• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters Who Have Less Support Than You'd Expect

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Probably pretty bais, but I'd say Nightmare from Soulcalibur. I'm the owner of the Nightmare support thread and don't get me wrong, I'm really happy with the supporters for him, but it's definitely a slowish burn. I was super surprised to not see a Nightmare support thread already be made for Ultimate by the time I made one.

Again, I don't mean to come off too self-promoting, but I was genuinely shocked when I was the first to make a thread for him in Ultimate.
I think the issue is with Smashboards, there are very few people into fighting games and even fewer still into 3D fighting games.
Hell, most folks here probably have only heard about Soul Calibur because Link cameoed in SC2!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would say Skull Kid, but holy crap he really exploded in popularity on this forum after smash bros direct.
The start of his explosion in popularity was when Loz said that Skull Kid was in the game.

Before then, no one believed he had a shot

Cetus

Smash Apprentice
I honestly had no idea what Endless Ocean was to be frank, I had to look it up just now. But having said that, I think the reason is likely just that people mostly focus on characters and it doesn't look like there's a ton to pull from there. However, I feel like they could make an amazing stage based off of Endless Ocean. It could be beautiful!

As far as Conker goes, that one seems pretty clear to me actually. I think most people, myself included would love to see both Banjo and Conker in Smash, but I'm not going to lie and say I think getting both is even an option. Getting Banjo alone isn't guaranteed. So I think people just gravitate towards the character they want more and/or see as the more likely candidate. And frankly, as much as I love Conker, Banjo was definitely more iconic to Nintendo during the N64 era than Conker, especially for those that couldn't play Bad Fur Day due to the rating. I think Banjo is just more iconic, so when faced with a perceived choice between the two, people are likely going to go with Banjo, even if they like both options.

As for Spyro, I can't speak for anyone else, but while i love Spyro and would love to see him in Smash I still heavily associate him with the Playstation. Which, while not disqualifying him, makes him feel both less likely and less fitting. I would personally like to see characters liek Banjo, character that I heavily associate with Nintendo, before gaming icons that I don't (even if I also love them). I wouldn't be mad about Spyro making it, but given the choice between the two I would choose Banjo every time.

As for my own answer, I have to say Bomberman. I would have personally expected him to be one of the premier choices for a 3rd party candidate and that simply wasn't the case. He definitely had a fair amount of support, but in relative terms not huge like I expected. It just feels like he hits every category. He is absolutely iconic , he has heavy ties to Nintendo, he has immediate relevance being one of the few franchises Konami is actually using right now, and he has moveset potential given his adventure games (even if people get stuck on the whole, but all he has is bombs thing). I think his problem seems to be that while people support him, he is few people's favorite, combined with his perceived lack of moveset potential.

There is also definitely the possibility that Konami itself preferred a different character be included for whatever marketing reasons, but we obviously can't comment on that.
Yeah, thought so on the Endless Ocean thing. But Blue World, the sequel, is a lot more character driven with Oceana being the one that I think would make the most sense since she's the most story relevant and there's plenty of mechanics to base moves on. Plus, they could always just do a Villager and make the generic Diver the playable one. I'd certainly love a character and I do think there's fighter potential. I mean, they made Wii Fit and Game & Watch, so a character that has access to the mechanics of Blue World wouldn't be too far out. But I'd be content with representation at all in any form, especially a stage.

The Conker thing makes sense I suppose. But I just don't know why he's so... Uh... Rare... K. Rool's popularity didn't totally disqualify Dixie Kong, so I'm just a little surprised that Conker doesn't have some following. And the rating thing kinda died when Bayonetta got wicked. It makes sense that Banjo's the one with the larger fandom and while I've never played the games at all and have no nostalgic connection to them, I'd totally be up for Banjo joining because I'd love to see what they'd do with him because I just like that old Rare color scheme, y'know? Bright candy colors that make your eyes pop. Honestly, this might be his best shot cause we got King K. Rool in.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Yeah, thought so on the Endless Ocean thing. But Blue World, the sequel, is a lot more character driven with Oceana being the one that I think would make the most sense since she's the most story relevant and there's plenty of mechanics to base moves on. Plus, they could always just do a Villager and make the generic Diver the playable one. I'd certainly love a character and I do think there's fighter potential. I mean, they made Wii Fit and Game & Watch, so a character that has access to the mechanics of Blue World wouldn't be too far out. But I'd be content with representation at all in any form, especially a stage.

