• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters have module files too

Pokechao

Smash Apprentice
can we replace characters in ssbb the same way the stages replace others with the module files?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Not yet.
We need a way to edit them.
Which is what PW is/was working on (depending on if he even still visits the Smash Hacking community. I know a few months ago he came back and flaunted that he basically got cloned characters working and said he's working on a module editor).

Otherwise, characters having module files in cOLD mOLD on my sLATE pLATE.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Which is what PW is/was working on (depending on if he even still visits the Smash Hacking community. I know a few months ago he came back and flaunted that he basically got cloned characters working and said he's working on a module editor).

Otherwise, characters having module files in cOLD mOLD on my sLATE pLATE.
We DO have a viewer.

@Pokechao
Character .rels are harder to understand then stage .rels. I tried to compare Mario and Sonic's .rels, trying to find a common string, but gave up (too much hex).

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Please post all support questions in Tutorials, FAQs & Help next time.

Pokechao

Smash Apprentice
We DO have a viewer.

@Pokechao
Character .rels are harder to understand then stage .rels. I tried to compare Mario and Sonic's .rels, trying to find a common string, but gave up (too much hex).
why not just copy every thing in the .rel files and paste them into another character, then copy all the .pac files?

shanus

Smash Hero
it won't work, these control a large amount of character features and memory allocations which are *very* finicky. Simple put, only a very skilled hacker such as dantarion or PW will be able to engineer this to work

Scrubtastic

Smash Rookie
can we replace characters in ssbb the same way the stages replace others with the module files?

UHH Yea about that could you do me a small favour (if you have Super Smash Bros Brawl on you computer) send me a download link to a REGULAR sonic module cuz i kinda was an idiot and messed up my game replacing it with something else. use google drive or mega idk i just really need it... sorry for the very specific request.

Top Bottom