• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters that play similar to Marth

Was Marth your main in Melee?

• Total voters

Kulty

Smash Ace
Hi guys,

I'm trying to look for characters that play similarly to:marth:in Project M. Any ideas? I know:roypm:can be included, but who else?
EDIT: I main:ganondorf:along with:metaknight:as a secondary so far. I might change my characters, so I'm trying to explore new ones.

Last edited:

nimigoha

Smash Ace
Every character is unique. Why do you want someone similar to Marth? If you play Melee Marth then you can play PM Marth and he's like 99% the same.

Kulty

Smash Ace
Every character is unique. Why do you want someone similar to Marth? If you play Melee Marth then you can play PM Marth and he's like 99% the same.
I just want to play characters that have a different moveset from the original Smash games or characters that feel different compared to the main series. In other words, a character moveset that the PMDevT has developed on their own. I just want someone who has the same fundamentals or share the same gameplay design or reward as Marth. Anyone that has the same fundamentals or rewards as Marth?

Last edited:

nimigoha

Smash Ace
I tend to say Lucas. They have pretty similar DD and WD and both rely heavily on spacing, since Lucas has prioritized flub hitboxes on many of his moves (Fair, Dtilt, Ftilt, Utilt, Bair, Magnet).

Lucas is like Spacie/Marth to me.

But Charizard sorta. Spacing, DD, grab-heavy... Not too sure, it's tough. Every character is unique and you can sorta draw parallels with anyone.

Kulty

Smash Ace
I tend to say Lucas. They have pretty similar DD and WD and both rely heavily on spacing, since Lucas has prioritized flub hitboxes on many of his moves (Fair, Dtilt, Ftilt, Utilt, Bair, Magnet).

Lucas is like Spacie/Marth to me.

But Charizard sorta. Spacing, DD, grab-heavy... Not too sure, it's tough. Every character is unique and you can sorta draw parallels with anyone.
I see. Anyone else comes to mind?:dedede:?:ike:?:pit:?

nimigoha

Smash Ace
Really not DDD. Ike sorta, he spaces with a big sword. Pit sorta, he juggles with a small sword. Both grab a lot.

Kulty

Smash Ace
Really not DDD. Ike sorta, he spaces with a big sword. Pit sorta, he juggles with a small sword. Both grab a lot.
Okay. So:lucas::charizard::ike::pit:. Thanks. Will try them for now! I'll come back later on. Anybody else or someone missing? I just want to make sure.

Tomaster

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo is also similar but waay harder..

Edit: Diddy is also kinda similar to marth in that he has super fluid movement with wavelands and dash dance.

Last edited:

Kulty

Smash Ace
Mewtwo is also similar but waay harder..
I try to play Mewtwo, but he's WAY TOO TECHNICAL! I'm not a fan of technical characters, since I don't want to break my fingers. I know I'm exagerating, but if I play technical characters, my fingers are gonna hurt so bad (that's just me though)!

Top Bottom