The Conker thing makes sense I suppose. But I just don't know why he's so... Uh... Rare... K. Rool's popularity didn't totally disqualify Dixie Kong, so I'm just a little surprised that Conker doesn't have some following. And the rating thing kinda died when Bayonetta got wicked. It makes sense that Banjo's the one with the larger fandom and while I've never played the games at all and have no nostalgic connection to them, I'd totally be up for Banjo joining because I'd love to see what they'd do with him because I just like that old Rare color scheme, y'know? Bright candy colors that make your eyes pop. Honestly, this might be his best shot cause we got King K. Rool in.
As far as Conker goes I think you might just be underestimating the level to which the fact that Conker and Banjo are 3rd party plays into it. Dixie may not be as popular as K Rool, but she is doesn't really need to be to be considered viable for inclusion. She simply has fewer hurdles.

Cetus

Smash Apprentice
As far as Conker goes I think you might just be underestimating the level to which the fact that Conker and Banjo are 3rd party plays into it. Dixie may not be as popular as K Rool, but she is doesn't really need to be to be considered viable for inclusion. She simply has fewer hurdles.
I suppose so, but my core point is that I just don't understand why Conker isn't seen too too often. I mostly meant I understand he's less popular than one like Banjo, and I used the K. Rool compared to Dixie to show that one's popularity doesn't necessarily detract from another. And Banjo and Conker are sort of on a level playing field being in the same third party. I don't expect Banjo's level of support, but somewhere around say Amatarasu.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I suppose so, but my core point is that I just don't understand why Conker isn't seen too too often. I mostly meant I understand he's less popular than one like Banjo, and I used the K. Rool compared to Dixie to show that one's popularity doesn't necessarily detract from another. And Banjo and Conker are sort of on a level playing field being in the same third party. I don't expect Banjo's level of support, but somewhere around say Amatarasu.
That is absolutely fair. I'm not too sure about that. Just to clarify I would love to see Conker as well. I just... don't see it happening unfortunately.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I understand that Rhythm Heaven isn't really a popular series, but did everyone just completely forget about it? I always considered a Rhythm Heaven rep a lock for this game, and was really surprised to see that not many others did. It's not like I'm bias about their chances though. They really have so much going for them. Rhythm Heaven is the biggest Nintendo franchise that hasn't been repped. Megamix released in Japan in 2015 (right before project plan) and sold really well. One would represent Rhythm games as a genre. There is a ton of moveset potential. There is no trace of Rhythm Heaven in Ultimate so far, when they would at least get an assist. They had an enemy in smash run. Most importantly, however, we know for a FACT one was planned for Smash 4. A Rhythm Heaven rep is so obvious. I have no idea how people don't realize it. It's also really surprising considering the Chorus Kids were popular picks for a time and got a ton of exposure due to the Gematsu leak. It just seems to me like no one cares about Rhythm Heaven, which is really a shame.

Royaru

Smash Cadet
I think that characters from "dead" series like Custom Robo, Chibi Robo, Advance Wars, Sin and punishment or Rhythm paradise need more support, also new series like Dillon. On the other hand, it is a bit surprising that characters like Geno has like massive support currently.
In thirds party... I wish more support to character like Lloyd Irving and Phoenix Wright instead of Crash or Spyro

