• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters that are better that the people said

Goty Rase

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
RAZ#535
In your opinion what character needs to be higher in the Tier List

Last edited:

Veca Gorebyss

Smash Journeyman
¤

to my knowledge. ganondorf in "brawl" is like. low. in tier. or whatever.

people would clown him galore back then.

buf i think there is something to him.

that initial fist is remarkable.

kay.

¤

natent

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
nate#864
kirby, if people play him more, he could be A or S tier imo

natent

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
nate#864
I have a question: What makes you think that, what you think makes kirby good? I am curios
i was trolling but i think if all people played more "low tier" / "mid tier" characters, theses character could be climb in tierlist, by discover new tech etc,

BlusterKongTheKing

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
HCOX#738
People are sleeping on Gdubs I swear. Mans is better than Ganon for sure (Also DK is Doc-Luigi tier)

Aidya

Smash Rookie
Mewtwo but it will take someone with no passion in life except melee to prove it.

BlusterKongTheKing

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
HCOX#738
DK. The big guy's been on an absolute tear recently, from multiple top players! I think DK has what it takes to be high tier.
I don't think DK is high tier, but I definitely think he is viable to win a major. Like if you had a aMSa level DK with the right bracket it's possible.

Goty Rase

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
RAZ#535
I don't think DK is high tier, but I definitely think he is viable to win a major. Like if you had a aMSa level DK with the right bracket it's possible.
There is a DK Smash Melee documentary about the rise of DK in the competitive, it is very interesting and I also think he can win a major/super major in the future.

Goty Rase

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
RAZ#535
Mewtwo but it will take someone with no passion in life except melee to prove it.
I have seen some clips of Leffen’s Mewtwo and it seems pretty good, if I am not wrong a Mewtwo almost make top 64 in Genesis 9 so it can have future, the thing with mid tiers and low tiers it is that they can be very good but players don’t give then a chance, personally I think that Roy is a very good character but people don’t practice a lot because Marth exist, it is the same problem that Ganondorf have but Roy is a more extreme case.

Sky_Nova_20

Smash Rookie
I'd say Mewtwo. One of the best recoveries in the game, has good combo ability (especially with Nair as a combo starter), decent projectile in Neutral B when fully charged, and down smash is a nice kill option too. Hard to combo as well due to its floatiness. Out of all the low tiers, I think it's the best.

I also think Mario is overlooked too? His grab/throw game is pretty good considering he has chain grabs on a lot of characters (although you could argue they're DIable, the player can still read the DI and grab the opponent again), and he was considered top-tier back in the very early metagame.

Last edited:

sal ig

Smash Apprentice
Doc

Advantages - strong killpower, one of the best out of shield options in the game, good projectile, kill throw and solid trows in general, reflector, decent combos, does alot of damage, good ledge trapping and great smash attacks

disavantages - slow, easy to gimp off stage (although unlike other characters he does have mixups), bad disavantage state and hard to get back down in a juggle situation

Now yes compared to other characters doc feels like a joke but considering the fact that over the span of this meta and this year docs results have been increasing alot I think that at some point he could be considered a character on the low end of the mid tiers bcs although hes definetly not a top tier or even high tier, hes also not a bottome tier or low tier

Last edited:

BlusterKongTheKing

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
HCOX#738
Doc

Advantages - strong killpower, one of the best out of shield options in the game, good projectile, kill throw and solid trows in general, reflector, decent combos, does alot of damage, good ledge trapping and great smash attacks

disavantages - slow, easy to gimp off stage (although unlike other characters he does have mixups), bad disavantage state and hard to get back down in a juggle situation

Now yes compared to other characters doc feels like a joke but considering the fact that over the span of this meta and this year docs results have been increasing alot I think that at some point he could be considered a character on the low end of the mid tiers bcs although hes definetly not a top tier or even high tier, hes also not a bottome tier or low tier
Maybe the real play is Mario Doc dual main. Mario obviously has big weaknesses compared to Doc but he has better throw combos on some characters and a better disadvantage state and recovery.

Top Bottom