• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character you hate losing to the most!

nubilepoopile

Smash Cadet
I get salty over Samus too. I've noticed a lot of them lately, and they all pretty much wreck my **** because who even knows Samus' moves?

samuroleon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Samuroleon
Hate losing to rosa, sonic, toon link and little mac. Mac for obvious reasons

LyonelNoale

Smash Cadet
Sonic ONLY when the lag cripples my ability to punish. Generally though, a sun salutation helps smack that annoying blue blur right out of his spin dash and past the ozone layer.

SkyboundTerror

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SkyboundTerror
3DS FC
0559-6972-5367
Probably Wario.

You can kick their ass all day, then they start running away until they have a fully charged fart and lucky KO you at 30% cause of stupid rage and a mistimed/lagged shield. It's easy to see coming more than half the time, but when you play often, you're bound to get hit by that down special.

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
C. Falcon. Especially when they are 12 year olds who spam the same d-throw uair combo, get that easy spike and use 2-3 taunts. At that point I switch to Diddy and they rage quit. Soooo satisfying. It's like they've literally never seen one of Diddy's bananas before... All the FG Falcon's run straight into them and get fsmashed to death.

Edit: To the above poster, if I'm playing Wario and I SD and they taunt (I despise this), I will usually balance the stocks and drag the match out to make their life miserable. Usually right before the match goes into sudden death the guy freaks out and does really stupid stuff... That's what wafts in the last 5 seconds look like.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Link/Toon Link on FG

I truly despise these two (unless someone is kind enough to use them without spamming every projectile constantly). I've literally gone to just Self-Destructing so I don't get my mood ruined. If the map had been Battlefield instead of Final Destination I feel like I would be able to at least put up a fight.

Maybe I'm childish for giving up instead of facing them head on but I'd rather sacrifice my pride and give up a match then have to stop playing for an hour or two.

Last edited:

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
Hum... probably Captain Falconi. Something about having a character be up in your face the whole time. Just irks me. Really don't like losing to Falcons.

Thekiller37

Smash Cadet
NNID
Trebek
3DS FC
0232-8097-9642
probably Zelda, I should know better than to get hit by her recovery. problem is, it gets spammed the entire match, and theres no tell on where it's going, other than its going to you. I almost exclusively play FG teams as well, so there's usually no punishing her for it either :/

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
probably Zelda, I should know better than to get hit by her recovery. problem is, it gets spammed the entire match, and theres no tell on where it's going, other than its going to you. I almost exclusively play FG teams as well, so there's usually no punishing her for it either :/
Just shield and punish, either that or move out of the way when she starts it and punish after she spawns back in

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
:4falcon:

Every match with C. Falcon is just a keep away game of not getting grabbed and combo'd in the air. Lose a stock and they'll spam "show ya moves!" (even if they're barely surviving with like 200%). The worst part is that he's so common that I often find myself in this situation at least five times a day.

salaboB

Smash Champion
:4villager:

I hate his moveset and that he's in the game at all as a combat character, so I really dislike losing to him. (As such I've made sure I understand him as well as I can so that won't happen too often :p)

カワシさん

Little Mac, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, and any character that's my main (because it makes me think that I'm bad with it and I need to get better, even though I know I need to).

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
I had never really experienced this until recently, but since I main :4dedede:, losing to :4kirby: is actually the most humiliating way to lose. It is half because I believe Dedede wins the matchup, but when the classic rivalry is started, the stakes are immediately raised and whoever loses has to receive twice the humiliation.

Also, I can't really remember it ever happening since lucarios are so rare online, but if I were playing :4charizard:, losing to :4lucario: would be very humiliating since charizard has a serious type advantage (I know it doesn't matter in smash, but in the pokémon games charizard beats lucario).

Kai_64

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kai9001
I hate losing to Falcon... I've never beaten a Falcon in tournament. I have 3rd place and a few 5ths.... all thanks to falcon.... ridiculous...