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I understand that Rhythm Heaven isn't really a popular series, but did everyone just completely forget about it? I always considered a Rhythm Heaven rep a lock for this game, and was really surprised to see that not many others did. It's not like I'm bias about their chances though. They really have so much going for them. Rhythm Heaven is the biggest Nintendo franchise that hasn't been repped. Megamix released in Japan in 2015 (right before project plan) and sold really well. One would represent Rhythm games as a genre. There is a ton of moveset potential. There is no trace of Rhythm Heaven in Ultimate so far, when they would at least get an assist. They had an enemy in smash run. Most importantly, however, we know for a FACT one was planned for Smash 4. A Rhythm Heaven rep is so obvious. I have no idea how people don't realize it. It's also really surprising considering the Chorus Kids were popular picks for a time and got a ton of exposure due to the Gematsu leak. It just seems to me like no one cares about Rhythm Heaven, which is really a shame.
I think smash speculation just goes in cycles. Rhythm Heaven was highly speculated, as I recall anyway, largely due to the Gematsu leak. This made Chorus Kids the talk of the town when they might not otherwise have been mentioned. Sort of how Simon was everywhere this time around as far as speculation goes, but i can guarantee you that he would have been mentioned pretty infrequently if not for the Vergben leak. However it didn't work out for the Chorus Kids in the way that it did for Simon, and as such they sort of fell of the map, no longer having immediate relevance. They are definitely still possible, but without another leak with some credibility claiming their inclusion I doubt they will be talked about as highly again.

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I think that characters from "dead" series like Custom Robo, Chibi Robo, Advance Wars, Sin and punishment or Rhythm paradise need more support, also new series like Dillon. On the other hand, it is a bit surprising that characters like Geno has like massive support currently.
In thirds party... I wish more support to character like Lloyd Irving and Phoenix Wright instead of Crash or Spyro
I pretty much agree with that, except rather focusing on dead series', I just like to focus on series' that have no representation (which is pretty much the same anyway). I really would like all these series' to have a shot in the spotlight and maybe get more people interested, but if they aren't really popular (this is why Isaac has a shot) then I doubt any would make it. It's just not smart from a business perspective if they don't plan on reviving he series'. Also, Rhythm Heaven's not dead. Chibi-Robo isn't necessarily dead either, but probably is.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ryu Hayabusa, I feel like if he ever made it in it'd be like with Simon where in hindsight everyone could see how it made sense.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Toad/Captain Toad doesn't have much support as someone previously stated despite Treasure Tracker doing really well, many people enjoying Toad in Mario Kart, the Melee rumour and...yes; he's probably the biggest Nintendo All Star left in terms of fame.
I really do blame Sakurai's decision to randomly make Toad Peach's Neutral B move for the stunting of his fan support. I can't help but feel most people gave up on him being anything other than a counter a while ago.

Tails actually has less than I thought he would. With Ritcher now proving two 3rd parties from the same series can get in I expected Tails support to get much bigger than it is especially after the Melee rumour. Guess Shadow's the easier option?

Dillon's support is smaller than I'd expect. He's a popular AT and still missing and yet people aren't leaping to him like they are with Skull Kid, Shadow and Ashley.

Isabelle's support is smaller than I would have thought for someone as big a star as she is. Maybe because the pacifist nature but honestly that seems like an excuse and the real reason is the fan base just isn't on board with her cutesy nature.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Isabelle, I'd say she's one of the modern Nintendo stars. Maybe it's lack of fighting ability but relatively few people seems to support her.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
King Hippo kind of comes to mind. I always thought he would be a cool choice after Little Mac was revealed, with him arguably being the most recognizable Punch-Out!! opponent, but I’ve seen almost no one share the sentiment.

I wish I could say I’m shocked that Henry Fleming isn’t a common request, but it’s no secret that S.T.E.A.M. wasnt a hot commodity for most people...

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Vaati his support has died down

Tingle lol no need to explain

Billy and Jimmy lee, people are too young to know them?

Agumon his support has grown

Goemon again a character who’s games where made in to a Japan style slot machine don’t blame people for not knowing him

Ray people must of forgot about him

Conker, Banjo and kazoos overshine him.. guess it’s fair

Master chief, his support has grown

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Medusa might be one of the most underrated mentions in Smash discussion in general.

