf, but with Ganondorf, even if he had a unique moveset, it just wouldn't be the same. He wouldn't be throwing a trident around and summoning fire keese to attack his opponents. I would have figured a lot more Zelda fans would want to see that classic portrayal realized in Smash as well. I guess I just can't really look at Ganondorf and think "Yeah, that's Ganon, technically. That's good enough for me." They're technically the same entity, but to me, they're very different characters and offer two completely different flavors.

I'm not anti-Ganondorf or anything, by the way. I think Ganondorf is great. I just don't think he works as a stand-in for "Ganon in general". He's more of an offshoot of Ganon in my eyes, and having only that form of him in Smash, to me, is akin to having Sheik but not Zelda.

The first one I'd blame on the fact that Ganondorf is still a Captain Falcon clone. If he were better represented himself, people might start considering other forms of Ganon.
I don't disagree with your second point so I won't address that here, but I think this is the opposite attitude to what we should be having about Ganon. After four iterations of Smash, it should be obvious by now that they're not willing to outright declone Ganondorf completely. Rather than hoping that one day Sakurai will finally decide out of the blue to completely overhaul Ganondorf, it'd be wiser to campaign for Ganon to be included. The time to start considering other forms of Ganon was a long time ago. If he got in, not only would this increase the character's presence on the roster, it would also give us a fully realized Ganon moveset that's accurate to the source material (with the added bonus of keeping the Falcondorf moveset for those who like it, without resorting to forcing Black Shadow into the roster for no other reason than to inherit that moveset).

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Many people sleep on Fatal Frame. Either because it's not as iconic as Resident Evil/Silent Hill or they think said characters lack moveset potential as humans with a camera for exorcism. Anyone can have a moveset if you are creative enough, ask a certain pale fitness trainer.

The two that comes to mind;

1. Chibi-Robo.
2. Black Shadow.
With the later, people just don't think it will happen because F-Zero is a dead series.

Or not "relevant".

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Buzzwole. The dude is practically made for Smash Bros and is a gen 7 Pokemon. I thought more people would be interested in him being playable. I personally think he'd be more interesting than yet another starter.
I try to bump his thread every now and then but it never survives all that long.

Also Dixie Kong to a lesser extent. Her thread is usually somewhere on the front page, but I'm always surprised at how low the page count is. She is such an important character.

Last edited:

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
It was stated previously in the thread, but most character support just tends to be bandwagoning due to roster expectations, leaks (real or otherwise), and other influences like internet personalities. But anyway, actual characters I'm surprised don't have more support? Villains in general.

Captain Syrup is a female and villain, two things commonly mentioned to be lacking and "needed" in Smash, yet I see almost no support for them. People like to bring up archetypes unrepresented in Smash as well, which she would fill since there's no pirate character (no, Ridley doesn't count).

Medusa seems to have only gained some popularity recently due to the introduction of Echo fighters, and her being the more likely candidate for Palutena. Before Ultimate's reveal everyone was clamoring for Hades, but I don't even see his support thread anymore.

Vaati's also ignored in favor of another Ganon.

Dark Matter is similar to Vaati, being overlooked for other villains or Bandana Dee. The latter because people expect him to make it in to fill a quota I'm assuming?

Third parties are much the same, with surprisingly more likely inclusions being ignored for characters with little actual ties to Nintendo. Cloud's often brought up as "opening the floodgates" while forgetting that FF was a Nintendo exclusive series until 7. Cloud was only even chosen due to being the most popular as Sakurai had considered Tina/Terra and Bartz (both debuted on Nintendo consoles), but decided against them for not being as recognizable. That aside...

A Dragon Quest character (probably Loto/Erdrick). It's one of the defining JRPGs and 11 is even releasing worldwide soon.

A MegaTen character such as Flynn, Nanashi, or Jack Frost. The main series has been on Nintendo consoles since the SNES (with the next being exclusive to the Switch) with the exception of III. Joker from P5 seems to have some minor support, but that's probably only due to how popular P5 ended up being without any regards to the series as a whole.

