• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters that Need Buffs and Fixes

R-senpai

Smash Cadet
Thsee characters genuinely bother me in poor design. It's honestly so strange that they allowed this stuff to happen. I find it just very very odd that they released the characters with these issues, and still haven't fixed thm.

:ultshulk:
Shulk only needs a few fixes.
-Fix Vision and make it an unblockable move again.
Vision is a terrible counter, it's blockable, and can be dodged. The move straight up just never hits in the air. All they need to do is makw it so you cannot dodge and block vision, and make it so you can reliably land this move in the air
-Fix Jab
Jab is Shulk's worst move. All the range from Sm4sh has been lost, but that's not its only issue. At times the jab doesn't combo into itself, it's unfair to be punished for landing a move like this.

:ultmarth:
oh boy... Marth. What did they do to this character.
-Buff Tipper, it is too small, even with correct spacing, some of the tipper hit boxes just don't hit. Many moves like Dancing Blade have terrible tipper hitboxes, with (I think) priority on the sour spot. Some hit animations even make Marth get a sour spot.
-Fix hitboxes. Marth's hitboxes can be absolutely terrible at times. I will post the images in the comment, it's truly sad. What makes these images even worse, is that they're supposed to be tippers!

Marth honestly saddens me, I wish he worked, because I would play him tons if he did.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Jabs as a whole need to be fixed. Sometimes you can land the first hit and the second hit will miss for some reason, which looks real weird on characters like Hero where they just swing their sword downwards with no difference whatsoever after landing the first hit and it misses.

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
They need to put Sheik back into the game, instead of the wimp they replaced her with.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Piranha Plant needs less lag and better hitboxes on damn near everything it has.

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
Samus ideally needs a moveset overhaul. Otherwise they need to stop being so trepidatious with her. An up-smash that reliably connects all hits, larger sweetspot on f-smash, and a d-smash that KOs earlier than 200% would not be overpowered. The non-functional grab 2 is just obscure.

Top Bottom