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
I would say Skull Kid, but holy crap he really exploded in popularity on this forum after smash bros direct.
Yeah I agree with you. I have been wanting Skull Kid since Super Smash Bros Brawl and I know better than anyone how much his fanbase has just exploded. Before the support just wasn't there on the level it is now.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Strongly disagree about Dixie. DK fans main focus was getting K. Rool in the game. Now that he's in, you'll see a massive shift in support towards Dixie,

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Ivan from Devil’s Third, he’s basically just another Bayonetta situation where Nintendo bought out the production of a M-Rated title, plus he could be a good joke character.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As an Adventure Island fan, I find it baffling that Master Higgins barely gets any support, if any. After Bomberman, he's one of the biggest former mascots of Hudson Soft, being the tongue-in-cheek caricature of the legendary spokesperson/Star Soldier pro player Meijin Takahashi. His weapons, items, dino friends and even his draining health handicap would lend themselves well to Smash Bros. Heck, he even showed up in a fighting game crossover, as well.

Also, F-Zero in general doesn't seem to get much fan backing for a dormant series, even though the Samurai Goroh AT reminds everyone how little fighters it has in Smash.

Finally, Duke Nukem ought to have more support. Not just because he did show up in some kid-friendly/general audience games before, but also to mend his reputation after what Forever did to it.

Last edited:

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
Medusa might be one of the most underrated mentions in Smash discussion in general.
Yeah personally I would prefer over Hades. I think she's a lot cooler, has been with the Kid Icarus franchise is longer, and would be the first female villain in Smash Bros. I'm surprised she doesn't have much support either.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Yeah personally I would prefer over Hades. I think she's a lot cooler, has been with the Kid Icarus franchise is longer, and would be the first female villain in Smash Bros. I'm surprised she doesn't have much support either.
She has quite a bit of support on my villains thread, though it usually is overshadowed by the rampant EarthBound Porky support.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I like Rhythm Heaven, and I think a character from that franchise has a good chance. My problem is that I don't really like the Chorus Kids....at least not as they are.

I had an idea for a Rhythm Heaven character called "Marshall & The Chorus Kids" (replacing one of the Chorus Kids with Marshall) I think that would be neat and make them sound like a real band.

It's funny because Marshall is barely that different from the Chorus Kids but I still like him more, he stands out to me more as a character.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I like Rhythm Heaven, and I think a character from that franchise has a good chance. My problem is that I don't really like the Chorus Kids....at least not as they are.

I had an idea for a Rhythm Heaven character called "Marshall & The Chorus Kids" (replacing one of the Chorus Kids with Marshall) I think that would be neat and make them sound like a real band.

It's funny because Marshall is barely that different from the Chorus Kids but I still like him more, he stands out to me more as a character.
That sounds pretty cool, although it's probably more likely for them to just add one or the other. I really just want a Rhythm Heaven rep in general. Since there is really no main character throughout the series aside from maybe Tibby and Marshal, I feel like it's really just up to whoever Sakurai feels like adding. I only brought up the Chorus Kids due to the Gematsu leak and them being my favorite. They can also sing meaning they can represent music better than a lot of characters.

Last edited:

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
She has quite a bit of support on my villains thread, though it usually is overshadowed by the rampant EarthBound Porky support.
Yeah I feel like sometimes the competition for Smash is so high that people are not necessarily forgotten about, but rather overshadowed. Also I'll be checking out your villains thread!

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I'm often surprises at several of the big names that don't get as much support.

Isabelle is pretty much the only big time Nintendo start currently not playable, yet she doesn't see as much support as one would think. Her thread has only recently seen more activity thanks to the Simon leak, and in that, much of it is about her being a Villager clone. I thought an overall popular and beloved character would get more attention, but I guess her niceness makes it hard for people to visualize her as a fighter.

Tails is also critically undersupported for some reason. He's a video game icon in his own right and pretty well loved by the gaming population, but his Smash support is so much smaller for a character his caliber. Between the whole "one character per third party company/series" fan rules, the background appearance in Green Hills Zone and/or the spike in Shadow's support, most people overlook this character for some reason.

That goes double for Dr. Eggman (aside from the GHZ cameo). A gaming baddy with as much clout as Bowser himself just seems to also be ignored by the Smash community for some reason.

Minecraft/Steve is also one that you would think would get more support for being one of the biggest gaming franchises in recent history. Mostly, I see the series listed in as what Smash fans don't want in the game for some reason. My only guess is that it's either considered too new (despite support for ARMs and other games that came out after it), part of Microsoft (despite support for Banjo and Master Chief) or being popular with a younger demographic (despite Mario and Pokemon sharing the same demographic with it).