A Koei Tecmo character like Ryu Hayabusa or a Fatal Frame protagonist (probably Miku). The latter series is even co-owned by Nintendo ala Bayonetta and would represent the horror genre, something else people have been claiming to want or that Smash "needs." Ryu's another Simon/Castlevania situation.

With all of the characters I've mentioned I assume that not many people have played their games, so they're regarded as irrelevant? Or in the case of a DQ character, "another generic swordsman?" The third party series I mentioned are mostly popular in Japan, but all of them have had several games released worldwide. Ignoring characters and series just because they aren't popular in your country is pretty silly too.
you want a female villain, give us Carmen Sandiego… I'm not trolling either, I seriously want her to have an attack like Villager's item pocket, except she can steal an item while it's being held.

Other female villains on my list include:
Nina Cortex with attacks borrowed from Crash & Coco,
Evil Coco alternate outfit for Coco Bandicoot echo,
Sorceress from Spyro: Year of the Dragon;
Gruntilda the Ugly Wicked from Banjo-Kazooie;

BTW Captain Syrup is not a villain, Wario is the one who stole from her.
Golden Diva however, is a villain.
So is the Shadow Queen, She'd make an excellent psuedoecho of Peach with dark magic attacks replacing Peach's lighthearted ones.

We have Bayonetta as a female villain rep anyways
Wendy Koopa, eriously though we only have two villains...

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Vaati... I feel like I'm the only one pushing for Vaati. Though, then again, I'm definitely the only one who would want to play as Corsola, Dragonite, Moge-ko, or Pipsy.

As for my own answer, I have to say Bomberman. I would have personally expected him to be one of the premier choices for a 3rd party candidate and that simply wasn't the case. He definitely had a fair amount of support, but in relative terms not huge like I expected. It just feels like he hits every category. He is absolutely iconic, he has heavy ties to Nintendo, he has immediate relevance being one of the few franchises Konami is actually using right now, and he has moveset potential given his adventure games (even if people get stuck on the whole, but all he has is bombs thing). I think his problem seems to be that while people support him, he is few people's favorite, combined with his perceived lack of moveset potential.

There is also definitely the possibility that Konami itself preferred a different character be included for whatever marketing reasons, but we obviously can't comment on that.
Oh, me too. Bomberman is actually my most wanted character — I've been a die-hard supporter of the franchise ever since I played Bomberman 64, and I've been hoping for him to be in Smash ever since the days of Brawl speculation. Seeing Bomberman (and Krystal, my second-most-wanted character) as mere Assist Trophies made me feel incredibly sad.

Lloyd has far less support than I was expecting, I thought there would be quite a bit of support for him, while there is little real support I have seen from people.
... ...To be honest, if we get a Tales of Symphonia rep, one of the sequel's main characters would be better. Lloyd is just a swordsman, whereas Emil and Marta can summon monsters. It'd be like Yuna in Final Fantasy Dissidia Duodecim. I see Isaac from Golden Sun getting in long before Lloyd, since Isaac has Psynergy to set him apart.

Sceptile. We all knew him and loved him during brawl speculation, but people seem to have given up on him since then. Still, he continues to be pretty much the most wanted gen 3 poke for smash (only competition being blaziken and gardevoir.)
True. I guess Sceptile's overshadowed by Decidueye right now (not that I can blame people; the idea of a flying archer owl is pretty awesome). Though, honestly, Blaziken is my favorite of the Gen III starters, but when I envision Blaziken in Smash, I can't help thinking of some weird amalgamation of Captain Falcon, Falco, and Mario (or Ryu), since I see Blaze Kick and Sky Uppercut as Blaziken's most iconic moves, and those would end up cribbing off of Falcon Kick and Shoryuken (yes, I know that Flare Blitz and High Jump Kick are things Blaziken can do, but I generally prefer more reliable moves with good PP counts). As for Falco, Blaziken's Pokédex entries have a habit of mentioning that it can leap over skyscrapers, so Blaziken's jump height would need to rival Falco's.

Last edited:
Top Bottom