• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters that are good against Falcon in 3.6?

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Tired of this MU with my main so am in the search of a secondary. Preferably, I'd like to know which of the bawlr veterans and Melee non-top tiers (no Fox, Falco, Sheik, etc.) handle Falcon well.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Scratch that. Which Melee top-tier does best vs Falcon?

Last edited:

SilentDeadbolt

Smash Cadet
Dude just play fox. He destroys falcon. Same with Falco. Falcon has the worst tech roll in the game. You can tech chase him to death. Also if you get him off stage he should die.

Styro

Smash Rookie
Melee characters that do well against falcon are Fox, Falco, and Sheik. Shiek is very hard for captain falcon to deal with as she can combo him like crazy and gimp his bad recovery. Also needles are a pain on stage and off stage for falcon. Both Fox and Falco are great characters that can easily techchase flalcon and apply a lot of shield pressure. Falcon has not so great Oos options.

Randomman14

Smash Cadet
Charizard counters falcon pretty hard. jab beats out any aerial approaches and even grabs if times well. Also falcons fall speed makes him easier to combo in the air as zard. zard is my main for pretty much the falcon MU only, so if your looking for an easy to learn character that counters falcon, Charizard fits that well

tasteless gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Charizard counters falcon pretty hard. jab beats out any aerial approaches and even grabs if times well. Also falcons fall speed makes him easier to combo in the air as zard. zard is my main for pretty much the falcon MU only, so if your looking for an easy to learn character that counters falcon, Charizard fits that well
combo/knee fodder though?

tasteless gentleman

Smash Journeyman
slightly, but not as bad as you think. plus if you play it right they shouldnt be getting in to combo you in the first place. keeping falcon out with jabs and tilts and then using that to start your own combo game.
I'll look into this, but if your right, you just made my life easier.

Xtra_Crispy

Smash Cadet
Sheik feels a lot easier in PM without her dthrow techchases to obvlivion but it's still pretty hard for falcon. Still feels pretty even though.
Game and watch ****s on falcon really hard imo (he even sort of could in melee without the majority of the tools he has in PM) His fair beats out most everything falcon has unless he gets above you with a stomp in which case utilt is godlike. Chair and dash attack can clank/ beat a lot of areals. Sometimes you can get a CC dtilt in between hits of a gentlemen. You have dthrow reaction tech chases to like 300% on him if you really want to. Fadeback fair or come down on top dair both can get you out of falcon's juggles somewhat reliably. You die pretty easy from knees but your combo game on him is absurd and your edgeguard game is even better. It's not free by any means because falcon can still just do his falcon things if you let him but given how easy of a learning curve GDubs has in the beginning I would consider looking into picking him up for falcon.

Also bacon covers falcon's approach angles pretty well (it floats right at sh nair height and stray ones cover fullhop approaches instead) so if all else fails projectile spam like crazy.

Top Bottom