Scorpion, and Mortal Kombat, is another one that doesn't get as much attention despite his impact of gaming history. I guess people think he's too violent, though he can be easily toned down while kept true to his character. With Ryu in, one would think fans would be more excited to finally achieve the 90's kid dream of having the two go toe to toe.

Toad is oddly overlooked, though I guess it's because he's been part of Peach's attack for so long, that people just accepted it. Still, he is the only major Mario character to no be playable in some incarnation.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Back in Brawl days there was a LOT of Crono support. I guess if it wasn't because of Squeenix's mishandling of the game, and demand, support would have picked full steam by now, and rival the great ones.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I'm tempted to reply to some posts with explanations of why I personally don't support certain characters, but I think I'll stick to the premise.

When looking for samurai-archetype characters to include in Smash, I found out about Shiren the Wanderer. He and his ferret companion are so cool that I was flabbergasted that there has apparently never been a support thread for him for any Smash game on these boards.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
I really wish Impa and classic pig Ganon had more support. Skull Kid's popularity has exploded recently and even though I love that, I still really like the idea of Impa and Ganon in the game. Impa's an easy echo and Ganon would be another super heavyweight like Bowser, Dedede, and now K. Rool. Plus he would be so much fun to use with the trident and hopefully some dead man's volley.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Half this thread: You know that obscure character that never came to my home region that barely sold anything in Japan? Why don't more people support that character?

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Without a doubt that (dis?)honor would go to :052:.
I've thought he deserved waaaaaaaaaaaaay more support, have done so since nearly a decade. I know the actual reason he doesn't get much outside of being seen as a niche choice is that he's not considered much of a, not sure how to word it but "Cool" "Standout" etc unlike the flavor of the month Pokemon, ones like Waluigi an such and etc among people. Not many bring up the idea of him, and it's a shame because I honestly feel he deserves much more attention within the Smash community for wanted characters for just how much he's up there as prominent and iconic throughout the series. Feel it's mostly people's tastes though I am not one to judge, but Gardevoir is my favourite Pokemon and if I had to pick between those two I'd without a doubt go with Meowth just because how much I feel him missing from the roster especially with ones like Jigglypuff in, though their inclusion makes sense having them but not him makes little to me.
It's a shame...

There's a few others I think should be more looked into, like some Retro contenders (Many were surprised by :ultduckhunt: due to this) and ones like Kamek and such slightly for notable Yoshi rep if he had to get one, though I don't think of them to the same degree personally.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Without a doubt that (dis?)honor would go to :052:.
I've thought he deserved waaaaaaaaaaaaay more support, have done so since nearly a decade. I know the actual reason he doesn't get much outside of being seen as a niche choice is that he's not considered much of a, not sure how to word it but "Cool" "Standout" etc unlike the flavor of the month Pokemon, ones like Waluigi an such and etc among people. Not many bring up the idea of him, and it's a shame because I honestly feel he deserves much more attention within the Smash community for wanted characters for just how much he's up there as prominent and iconic throughout the series. Feel it's mostly people's tastes though I am not one to judge, but Gardevoir is my favourite Pokemon and if I had to pick between those two I'd without a doubt go with Meowth just because how much I feel him missing from the roster especially with ones like Jigglypuff in, though their inclusion makes sense having them but not him makes little to me.
It's a shame...

There's a few others I think should be more looked into, like some Retro contenders (Many were surprised by :ultduckhunt: do to this) and ones like Kamek and such slightly for notable Yoshi rep if he had to get one, though I don't think of them to the same degree personally.
I figure his best chance would be to have him put in a Team Rocket setup, if Pokémon Let's Go makes people okay with the idea of having a few more Gen 1ers.

In terms of Yoshi reps, Poochy might make the most sense. He was even playable by himself, once.