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
I hate losing to :4diddy:because he is so low tier and it's just embarrassing.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Rosalina/Sonic/Villager since it's usually a game of cat and mouse and I run the clock chasing them all over the stage only to wind up not being able to KO them in time. And then ironically Ike. Since I obviously should know the spacing and matchup of my main yet I never cease to turn brain dead stupid and run into every single smash punish. Losing Ike dittos makes me extremely salty lol.

Riuvee

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiuAuraeon
3DS FC
4296-3444-5420
Normally a Ness or Diddy due to setting up Throws and Hoo Haas. I actually main Ness...and not so much Diddy anymore due to his brief infamy, never used a Hoo Haa online nor that I want to...

It pains me when I feel like leaving a character I like when many use them for just 1 or 2 safe tactics. There's no "wrong" way to play Smash, but it's more or less giving the decent & professional mains a rather bad rep, due to the overuse. Heck, I sometimes walk away from Lucario (not cause of hearing about the roll / aura spam. It sometimes gets boring to stick with just one fighter) and Falcon to simply focus more on Ike. I never see an Ike player unless it's one of my close pals. Fighting for my friends felt more satisfying since he's seemingly one of the more underplayed characters, at least from my experience.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
I friggin hate Yoshi. His entire playstyle is based around command grabs, egg spam, and dair. Oh, and he gets super armor for his double jump and dair. So basically, immunity to meteors. So, you can't shield, you can't spike him, you can't approach him, you can try to spotdodge but you'll still get hit about half the time anyways, and if you're on your last stock you can't approach him near the ledge.

It's not so much that Yoshi is hard to beat, he's really not, it's just that his kit is so irritating (and he's so annoyingly cheerful) that you get just as mad when you win as when you lose.

SoSoGreed

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5386-9186-4602
Personally I hate losing to Sheik. I hate that she has all of those utilities mixed with speed. Like I know I use slower characters but to me it seems that Sheik has WAAAAY to much going for her. She can easily stop high recover with her aerial game. Easily stop low recover with those god awful bombs and easily stop z recover with her needles. To me she was built to be WAAAY to good.

Manakete[_]Lotys

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0344-9647-4927
I hate losing to Sheik and Falcon taunt spammers. Like, congrats you killed me. You're at 120% on both of our last stocks, but you killed me. *opponent does all 3 of their taunts*

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
:4falcon:
Facing Falcon is hell, as most people who use this character either dash attack, jab, and last but not the grab. After I play Falcons I usually just quit since Falcons generally do most of the actions I listed, and it's like playing a game of "don't get grabbed". Oh, and if you approach them, they keep rolling back like Little Mac.
:4link:
I hate facing Link, he's like the second scrub magnet of this game. Some of the scrubs that use him either spam his projectiles, (one keep using the side B even after the Boomerang is out) and others just approach you and spam his jab, up smash, and the side tilt. That damn side tilt has klled me many times since whenever I block the first side tilt, i try to punish, only to get hit by another side tilt.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Little Mac, Sonic, and Wii Fit Trainer.
The former and the latter because it is absolutely ****ing embarrassing losing to them. Mac because it literally takes one good back throw to beat him and WFT because losing to such an insignificant character makes me question my life. Sonic is obvious.

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
Any fast speedy characters like Sonic, Shiek and Falcon. I really don't like fast speedy characters. I also really hate characters like Shulk or Lucina or any sword characters that keep spamming counter all the time. But overall the worst character I hate fighting against is Sonic.....I really hate Sonic so much.

MaxBowser

Smash Rookie
Bowser. I get super-competitive when someone else picks him because I have to be the greatest Bowser user ever!

Ike. Everything he says makes him sound like such a tool!
Also Sonic for similar reasons.

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
I hate losing to Pit because his gosh dang victory taunt is so gosh dang annoying. He starts screeching with his 10 year old voice (VICTOREEE!) and has that really obnoxious smile... I just want to punch him in the face. Idk how to explain it. I half expect his voice to crack when I hear it. And I hate losing to Dark Pit because I hate that Dark Pit is a character.

Last edited:

Porygon24

Smash Rookie
Pikachu because all of his taunts and his personality brings the most salt considering your attempting to beat each other to death. Also 70% of Pikachus just spam Thunder Shock

Top Bottom