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
As standing "Keeper of the charts" in the Top 10 Most Wanted Characters thread, there are quite a few characters who get far less support than I expected. Still, the notable lack of clamor for Bandai-Namco characters has felt particularly odd. There's a pretty clear tendency for people to vote for what is already winning, or for what they feel has the best odds of actually happening... but in spite of that, there's very little conversation surrounding the most probable candidates(Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia, Heihachi Mishima from Tekken, KOS-MOS from Xenosaga, Nightmare from SoulCalibur, etc.).

In fact, Lloyd Irving just barely makes top 50, beaten by characters like Mike Jones and Dr. Eggman. Furthermore, even if you combine every total for every Bandai-Character, they still wouldn't make top 30. Considering we're all but certain to be getting a new character from them, the conversation seems to be deathly quiet.

On these forums, Nightmare sports 13 supporters, while Lloyd & Heihachi both hold 20.
KOS-MOS leads with 27, but that still marks her as below characters like Sans and Tingle.

One would expect this to be a matter of much debate... so why the strained silence?

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
As standing "Keeper of the charts" in the Top 10 Most Wanted Characters thread, there are quite a few characters who get far less support than I expected. Still, the notable lack of clamor for Bandai-Namco characters has felt particularly odd. There's a pretty clear tendency for people to vote for what is already winning, or for what they feel has the best odds of actually happening... but in spite of that, there's very little conversation surrounding the most probable candidates(Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia, Heihachi Mishima from Tekken, KOS-MOS from Xenosaga, Nightmare from SoulCalibur, etc.).

In fact, Lloyd Irving just barely makes top 50, beaten by characters like Mike Jones and Dr. Eggman. Furthermore, even if you combine every total for every Bandai-Character, they still wouldn't make top 30. Considering we're all but certain to be getting a new character from them, the conversation seems to be deathly quiet.

On these forums, Nightmare sports 13 supporters, while Lloyd & Heihachi both hold 20.
KOS-MOS leads with 27, but that still marks her as below characters like Sans and Tingle.

One would expect this to be a matter of much debate... so why the strained silence?
I only have theories myself on why Bamco doesn't get as much popularity as it does.

Nightmare and Heihachi: very few people on this board play fighting games, much less 3D fighting games.

Lloyd: a JRPG protagonist that doesn't have repeated appearances so his popularity dwindles with every passing year. The only exception has been Cloud which Squeenix pushes religiously.

Kos-Mos: Same as above, but to a much higher degree due to many people thinking Xenoblade seemingly "succeeding" the xenosaga series and xenosaga itself being pretty old, accelerating the "non-relevant" bias.

Also, add me to the Kos-Mos support list. I'd rather her than anyone from XCX or XC2.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Perhaps it is because we know there will be an Namco rep, at least in some part. While being sure someone is coming can help a characters popularity and lead to bandwagoning, Namco is only expected because they are helping making the game, not because there is some long requested character. Also, I feel like KOS-MOS is severly hurt by the prevelance of Elma and Rex & Pyra(At least, when speculation first began).

NintenJen

Smash Cadet
NNID
DictatorChoco
Crono from Chrono Trigger seems to be lacking support. I haven't played the game but I know it was huge back in its day and is considered to be one of the greatest video games of all time. You'd think Crono would have a huge support following like Geno.

Also, anyone from Dragon Quest. It's huge in Japan and has sold 71 million titles worldwide.

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Crono from Chrono Trigger seems to be lacking support. I haven't played the game but I know it was huge back in its day and is considered to be one of the greatest video games of all time. You'd think Crono would have a huge support following like Geno.

Also, anyone from Dragon Quest. It's huge in Japan and has sold 71 million titles worldwide.
There was massive support for a slime before Smash 4. Idk if its supporters left and didn't return, changed their minds, or were just bandwagoning.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Perhaps it is because we know there will be an Namco rep, at least in some part. While being sure someone is coming can help a characters popularity and lead to bandwagoning, Namco is only expected because they are helping making the game, not because there is some long requested character. Also, I feel like KOS-MOS is severly hurt by the prevelance of Elma and Rex & Pyra(At least, when speculation first began).
If any new Bamco reps make it this time, this ought to shift support towards lesser requested characters, like Klonoa and Agumon.

Top Bottom